onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

To provide a little balance - The budget

Robbie Earle's Perm

Top 10 budget confirmed for the league so hardly doing things on the cheap;

https://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/port-vale-playing-budget-garlick-2512993

Might not suit everyone’s views and agendas but it’s clear from this it’s the players and management this season that have significantly underperformed.

(That said Garlick calls Askey a young man so is he really great with numbers? 😂)

Advert

A smurf defending thread in all but title.

If we’ve got a top ten budget (we have no proof of that) and we’ve spent the majority of it on taking a gamble on non-league players and loans then has this big budget been wasted?

Dodds

Quigley

Kanu

Hardcastle

Vassell

Whitfield

Miller

Daniels

Joyce

Conlon

None of them have pulled up any trees. Brown and Clark are probably the obvious exceptions. Manny in glimpses. Maybe Rawlinson and Legge possibly. But it’s been left to players already here to be the most consistent IMO when they’ve played, Hannant, Smith, Kay, Gibbons and Pope to a degree too.

“It’s clear the management and players are underperforming” and in other news water is wet. But I’d lay the majority of that at the managers and the chairman’s feet for not getting the right players in, not willing to spend it in the right areas on proven players and also not keeping a settled side and playing horrendously negative football. So in a nutshell this supposed top ten budget has been wasted.

I'd be interested to know how this came to print. It's unlikely The Sentinel raised the subject as a stand-alone story, unless they've got time on their hands.

I'm not necessarily skeptical about it, but it could appear to the lay person as an attempt to diffuse unrest and to put the blame for the club's league position at the ex-manager's door.

It’s obvious we have a decent budget. It’s also obvious that once again it’s been wasted. I said in the summer the likes of brown oleyeke miller and Legge aren’t here on the cheap but there we go. Think of the amount of players we’ve signed yet again of course the budget would be at least mid table. That isn’t the issue no matter how much some like to think it is. This issue is once again it’s been wasted.

So say it's true and we have a top ten budget. We are in League 2 for crying out loud. Nothing exactly to be proud of.

Smurthwaite said on Twitter when Bruno was appointed that he would get a Budget of £2.5mil.

Then during a live interview on Radio Stoke last Year he said Brown had, had a budget of £300k more than Bruno. So your telling me Brown had a £2.8mil Budget in L2. That's all straight from the man himself.

Recently I believe he's said Aspin had even more than Brown. So again your telling me Aspin had nearly a £3mil budget this Season.

Again they are all words that have come from Smurthwaite.

And some people still support the bloke.

Unbelievable

Archived