onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Relegation or Smurf

smokin_ape

Advert

If they can buy the club outright, lock stock, then fantastic.

They can’t. They won’t and it will obviously take more than that to oust Smurfwaite.

What are you basing that view on? Why can't they? Their proposed bid makes sense financially as it keeps more money available for the club...you'd surely want that wouldn't you, as a Vale fan.

I've seen a lot of criticism of Synectics along these lines, as though the only option is a rich individual to bankroll us. Apparently that's what Norman is, doesn't always work that way.

I'd much prefer a growing successful business takeover that is used to employing people and dealing with a wide variety of customers.

Besides, how can anyone judge them negatively, for not paying in one go, 4 times the actual value of the club?

Simple question:

Smurf stays as owner and we start next season in League 2.

A.N.Other as owner and we start next season in the Conference.

If it was Synectics I'd go with relegation.

The other two scenarios are;

Smurthwaite stays as owner and Vale start next season in the Conference (national Lge) if that happens the season after Vale will be starting in the National League North.

A.N.Other as owner and Vale start next season in Lge 2. If AN Other is Synectics (I have no idea of the funds available at Synectics) at least the club will have a fighting chance.

No use having a chairman who is reputedly worth 130m who pockets the club's income, won't invest in the team and thinks he's Pep Guardiola.

Why do people think Smurthwaite has money? He doesn’t. That’s why he’s bleeding Vale dry.

What happened was Smurthwaite took over Vale not knowing about football, hence his comment that he had enough to find us into the Championship but no further. Smurthwaite then realised how much it potentially cost to build a Lg1 promotion team and put the brakes on. He then built a cheap Bruno team and has been bleeding money out of the club ever since.

There isn’t a cat in hells chance that Smurthwaite is worth 130m. He had to sell Grant & Alnwick to upgrade from a ******* Polo for gods sake. The mans a fraud through and through.

Go down and its the end. We have to start next season in league 2 if it's under Smurf then so be it and go from there he may be gone by Xmas.

I’d like him to have left the club within the next 24 hours

I think it's a fair debate. There are different scenarios to going down. Doesn't have to be a death sentence. I work with a tranmere season ticket holder. Obviously it's no tea party but that was a club on it's arse when they went.

They changed owner, palios bought them and gave them a good budget for three years to get back up. If they hadn't won the playoff final last year, palios made it clear that the budget would have to come down this year.

Look at them now. Rejuvenated and the fans are loving it.

Obviously there's the other, Torquay style scenario. It's all ownership dependant. I'd be fairly certain of oblivion under fatty but there'd be hope otherwise.

Im fairly certain of oblivion whatever league we're in with fatty anyway.

Smurthwaite is just a greedy bar steward milking the club to use it as his personal piggy bank.

He has taken about 2 million out of the club this season and spent sweet f all on the team.

He is signing cheap young kids to play next season which is obviously the way he intends to run the club.

Why would he sell as long as he can keep taking money out and putting nothing in.

He thinks he is a clever business man but has been lucky with the cup run and the Hugill money falling into his lap.

He is actually a clueless idiot with no love of the Vale and gets his enjoyment from pi@@ing off the fans with his bizarre ideas and Personal naivety of how to run a football club.

His ghost companies where he is sole director with no turnover allow him to move his money around.

With all the national publicity he has attracted he will find himself under the microscope when he has to publish his accounts at the end of the month.

I am certain he will go very soon because of all this negative publicity but only if we put as much pressure on him to go and maintain it.

At least with Synectics you have honest local people who have the club at heart and although they may have to build up gradually to improve the club are much better than a lying dictator who only spends what he has to.

I just hope he isn’t allowed to get any more money for the club by playing his silly games of pretend dubious buyers from China who have offered him less than Synectics .

Archived