onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Would Vale get more from Norman by making some sort of peace?

phizz

Re Chamberlain... that's not what he said.

Re Smurf..... the only way to get him to do what most want is to hit him where it hurts most... sadly this also hurts the club.

Shouting at him during the match.... or pre match then paying to enter won't do a damn thing, he already has your money or he will get it. Once he has it there doesn't have to be change.

So you are saying that we all ought to simply stop going? Even those that have season tickets? You say this will harm the club. He knows that the majority of Valiants want the Club to survive without him so what do you advocate that we can do then to remove him but still save the Club? That is the million dollar question that none of us appear to be able to solve. In the meantime do we protesters do exactly nowt, like those on here who seemingly are wanting him out BUT don't want to protest or indeed come up with any ideas themselves of moving on?

We are so in a catch 22 situation.

Advert

It’s actual value in your mind. It doesn’t matter what you value it at' date=' you can value your two bed terrace in bentilee at 4 million, you are only going to get that if someone else agrees to pay it. If he doesn’t want to sell he doesn’t have to, if he does he will sell it for what he can get, please for the love of god don’t tell me you wouldn’t get as much for your assets as you could..[/quote']

I think that’s my point.

He is valuing his 2 bed terrace in bentilee at £4m.

Until he values it appropriately we won’t get viable alternatives.

Thanks for arguing against your own point.

I think that’s my point.

He is valuing his 2 bed terrace in bentilee at £4m.

Until he values it appropriately we won’t get viable alternatives.

Appropriately according to you so your argument is flawed as it’s a sellers market currently.

Then you are arguing against your own point because ultimately until it becomes a buyers market or there is a viable alternative for him (it doesn’t matter if they are for us) it’s his choice like it’s your choice to demonstrate peacefully and inoffesively or not to go.

Appropriately according to you so your argument is flawed as it’s a sellers market currently.

Appropriately based on standard methods of valuing a business.

Multiples of EBITDA

Asset valuations (more appropriate given our recent performance and the outlook not looking great)

Discounted cash flows.

Etc etc

The most inappropriate method of valuing a business is “what the owner wants for it”

If he has to put as much of his own money into the club as he claims,

the idea of him hanging on and not cutting his losses doesn't pass a sense check. After all, it's not as though there's another Jordan Hugill in the pipeline worth waiting for.

I would have to guess that the club still has some sort of value, or purpose, for him.

Starve him of the publicity he craves when he attends Vale matches.

He is already rattled by the protest organised by the supporters club.

It won’t be easy and will it get through his thick skull that he is not wanted by the majority of supporters.

We can’t just sit around expecting him to do the decent thing and sell up for a reasonable price to someone who has Vale at heart.His pathetic threats to go crying to the police about being abused and preventing young Vale supporters hearing nasty chants about him show that he is not a happy chappy being ridiculed.

You have to ask why he is staying on as owner unless he is milking it for every penny he can before leaving.

His best chance of making any money is to sell now while he still can get anything for it.

His over my dead body approach is killing the club and will never improve it while he runs it on a shoestring.

The other question is are any genuine buyers willing to negotiate with his belligerent attitude.

On his own admission there are people out there who have been willing to pay 50k to have sole buying rights but all have failed to conclude a deal.

He deliberately includes clauses so they can’t go public about any deal to prevent criticism of his way of negotiating or publicly saying what price he would accept.I do believe Carol and Ian negotiated a deal but he threw his toys out of his prom and walked out.

Maybe he still believes in fairies and that some Chinese billionaire will come along and make him an offer he can’t refuse.

Wrong answer ernie.The correct answer is £££££

I don't want him to stay because the club is simply going backwards with him in charge. I'm surprised you find that acceptable.

I don’t find anything negative acceptable.I’ll be there next season,not sure after that but that’s nothing to do with Smurthwaite.Will you be there God willing?

Quote Originally Posted by Robbie Earle's Perm -

Can’t disagree with much if any of that, if he does appoint Askey he really has learnt nothing for the fifth time in a row.

REP- Askey now appointed.

Hahahahahaha! Brilliant.

Now there's an appointment I would imagine the pressure will come off Smurthwaite until we see how the team perform. A few bad results though and the gloves will come off.

Don't agree. The protests/anti Gorm drive has started up regardless of manager. There's no coming back from what he's done.

So you are saying that we all ought to simply stop going? Even those that have season tickets? You say this will harm the club. He knows that the majority of Valiants want the Club to survive without him so what do you advocate that we can do then to remove him but still save the Club? That is the million dollar question that none of us appear to be able to solve. In the meantime do we protesters do exactly nowt, like those on here who seemingly are wanting him out BUT don't want to protest or indeed come up with any ideas themselves of moving on?

We are so in a catch 22 situation.

Season ticket holders are somewhat irrelevant to him as they have paid.

I don't advocate anything, just suggesting an obvious means to achieve a specific goal.

There is no simple or nice solution, he owns the business and can do with it whatever he chooses. The most effective way of derailing a business is by cutting the cash flow... there are consequences and probabilities if people decide to take this action.... but the action itself is very effective.

Very much like a catch 22 as you say.

Archived