onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

To provide a little balance - The budget

Robbie Earle's Perm

Advert

I’m no fan of the owner either bud so you can correct your post. Just because I don’t want to hate everything like you and a few others doesn’t mean I support him.

To be clear yet again and for the final time I ONLY support Port Vale, players come and go, CEO’s come and go and owners come and go but I love and support the name and the strip and the players that sometimes bother to try and entertain. It’s sad in this day and age people have to hate something they don’t fully understand as I’d love to see some run a lower league football club, lose a personal fortune and be abused for doing so.

The facts are out there now about the budget so the rumours in that area can stop. Hopefully in the summer he will finally get a managerial appointment right if he stays and we can all look forwards and you can put down your pitchfork.

The facts are now out there, so the rumours can be put to bed? REP, by coming out with such drivel, you're clearly on a wind up, otherwise, the arrogance shows an extreme level of delusion.

I know you're struggling with basic comprehension, but I'll try to make it as basic as I possibly can for you...again.

The overall budget has never been disputed.

The wage structure (STRUCTURE) is what has led to the last 4 managers all having large squads with little quality. THAT is why he is rightly regarded as cheap. He refuses to pay the going rate, for the quality we need in the most important positions. Manager, you admit, cheap. Goalscorers cost money, we always lack goals, we always miss our targets, why? Because he's cheap.

If you're a genuine Vale fan, and not a fan of Smurthwaite, then there's no way you'd be on here defending him. You're a WUM, it's blatantly obvious, and there should be no place for you on this forum. Astounded that you've been allowed back on to continue patronising and winding people up that have legitimate concerns about the future of the club we love. If you are a vale fan, you should be ashamed of yourself.

V2001’s attitude all over that guff in your post FST. ‘I’m a better vale fan than you’ which absolutely stinks. ‘Think my way or you are no vale fan’. You’d love Animal Farm - all vale fans are equal but some are more equal than others or so it seems. It’s a terrible attitude for you to have.

Ignore any balance in an argument and just attack for attaching sake. You choose to hate the owner, I have no strong feelings either way but of course you’ve made up your mind because it’s completely closed.

Sad but your choice.

V2001’s attitude all over that guff in your post FST. ‘I’m a better vale fan than you’ which absolutely stinks. ‘Think my way or you are no vale fan’. You’d love Animal Farm - all vale fans are equal but some are more equal than others or so it seems. It’s a terrible attitude for you to have.

Ignore any balance in an argument and just attack for attaching sake. You choose to hate the owner, I have no strong feelings either way but of course you’ve made up your mind because it’s completely closed.

Sad but your choice.

You kid yourself that you offer balance. Maybe if you say it often enough one day it will come true.

I hate anyone that damages the club I love. V2001 did that, I hate those that were part of destroying the club. I hate Smurthwaite based on his actions. It's not an irrational hatred, it's perfectly reasonable.

In your case, I never said I'm a better fan than you, the club needs as many as we can get. My opinion of you is that you're a WUM. You're not offering any kind of value to a debate that will bring people to a consensus for the betterment of Port Vale, you're on here being an arse. Winding decent Vale fans up with baseless nonsense.

The irony is that you say my mind is closed, and yet it's you that refuses to accept the blatantly obvious. What are your thoughts on Mellors thread? Open your mind to the option that those of us that criticise Smurthwaite, do so with complete justification. Read his post, as a Vale fan, and tell me that he's got it wrong.

IGNORE HIM!

The guy's nothing more than a troll who got one of his titchy hard-ons by starting yet another thread aimed at winding people up. Your response only encourages him. He'll never change his mind as his only purpose on here is to antagonise. Just put him on ignore and relax in the knowledge that he's had a miserable year and your lack of response might just encourage him to do one.

IGNORE HIM!

The guy's nothing more than a troll who got one of his titchy hard-ons by starting yet another thread aimed at winding people up. Your response only encourages him. He'll never change his mind as his only purpose on here is to antagonise. Just put him on ignore and relax in the knowledge that he's had a miserable year and your lack of response might just encourage him to do one.

You're right. Done.

All well and good... but if you love the club as much as you say (of which I have no doubt) how can you happily sit back when you know as well as I do that Norman has seriously c*cked it up. He doesn’t love it as much as you do... he doesn’t care about it as much as you do.

Yet when we have a discussion about viable alternatives you refuse to acknowledge that Smurthwaites valuation is hindering that process.

We always get into an argument about valuation. You say that he can value it as what he wants... I say he needs to value it properly:

Here is where we got to last time...

As Mr Hobblesworth says...IGNORE HIM.

The facts are now out there, so the rumours can be put to bed? REP, by coming out with such drivel, you're clearly on a wind up, otherwise, the arrogance shows an extreme level of delusion.

I know you're struggling with basic comprehension, but I'll try to make it as basic as I possibly can for you...again.

The overall budget has never been disputed.

The wage structure (STRUCTURE) is what has led to the last 4 managers all having large squads with little quality. THAT is why he is rightly regarded as cheap. He refuses to pay the going rate, for the quality we need in the most important positions. Manager, you admit, cheap. Goalscorers cost money, we always lack goals, we always miss our targets, why? Because he's cheap.

If you're a genuine Vale fan, and not a fan of Smurthwaite, then there's no way you'd be on here defending him. You're a WUM, it's blatantly obvious, and there should be no place for you on this forum. Astounded that you've been allowed back on to continue patronising and winding people up that have legitimate concerns about the future of the club we love. If you are a vale fan, you should be ashamed of yourself.

We're told on here daily that Smurf is milking the club dry. How can it be true that he doesn't care about the club and is only in it for every penny he can get his hands on at the same time as us having a total budget that is within the top 10?

We are constantly told there is a lack of investment, but going off your comments in this thread you seem to accept that there is investment there, maybe even one that should have us in a playoff race this season and that the main problem is the way in which we invest it?

Oh and before you start frothing at the mouth, I do agree that there is seemingly some restriction that is preventing us from signing quality players.

The greatest evidence for me is the dwindling numbers of players who are in their prime years (lets say 26-30) over the past few years. It's either 33+ year olds or 21 year olds.

Mr Blobby has past form where at the supporters meeting he said he was losing money every week and having to subsidise the club with his loans.

If so why is he still there if he isn’t milking the club and taking out whatever he can without drawing attention to himself.

Any clever business man would have cut his losses and sold for whatever he could get while the club was in free fall.

Unfortunately he managed to get his grubby hands on the Hugill money which he has pocketed along with the money from the cup runs.He can then blame Aspin for jumping ship as an excuse for not spending the 400k in the January window.Notts County have spent loads of money but are in a worse position than Vale so money isn’t just the answer.The budget has been squandered by poor managers who were more worried about losing than trying to win games.

He has invested as little as possible while taking out as much as possible and has no interest in Port Vale by treating it as a cash cow.

Last Thursday's deadline day business was a microcosm of our recruitment policy over the last few years.

We bent over backwards to sign the three kids (including the one we loaned straight back to Leek Town) but we dragged our heels over the experienced striker we actually needed. It was almost as if we didn't actually want to get the Richards deal over the line.

Still, the owner can't be blamed. Maybe we should blame the, er, manager at the time.

Smurf was rubbing his hands hoping for another windfall from any clubs desperate enough to sign any of our players.

He wasn’t really interested in signing Rico and hoped no one would find out that he had ballsed up again.

With modern technology of emails and texts there should have been no reason why the deal should not have happened if he wanted it.

Either that or Garlick wasn’t clever enough to get the deal over the line.

Archived