onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread - Port Vale v Crewe Alexandra

Fosse69

Advert

Also; Adam Crooks is the archetypal defender who you never notice, which is great in my eyes.

I literally forget he's playing nearly every week, which is testament to his consistency and never making a mistake.

Yeah he's been quietly efficient for us, very impressive. Had one torrid game when he was up against the best player on the pitch, forget which game. Today he was v. good, worked well with Monty. He's not a speed merchant, overlapping wing back type. Not like Clark or Gibbo.

But goes about his business, keeps it simple, and adds a bit of height. I've been very impressed with him.

Really enjoyed the match, really enjoying the wine now as well!! Very good performances by them all, except Brown, but only cos he had nowt to do!! Deserved to win by 3 or 4. Smith, Howkins and Worrell truly outstanding - Howkins was a beast!! Fartell and their fans - embarrassing. What sort of a k~~b lets a flare off in their own seats. Still they didn't throw a coconut on to the pitch like in the Edinburgh derby. ( I kid you not). Loved giving Fartell loads. Bloke behind said he hated him more than Hitler!! Surprised by Crwho, how long ball and dirty they were - although i don't know why cos they usually are like that - spose the propaganda bulls##t they push out must get in to your brain!! Just need HIM to sell up and p##s off now. ST sales soar - get Askey and the better players tied down and rebuild - for the first time in ages I feel quite confident about the future now. Not long ago I didn't think we had a future. UTV.

Really enjoyed the match, really enjoying the wine now as well!! Very good performances by them all, except Brown, but only cos he had nowt to do!! Deserved to win by 3 or 4. Smith, Howkins and Worrell truly outstanding - Howkins was a beast!! Fartell and their fans - embarrassing. What sort of a k~~b lets a flare off in their own seats. Still they didn't throw a coconut on to the pitch like in the Edinburgh derby. ( I kid you not). Loved giving Fartell loads. Bloke behind said he hated him more than Hitler!! Surprised by Crwho, how long ball and dirty they were - although i don't know why cos they usually are like that - spose the propaganda bulls##t they push out must get in to your brain!! Just need HIM to sell up and p##s off now. ST sales soar - get Askey and the better players tied down and rebuild - for the first time in ages I feel quite confident about the future now. Not long ago I didn't think we had a future. UTV.

Sounds like you're really enjoying the wine! :smile:

I didn't realise it at the time due to the speed of the game and players blocking my view, thinking it was a misshit clearance, but the through ball to Conlon for the 1 on 1 at the near post in the first half was a flicked back heel from Oyeleke. Genius.

Just got in.

Thought we were great today. Again. Askey has to be manager next season completely transformed this team and is exactly would I thought he would be. Always wanted him as manager and was disappointed after the first few games where he wasn’t implementing his style. Anyway great today should have won by 4/5 if not for their keeper. Worrall was class again. Hes an excellent player at this level. Class finish by pope for the goal. Onwards an upwards

I was concerned today when Joyce wasn't available. He was doing all the passing at Northampton the week before. I don't like Kay in that position. But he does bring solidity particularly when the ball arrives in the air down the middle of the pitch or on the edge of the box. I thought Askey did well to change the emphasis of the team with mobility down the flanks. We were much better than Crewe today as the stats show - they may have got lucky with our misses and then their close call before half time. But we look a good side at this level now. Clarke at right back was loose with passing first half and bobbling affected Brown kicks, but other than that .... never looked in trouble.

Not sure what he Mattel was on about us playing hoof ball. We played football they played - like a very bad team. We won. Did the double. So go away you rather nasty fellow.

He does have a fair point that their keeper was outstanding, which in of itself tells you a lot. Not sure Brown got his gloves dirty.

The Fartell interview which I was looking forward to:

I think I'm correct in saying that Crwho have not played in front of more than 3900 Crwho supporters this season. Also, they've been comfortable mid table all season with no chance of the play offs and no danger of relegation. So, for a League Two fixture (with a crowd of nearly 7000 and given it's geographically local) this was probably their second biggest game of the season.

Their biggest (home) game of the season was against us and, obviously, Leon killed them. (and got away with it!)

We've had a poor season but happily have beaten Sjoke and Crwho quite easily.

Archived