onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

To provide a little balance - The budget

Robbie Earle's Perm

I’m no fan of the owner either bud so you can correct your post. Just because I don’t want to hate everything like you and a few others doesn’t mean I support him.

To be clear yet again and for the final time I ONLY support Port Vale, players come and go, CEO’s come and go and owners come and go but I love and support the name and the strip and the players that sometimes bother to try and entertain. It’s sad in this day and age people have to hate something they don’t fully understand as I’d love to see some run a lower league football club, lose a personal fortune and be abused for doing so.

The facts are out there now about the budget so the rumours in that area can stop. Hopefully in the summer he will finally get a managerial appointment right if he stays and we can all look forwards and you can put down your pitchfork.

Just read Mellor,s post again.

How you can say he is balanced and provides a reasonable budget I don’t know.

Advert

We're told on here daily that Smurf is milking the club dry. How can it be true that he doesn't care about the club and is only in it for every penny he can get his hands on at the same time as us having a total budget that is within the top 10?

One question about the budget is how much has it increased in the last two years? I suspect the answer to that is it hasn't. Happy to be proved wrong though.

During that time the club has made something close to £2.5 million in income that wasn't budgetted for. This via transfer fees for first teamers and young lads, the Hugill sell on clause (a third of which is still to be paid I believe), television fees and prize money (Checkatrade). How much of that has been reinvested?

I wonder why we have to keep going for the cheaper unproven options rather than the better players that everyone keeps saying we need. Could it because one particular person has made the club so toxic and ruined our reputation to the extent that no self respecting player would want anything to do with us in case the chairman decides to force them out of the club, attempt to renegotiate the contract when they're about to put pen to paper or inform the press that our fans are racist thugs?

One question about the budget is how much has it increased in the last two years? I suspect the answer to that is it hasn't. Happy to be proved wrong though.

During that time the club has made something close to £2.5 million in income that wasn't budgetted for. This via transfer fees for first teamers and young lads, the Hugill sell on clause (a third of which is still to be paid I believe), television fees and prize money (Checkatrade). How much of that has been reinvested?

Exactly right... the media are saying how Newport’s cup run windfall of £1m will transform their club. We have made more than double that!

Where is the money?!

Norman has a choice with every pound he makes via the club now. a) reinvest in the team to improve the club and get back to where we belong, or b) pay down his loans so he doesn’t lose on this deal.

I’m ok with a balance of those two things... but Smurthwaite has had to make that decision over two and a half million times... and by my reckoning only 50,000 to 100,000 times did he invest in the team. The other 2,400,000 he chose his own agenda.

Balance that.

He wasn’t on a pittance at Rochdale so why would he give up a cushy number to come to Vale?

Unless he was silly enough to listen to Poppa Smurfs fairy stories.

How do you know he isn’t?

Higher wage I’m sure but also potentially more convenient geographically?

One thing is for sure he needs to start earning his salary, as do the majority of the players, anything less than a 10th placed finish and the players and management have failed this season.

Higher wage I’m sure but also potentially more convenient geographically?

One thing is for sure he needs to start earning his salary, as do the majority of the players, anything less than a 10th placed finish and the players and management have failed this season.

And it will have been somebody else’s fault again.

But give Norm another chance, he might have learned his lesson this time.

2 things.

1 it's difficult to ascertain the truth when there is little evidence to support a statement. Someone selecting numbers from an unidentifiable list with no corresponding identifiers is not the best way to judge accuracy or specifity.

2 we are again concentrating on the amount spent (supposedly) not on the value of what we have purchased.

If you reach for an apple hanging on a branch but you can't reach it the chances are that if it's not to high you will jump for it..... once... twice... maybe three times if you think you got close to it... continuing to jump would bring someone's sanity and motives into question.

If you reach for an apple hanging on a branch but you can't reach it the chances are that if it's not to high you will jump for it..... once... twice... maybe three times if you think you got close to it... continuing to jump would bring someone's sanity and motives into question.

How's things at Wernham Hogg?

We don’t have any choice until he decides he wants to sell and someone meets his valuation. What people don’t seem to fathom is that as it stands it’s currently a sellers market.

We also give crap players and crap managers chance after chance in the hope they might perform, at least the owner provides some form of ‘entertainment’ 😂

Are you taking the **** out of our forwards ‘chasing’ lost causes with that analogy? 😉

Archived