Fosse69

FA Cup 2nd Round Cheltenham Away

Either will be tough but we're a match for anyone at the moment if the good Vale turns up.

Would be superb to win and draw Liverpool or Man U away in the 3rd round if only to reward the players, JA et al and the Shannahans for how much has been achieved this year.

• Like 1

Absolutely crap draw, whoever wins the replay.  Either way we’re in with a chance. I’d rather not go to Swindon but they’ll give us more tickets so fingers crossed they win the replay.

23 hours ago, Jacko51 said:

The game last season at Swindon was the worst of the season.  It was played in a howling gale and ended 0-0.  I seem to recall their manager complaining that we'd been time wasting from the first minute because Scott Brown couldn't get the ball to stay still for a goal kick and had to keep respotting it!

Game was only worthwhile as Big Norm got it both barrels from the away end.

Christ that was a depressing day. Genuinely thought the club was finished.

Whoever we play, we’ll be up against a Robins team we haven’t beaten away since 2005.

It’s #ANewEra so it’s going to be our year.

Round 3 here we come.

Now I’ll go back to lurking...

22 hours ago, Rampant Zebra said:

Past results are no guide to future performance...

Lardies were West Brom bogie side look how that ended up  

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Mr Vale said:

Cheltenham away. Glad about that because we never seem to get a result at Swindon Town. 

Easier game, but still a test of our emergence.

Either one would have been tough, but at least I can visualise us going to Cheltenham and having a chance of coming back with something.

The County Ground, on the other hand, is a stadium we have a miserable record at.

Swindon wouldnt have Doyle which is why they struggled to score last night. Cheltenham won't have Varney. We don't have to fear anyone in this division as long as our work ethic continues.

• Like 1

Some good pubs in the town, always wondered why we never take many to Cheltenham. Hopefully this will change this season.