who cares if he stays or goes

Cares: me

Doesn’t care: you

The bit I don’t understand is why... you must genuinely think he:

a) cares enough to turn it around

b) has the ability to turn it around

c) will invest windfalls appropriately to turn it around

And least likely of all

d) won’t make another monumental f*ck up of a decision that ruins it all over again.

If you do belive all 4 of those then I will drink what you are drinking, because history is not on your side when it comes to a track record!

Advert

I’m not much of a fan either to be honest!

Always nice to have someone else to blame other than your lord and master hey 😂😂😂

Smurthwaite could be found with a dead body in a locked room with a smoking gun and REP would find someone else to blame

You state you were not a fan of Page

You state you were not a fan of Brown

You state you were not a fan of Aspin

You State you are not a fan of Askey

You state you are not a fan of Garlick

BUT

You refuse to state you don’t think Smurthwaite is right for the club and have a go at anyone who does!

You are a funny chap REP

Always nice to have someone else to blame other than your lord and master hey 😂😂😂

Smurthwaite could be found with a dead body in a locked room with a smoking gun and REP would find someone else to blame

You state you were not a fan of Page

You state you were not a fan of Brown

You state you were not a fan of Aspin

You State you are not a fan of Askey

You state you are not a fan of Garlick

BUT

You refuse to state you don’t think Smurthwaite is right for the club and have a go at anyone who does!

You are a funny chap REP

I’m no fan of the owner either bud so you can correct your post. Just because I don’t want to hate everything like you and a few others doesn’t mean I support him.

To be clear yet again and for the final time I ONLY support Port Vale, players come and go, CEO’s come and go and owners come and go but I love and support the name and the strip and the players that sometimes bother to try and entertain. It’s sad in this day and age people have to hate something they don’t fully understand as I’d love to see some run a lower league football club, lose a personal fortune and be abused for doing so.

The facts are out there now about the budget so the rumours in that area can stop. Hopefully in the summer he will finally get a managerial appointment right if he stays and we can all look forwards and you can put down your pitchfork.

For a while now we have gone for quantity over quality. We have signed lots of players in the hope some will come off. We did it last week on deadline day, when we committed to paying for 6 players on loan when we can only name 5 in the match day squad. I,like many others, believe that the squad this year is a lot better than last year. We have uonderperformed, especially at home. I have, again like others, been frustrated at how we have set up at home, and how we have often named 5 central defenders in our starting 11. I think those are the reasons why we are where we are in the table. Players and management have not performed to their full potential. It is Colin ASkey's job to turn that round, and we should support him. Neil Aspin kept us up last time, just, and he has my thanks and appreication for that.

If Colin Garlick tells me that the budget is the tenth biggest in the league, I have no reason to doubt that. Budgets are not everything. Apparently if Tottenham doubled the pay of every one of their players, then recruited 5 more on £100K a week, their budget would equal that of Man City. What a crazy stat that is.

I have been as critical of Mr Smurthwaite as anyone (without the abuse) but the tenth biggest budget is not a bad effort. Also it looks like Neil Aspin was trying to get away for quite some time, so I understand why Mr Smurthwaite did not shell out the £400K at that time. However, how all that was managed, when allied to the ridiculous deadline transfers, was very poor indeed. As many of the other decisions of our owner have been almost impossible to understand,

However, this thread, quite rightly, seeks to provide some balance. I hope that in future players will not be ostracised (like Barnett, Davis, Turner and to a lesser extent Gibbons, Whitfield, Worrall). The appointment of a new manager gives everyone a clean sheet.

For a while now we have gone for quantity over quality. We have signed lots of players in the hope some will come off. We did it last week on deadline day, when we committed to paying for 6 players on loan when we can only name 5 in the match day squad. I,like many others, believe that the squad this year is a lot better than last year. We have uonderperformed, especially at home. I have, again like others, been frustrated at how we have set up at home, and how we have often named 5 central defenders in our starting 11. I think those are the reasons why we are where we are in the table. Players and management have not performed to their full potential. It is Colin ASkey's job to turn that round, and we should support him. Neil Aspin kept us up last time, just, and he has my thanks and appreication for that.

If Colin Garlick tells me that the budget is the tenth biggest in the league, I have no reason to doubt that. Budgets are not everything. Apparently if Tottenham doubled the pay of every one of their players, then recruited 5 more on £100K a week, their budget would equal that of Man City. What a crazy stat that is.

I have been as critical of Mr Smurthwaite as anyone (without the abuse) but the tenth biggest budget is not a bad effort. Also it looks like Neil Aspin was trying to get away for quite some time, so I understand why Mr Smurthwaite did not shell out the £400K at that time. However, how all that was managed, when allied to the ridiculous deadline transfers, was very poor indeed. As many of the other decisions of our owner have been almost impossible to understand,

However, this thread, quite rightly, seeks to provide some balance. I hope that in future players will not be ostracised (like Barnett, Davis, Turner and to a lesser extent Gibbons, Whitfield, Worrall). The appointment of a new manager gives everyone a clean sheet.

Excellent post, pretty spot on for me.

So Vale have the 10th best playing budget in Lge 2 but over the last ca two years have received or about to receive a total of ca 2 million in transfer/sell on fees, so in that light the current budget is not that impressive and nothing to shout home about.

I don't expect or wish Smurf to spend all the 2 millon on the playing budget but considering it was he and he alone who screwed the club royally in the summer of 2016 I would expect him to have some conscience and commit a chunk of it (ca Half ?), over and above any projected playing budget, to rebuilding the playing fabric of the PVFC he so ably destroyed.

I very much doubt there is any absolute correlation between between playing budget and league position but there is no doubt a greater spend on the playing budget will increase the chance of success and reduce the chance of relegation from Lge 2.

NS struck gold with the sell on clause on Hugill. (Which, incidentally, Micky negotiated after Preston refused to deal with NS).

Now NS thinks it's that easy and is signing the likes of Whitfield and others with promise regardless of the managers opinion (specifically Aspo).

That is the reason for Aspo's apparent stubbornness in team selections with certain players.

We have a big squad of quantity not quality which is down to NS and his haphazard recruitment of players. This will continue while he is the owner. Enough is enough. Get out of our club.

I’m no fan of the owner either bud so you can correct your post. Just because I don’t want to hate everything like you and a few others doesn’t mean I support him.

To be clear yet again and for the final time I ONLY support Port Vale, players come and go, CEO’s come and go and owners come and go but I love and support the name and the strip and the players that sometimes bother to try and entertain. It’s sad in this day and age people have to hate something they don’t fully understand as I’d love to see some run a lower league football club, lose a personal fortune and be abused for doing so.

The facts are out there now about the budget so the rumours in that area can stop. Hopefully in the summer he will finally get a managerial appointment right if he stays and we can all look forwards and you can put down your pitchfork.

All well and good... but if you love the club as much as you say (of which I have no doubt) how can you happily sit back when you know as well as I do that Norman has seriously c*cked it up. He doesn’t love it as much as you do... he doesn’t care about it as much as you do.

Yet when we have a discussion about viable alternatives you refuse to acknowledge that Smurthwaites valuation is hindering that process.

We always get into an argument about valuation. You say that he can value it as what he wants... I say he needs to value it properly:

Here is where we got to last time...

It’s actual value in your mind. It doesn’t matter what you value it at' date=' you can value your two bed terrace in bentilee at 4 million, you are only going to get that if someone else agrees to pay it. If he doesn’t want to sell he doesn’t have to, if he does he will sell it for what he can get, please for the love of god don’t tell me you wouldn’t get as much for your assets as you could..[/quote']

I think that’s my point.

He is valuing his 2 bed terrace in bentilee at £4m.

Until he values it appropriately we won’t get viable alternatives.

Thanks for arguing against your own point.

Appropriately according to you so your argument is flawed as it’s a sellers market currently.

Then you are arguing against your own point because ultimately until it becomes a buyers market or there is a viable alternative for him (it doesn’t matter if they are for us) it’s his choice like it’s your choice to demonstrate peacefully and inoffesively or not to go.

Appropriately based on standard methods of valuing a business.

Multiples of EBITDA

Asset valuations (more appropriate given our recent performance and the outlook not looking great)

Discounted cash flows.

Etc etc

The most inappropriate method of valuing a business is “what the owner wants for it”

Archived