Fosse69

FA Cup 2nd Round Cheltenham Away

Do we hope for a non-league team or go for a big named team at home.

Nice to be home or Boston United away as I could get a taxi there lol.

Just nice to be sitting there on a monday watching the draw take place.

If its a home draw, it could possibly be played on the Friday or Sunday, as Sjoke are at home to Blackburn on Saturday 30th (although there have been numerous precedents in the last couple of seasons of both of us playing at home on the same day - suppose it depends who our potential home opponents would be?)

48 minutes ago, Biddulph_PV said:

Yes, a crappy lower league team then Spuds away in Round 3.

If in London why not the Hammers, another new ground, better chance of winning, not that I am counting the chickens yet.

In the 2nd round there are no big names. Drawing Ipswich or Sunderland at home isn’t really a glamour tie. Just a bloody difficult one. 

Another duff league 1 team on hard times or non league team at home works for me. 

The worst draw is always a team in the same league for me. They are always edgy matches and don’t feel like cup ties for me. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TJHValiant said:

Good point. Forget about their bye. That’s ideal. 

Yep.  Lowest ranked team.  Almost guaranteed to be on the box

Home tie against anyone,IC.May I also say ,out the first round winnings ,Carol and Kev should treat themselves to a bottle or two of Dom Perignon.

If Carlsberg is 2nd round draws it would be at home against the lowest ranked side with a chance to be on TV!

Weren't the lowest ranked team the ones awarded the Bury bye?

Played loads of games at home when stoke are also at home recently.

If its a home draw, it could possibly be played on the Friday or Sunday, as Sjoke are at home to Blackburn on Saturday 30th (although there have been numerous precedents in the last couple of seasons of both of us playing at home on the same day - suppose it depends who our potential home opponents would be?)

51 minutes ago, Walter said:

Played loads of games at home when stoke are also at home recently.

Yeah, I mentioned that if you properly read the post.

There's a fair chance of the 2nd round game being on the Sunday anyway, as BBC move a number of games (6 or 8?) to Sunday lunchtime, so they can do reports and show the goals as soon as they happen in the FA Cup Final Score programme that they do each round.