Fosse69

FA Cup 2nd Round Cheltenham Away

Ah well, whatever will be. Incentive is still there to get in 3rd round with potential windfall so hopefully the squad will still be up for it whoever we play.  On our day we are definitely capable of beating either of these, even if it takes a replay.  Keep positive !

1 minute ago, cheshirevaliant said:

Cheltenham a decent day out and a bit closer too. Less said about Swindon in terms of the day out and recent Vale performances, the better! 

So is it Cheltenham we want ?

2 hours ago, Rampant Zebra said:

I believe it is a 50-50 split of the net proceeds, i.e after match day expenses for the home club are deducted and  5% to the FA. 

Thank you. I’d suggest to boost the coffers we need to take as many fans as possible. The cash would be excellent to boost the clubs funds. Who knows win this carry on with current league form, then come January we could strengthen the first team, but only if we’re bringing in better than what we’ve got. 

54 minutes ago, Conrad said:

When’s the Cheltenham-Swindle replay?

personally I hope it’s Cheltenham, hate going to Swindle.

Understandable, given the many hidings we have suffered there and how expensive it is to go in!!

13 hours ago, TJHValiant said:

Crummy draw. I hate any match where you play a team in the same division. However these two are awful away days too. Swindon always charge daft money and our record is dreadful there. It is winnable though 

Wouldn't say Cheltenham is a bad trip - easy to get to , M6  M5,  lovely town, you used to be able to park free on the racecourse car park and a free bus took you to the ground. ( you had to pay for the bus in to town)  Nice weathersoons in town for cheap grub/ale and , for a couple of quid , you could go in to their club at the ground. Lovely views from the away end - all in all a very pleasant away day/weekend - providing we win of course!

Would totally agree about Swindon though.

• Like 1

... just came across this on the Swindon's fans' website...

"For those panicking about Grant and Doyle - apparently both the contracts stated they weren’t to play in the FA Cup when they joined, and this isn’t something that has been decided recently and due to form."

This might be of some help to us should Swindon win the replay, as it suggests that neither Doyle nor Grant would be able to face us. I assume that if this is true, then neither club will be able to change the written contract until Jan 1st.

For me it doesn’t really matter. Take a quick look at the feed when we’d been drawn against Franchise FC,so negative. I know that was probably due you our inept performances around that time. Keep the faith 

7 hours ago, Vale fan in Alsager said:

Well we have being doing fabulously away and players  have been putting there bodies on the line to deny goals for the opposition .

We could do with free travel so to take as many as possible either venue .

Thats a big ask though as we ain’t got thousands throw away .

Just hope we can get through ,how I do not really care ,block the goal up with bricks and someone get  thee head on something And it fly in .

Come on Vale 

It is a big ask, I know we are making progress but not quite Prem League yet😀

7 hours ago, Bald Eagle said:

Did you enjoy it??😉

You've won the prize for being the first daft git to make that comment!

4 hours ago, cheshirevaliant said:

I'd prefer Cheltenham personally. Obviously can't speak for anyone else. 

Definitely Cheltenham for me. Swindon are going well. We could win at Cheltenham. Pun intended. 😂