onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

To provide a little balance - The budget

Robbie Earle's Perm

This is what irritates me about some of the arguments defending Smurthwaite. As Vale fans, why would anyone want a potential new owner paying out money to an individual, rather than pumping it into the club. I wish he'd sell the club for £1, however unlikely that may be. There's defending the man with valid reasons, then it comes to a point that you wonder what's in it for them, are they Vale fans? Why would any genuine Vale fan want one person to get money that could go towards the club they claim to love. When everyone agrees, even REP, that Smurthwaite is failing, why would you not care whether that failure continued owning the club or not? It seriously beggars belief.

I personally dont think REP is a WUM... I think he is a bloke that deep down knows he is in the wrong but doesn’t want to admit it after giving it the bravado he has for so long.

He reminds me of Smurthwaite to be honest... that’s probbaly why he defends him so much... sorry, I mean, “has no opinion either way”

Advert

And the award for completely missing the point once again goes to REP.

I agree he is doing nothing legally wrong... but he has put an unrealistic valuation on the club, which is prohibing viable alternatives who would never pay the over inflated price.

That means he is holding the club for either his own ego, or his own gain, whilst not having the will, or ability to improve the club... putting us in deadlock.

I don’t think that’s ok.

You on the other hand think it’s fine... despite apparently “not having strong feelings either way” 😂😂😂

That’s just it, it’s unreslistic to you because you can’t afford it. It might or might not be to others.

Let’s be honest you’ve got to be practically clinically insane to buy and fund a lower league football team. People marvel at the likes of Bournemouth but in most such cases they had money men backers. I’d much rather us be self sustainable when / if this owner does sell. He’s trying it now he says, v2001 were simply evil and let their egos and caravans get in the way, Bell probably did it best but ultimately failed. There aren’t many owners looked on fondly long term because ultimately football like life has peaks and troughs (I think we can all agree we are in a trough!).

Do I love the owner - no, do I hate him - no, do I think he’s a very naughty boy - no, do I think he’s made mistakes (like absolutely everyone does in life - yes, should he choose to sell an asset for less than he feels it’s worth - would anyone?

Ultimately I do think it’s all about his ego and not losing out in a deal and the ‘fame’ that comes with owning a pro football club.

I’ve met him twice, he was very pleasant and chatty and informative, I’ve had discussions with him on here regularly when I was trying to reason with people previously and once again he was informative but that’s as far as my communication with the owner goes. I’m a particularly tolerant person and life should be about that, not hating, life’s way, way, way too short.

Yes I dream of seeing vale back in the championship watching quality footballers of the 80s and 90s but I’m not particularly angry he’s given us a budget that should have us challenging around the play offs in any league.

I personally dont think REP is a WUM... I think he is a bloke that deep down knows he is in the wrong but doesn’t want to admit it after giving it the bravado he has for so long.

He reminds me of Smurthwaite to be honest... that’s probbaly why he defends him so much... sorry, I mean, “has no opinion either way”

But then by the same token mate we all stand by our points if we believe in them as there is no real right and wrong because it’s a debate and all about opinion. That’s why I doubt you’d ever back down. Genuinely if he stayed or sold tomorrow I couldn’t care less.

I do care about seeing my girlfriend and her son when I get home tomorrow and taking him to Cambridge Saturday in what I hope is the start of me being proved wrong about our next managerial failure! 🥺

That’s just it' date=' it’s unreslistic to you because you can’t afford it. It might or might not be to others. .[/quote']

*bangs head against a brick wall*

Jeez, I will give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you are stubborn rather than stupid.

Even if someone could afford it... it’s an unrealistic value.

If I offered to sell you a can of coke for £12m that would be unrealistic... and not just because you couldn’t afford it!!

I agree that deep down he knows he's in the wrong, lets face it it's blatantly obvious. But for me that's why I think he's a WUM. Why else would he do it?

His lack of involvement in Mellor's thread speaks volumes. I just think there's this inate urge within him, where he can see people are; frustrated, pissed off, hurting at the demise of the club they love, that can't resist just stirring them up even more.

His first post in this thread is pure BS, and the arrogant tone he adopts is intended only to annoy people. Firing back with, owd, haters gonna hate, and all that ***** is all part of it. He knows it pisses people off, so he does it more and more. It's incredibly sad, and this is the last time I'll even entertain him, because like others have rightly said, it just encourages him more.

A quote from Adam Yates about Askey in today’s Sentinel.

"Now he is coming into a club that hasn't got any money in it and he has to get the best out of what he's got.“

Smurthwaite receives £2.4m

The club hasn’t got any money

Smurthwaite has the money

I agree that deep down he knows he's in the wrong, lets face it it's blatantly obvious. But for me that's why I think he's a WUM. Why else would he do it?

His lack of involvement in Mellor's thread speaks volumes. I just think there's this inate urge within him, where he can see people are; frustrated, pissed off, hurting at the demise of the club they love, that can't resist just stirring them up even more.

His first post in this thread is pure BS, and the arrogant tone he adopts is intended only to annoy people. Firing back with, owd, haters gonna hate, and all that ***** is all part of it. He knows it pisses people off, so he does it more and more. It's incredibly sad, and this is the last time I'll even entertain him, because like others have rightly said, it just encourages him more.

I find it entertaining myself, keeps me laughing at how hard he tries.

*bangs head against a brick wall*

Jeez, I will give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you are stubborn rather than stupid.

Even if someone could afford it... it’s an unrealistic value.

If I offered to sell you a can of coke for £12m that would be unrealistic... and not just because you couldn’t afford it!!

What I’m saying is it’s unrealstic to you, it is to me but it’s not to those that can afford it and see value in it.

Realistic and viable are two separate words, there’s no point really saying something is viable until it’s there on the table and can be assessed. Look at Mo Chaudry last time for example, seemed a great and viable option to oust the scum in the boardroom. Stupidly he then tried to be cheap at the last minute when he had the chance and then wasn’t a viable option when the club went into admin. It’s only viable if we see the colour of someone’s money they will invest and their long term sustainable business plan.

A quote from Adam Yates about Askey in today’s Sentinel.

"Now he is coming into a club that hasn't got any money in it and he has to get the best out of what he's got.“

Smurthwaite receives £2.4m

The club hasn’t got any money

Smurthwaite has the money

What does Yates know, he’s in the community scheme isn’t he? Does he see club budgets or is it just a throw away comment?

What does Yates know' date=' he’s in the community scheme isn’t he? Does he see club budgets or is it just a throw away comment?[/quote']

Hardly the words of someone who doesn’t have strong feelings either way 😂😂😂

REP, Smurthwaites attack dog!

What I’m saying is it’s unrealstic to you' date=' it is to me but it’s not to those that can afford it and see value in it.[/quote']

Someone who can afford it would not pay smurthwaites valuation... because it’s more than the club worth... because it’s unrealistic.

I personally would prefer the extra cash, over and above the value of the club, to be retained by the new owner so it can be invested in the team.... rather than go into Norman’s pockets.

I once suggested to Rob that a limit should be placed on the number of posts per day a poster can post. To stop the hijacking of threads by spammers constantly spamming their pre-decided opinions and peddling their agenda to the detriment of those less spammy but more thoughtful and insightful posters.

I'd forgotten how good an idea this was until recently.

Realistic and viable are two separate words' date=' there’s no point really saying something is viable until it’s there on the table and can be assessed[/quote']

Thank you for arguing my point for me again... we won’t get something on the table that can be assessed until a realistic valuation is placed on the club.

Therefore Smurthwaites valuation is hindering the club from knowing what’s out there and viable or not.

I’m not going round and round on this. You clearly can’t see what you are saying is daft. It’s not my job to educate you.

I will leave you in your own little world.

In my experience... his valuation is wrong, inappropriate and stopping people from being interested and coming forward with viable options.

You can have your own opinions.

Thank you for arguing my point for me again... we won’t get something on the table that can be assessed until a realistic valuation is placed on the club.

Therefore Smurthwaites valuation is hindering the club from knowing what’s out there and viable or not.

I’m not going round and round on this. You clearly can’t see what you are saying is daft. It’s not my job to educate you.

I will leave you in your own little world.

In my experience... his valuation is wrong, inappropriate and stopping people from being interested and coming forward with viable options.

You can have your own opinions.

Again viable has to be vialble to both buyer and seller, not you or I.

Your point is not necessarily true is it, when v2001 were in charge we learned of the plans of Mike Newton and Mo Chaudry so we could see if bids are viable for the long term and therefore there was no hinderence, we live in an open democratic world. That being said both eventually fell by the way side for different reasons.

In my opinion things are no where near as bad as they were under vile scum that was v2001, wolves in sheep’s clothing lead by that scum Bratt, Oliver, Lloyd eat al. Would they have provided a top ten budget, I doubt it? What they did get right was Micky though and he saved them more than once. That’s what the current owner needs to recognise instead of constantly appointing inexperienced chancers when it comes to league football.

Archived