onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

To provide a little balance - The budget

Robbie Earle's Perm

https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/league-two/attendances;jsessionid=C9F89CB540A722B6C7F311CD7E8ACCA4

10th highest budget and 10th highest average attendance.

We are 9 points and 9 places away from 10th-place so under-performing slightly. Still waiting for Smurthwaite to take us back to League One as he promised. A mid-table budget doesn't sound like he's too bothered about keeping that promise.

Advert

This seems to happen every year, it's like those managers spend the budget but without recruiting all positions.

Didn't Page spend the budget but without signing any strikers?

And last summer Aspin started the season without any natural left backs.

I hope Askey has some common sense about him I really do.

Surely creating a squad is as simple as having 2 players for each position then some youth/chancers to bulk out in case of injuries and suspensions?

Why do we always get it so wrong?

Bet the previous managers know why we get it so wrong...

What was aspins directive ..sign mainly u21/3 and non league

Also we sign players who are left over at the end of transfer windows cause they are cheaper why have 1 when u can have 2 at half the rate even if the manager doesnt want them.

Mr Blobby trying to persuade the supporters not to be nasty to him.

He is a sensitive soul and will miss out out on the hospitality each week if we make life difficult for him by shouting naughty things about him.

He won’t be able to impress his 10 disciples on match days.

Just a damage limitation exercise by His puppet Garlick to blind us with science using smoke and mirrors.

Lets have 6 less players but have a 20 goal striker to play alongside Popey. So what if it costs serious money , probably only the same overall budget but use the salaries of the 6 bodies we have moved on. For the last 3 seasons we have seen where a squad of 30 + players has got us, 3 relegation battles. How stupid do we have to be not to see this , hopefully it wont take 4 seasons for the penny to drop.

How unlucky must Sex Man have been to employ three or four managers who all make exactly the same mistake? Especially the later ones who knew it was the downfall of their predecessor?

He isn’t unlucky, managerial appointments have been sex mans biggest failure as I’ve consistent said, and it appears we are about to do it for a fifth time (hopefully this one will be the exception).

The explanation as to why inexperienced managers do it is clear, they are unsure of themselves so take on as many options as possible, even weird agent supplied ones etc. Look at Page spending his budget without enough striking options then being bailed out. It’s no surprise that he and Aspin were defenders and built boring defensive sides and styles of football. Even Brown and Bruno were midfielders although Bruno had a little flair when playing and tried to play the right way. Hopefully Askey will be offensively / entertainment minded.

No chance Micky or any other successful experienced manager would take quantity over quality orbhavibg people interfering.

This seems to happen every year, it's like those managers spend the budget but without recruiting all positions.

Didn't Page spend the budget but without signing any strikers?

And last summer Aspin started the season without any natural left backs.

I hope Askey has some common sense about him I really do.

Surely creating a squad is as simple as having 2 players for each position then some youth/chancers to bulk out in case of injuries and suspensions?

Why do we always get it so wrong?

Agreed.

Last Thursday's deadline day business was a microcosm of our recruitment policy over the last few years.

We bent over backwards to sign the three kids (including the one we loaned straight back to Leek Town) but we dragged our heels over the experienced striker we actually needed. It was almost as if we didn't actually want to get the Richards deal over the line.

Still, the owner can't be blamed. Maybe we should blame the, er, manager at the time.

As stated,Carlisle and Crawley are behind us in terms of budgets but it doesn't alter the fact that those who spend big usually finish higher in the league than those who don't.That's why Lincoln,Mansfield and Bury are currently the top three teams and those with the tenth highest budget will finish mid-table (hopefully)?

Last Thursday's deadline day business was a microcosm of our recruitment policy over the last few years.

We bent over backwards to sign the three kids (including the one we loaned straight back to Leek Town) but we dragged our heels over the experienced striker we actually needed. It was almost as if we didn't actually want to get the Richards deal over the line.

Still, the owner can't be blamed, eh REP? Maybe we should blame the, er, manager at the time.

The owner is responsible ultimately mate because as I’ve said many, many, many times his biggest failing is the crap he’s appointed to the managers chair.

The deals we did would have been easy and he relied on Sproson a lot I know but despite the money he was prepared to pay we couldn’t get in a striker and sadly Richards was a second thought, I along with many more would have loved a decent striker as we don’t have one, especially Rico.

At least the owner is prepared to back the manager with transfer signings like Miller who he coveted for a while so hopefully that will continue for as long as he is owner.

The budget and crowd size is reflective of the size of the club currently so at least it dispels the myths that the owner is only taking out and running the club on a shoe string.

The owner is responsible ultimately mate because as I’ve said many, many, many times his biggest failing is the crap he’s appointed to the managers chair.

The deals we did would have been easy and he relied on Sproson a lot I know but despite the money he was prepared to pay we couldn’t get in a striker and sadly Richards was a second thought, I along with many more would have loved a decent striker as we don’t have one, especially Rico.

At least the owner is prepared to back the manager with transfer signings like Miller who he coveted for a while so hopefully that will continue for as long as he is owner.

The budget and crowd size is reflective of the size of the club currently so at least it dispels the myths that the owner is only taking out and running the club on a shoe string.

So the owner is responsible for always recruiting cheap inexperienced managers, and yet you think it's each of the 4 different managers that have been responsible for having cheap inexperienced squads?

That's ultimately the only thing he has to get right. A decent manager and PVFC would be self financing, hence why the administrators ran it at a profit when we were winning games under Adams.

If Garlick isn't telling the truth then the club is an utter shambles.

If Garlick is telling the truth then the club is an utter shambles.

It says a lot that Garlick is the one being trotted out to do this sort of press. He's obviously been thrown back into the firing line and Smurthwaite has gone to ground again.

Instead of going for experience and quality ,AGAIN hes spent the budget on cheap and quantity in the hope of finnding another Hugill. No quality wingers, no quality strikers ( excluding Popey of course) no paying afee for any quality player , and the budget is spent. January transfer window again , 400k to spend . Expecting some qulity striker with that kind of money available .NO cocks up a loan deal for Rico. ALWAYS goes for cheap option . 10th biggest budget my ar5e.

Archived