onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Would Vale get more from Norman by making some sort of peace?

phizz

Would Vale get more from Norman by making some sort of peace?

Would Norman get more from the fans by making some sort of peace? food for thought .

No food for thought at all youare right but there is no dialogue with him at the moment.

Advert

Nothing to offer then, maybe you should wright a poem

:laugh: Given you think you know me, you will also know - like many Valiants - that I'm 'emotionally attached' to Port Vale F.C (cradle to grave). Also, and again like many Valiants, have spent many thousands of the Queen's finest over the years supporting Port Vale.

I do my bit: and I still have much more to offer.

The question is: Does Norman?

Should he be gone before I cross over I sincerely hope we still have a league team to follow.

In the meantime I've given up poetry for 'Interpreting patronising comments'.

Yours in all things Port Vale,

Barry :smile:

Appeasement?

Give him what he wants so he doesn't do what you don't want him to....... that didn't turn out well for Neville Chamberlain... and he had a signed document to wave about (September 1938) .

You can't negotiate anything of lasting worth with a dictator..... there is no one to keep him in check.

Be honest and speak your mind truthfully... that's all there is

:laugh: Given you think you know me, you will also know - like many Valiants - that I'm 'emotionally attached' to Port Vale F.C (cradle to grave). Also, and again like many Valiants, have spent many thousands of the Queen's finest over the years supporting Port Vale.

I do my bit: and I still have much more to offer.

The question is: Does Norman?

Should he be gone before I cross over I sincerely hope we still have a league team to follow.

In the meantime I've given up poetry for 'Interpreting patronising comments'.

Yours in all things Port Vale,

Barry :smile:

pelf

You do more than you bit Barry.... and even if you didn't you still have the right to air your views..... within the rules of course (no smiley)

Unfortunately it appears that the WUMs are doing their best to destroy threads and they're descending into absolute nonsense from REP and Phizz. What they fail to acknowledge, is that alternatives have been suggested, protests have been organised, suggestions for how Smurthwaite could settle all of this have been put forward. Yet they come on here, label themselves as some sort of voices of reason, bemoan a lack of "viable alternatives" yet fail to see that in fact, it's them that have suggested no options for ways forward. I've asked REP a few times, he just ignores and goes back to repeating himself. He's set himself way up on some sort of pedestal, and yet the real truth is clear to everyone bar himself. He's a WUM. A sad, lonely WUM, that returns to this site not to debate, not to offer positive suggestions, and certainly not to play devils advocate...he just argues for arguings sake. He loves it. And yet he fails to realise he's making a huge *** of himself, everytime he presses post.

Surely the word banned will be appearing shortly. It's quite obvious his wumming days are not behind him. Sad.

Appeasement?

Give him what he wants so he doesn't do what you don't want him to....... that didn't turn out well for Neville Chamberlain... and he had a signed document to wave about (September 1938) .

You can't negotiate anything of lasting worth with a dictator..... there is no one to keep him in check.

Be honest and speak your mind truthfully... that's all there is

If appeasement or negotiation is not available the alternative is to TAKE POWER.Standing outside the Lorne Street shouting “Get out of our club” won’t achieve that.With V2001 there was a small chance that it could due to share ownership.Only one shareholder now.A negotiated sale at a price,not what fans think it should be,is the way forward imo.Probably more than someone is prepared to pay and probably less than the seller wants.It will be down to 2 parties eventually.We shall see who wants the club the most.

I have been known to do that from time to time.

Because someone wears a uniform doesn't mean they are intelligent, (although some are) it means they conform.

If someone knows and have qualifications in understanding and applying the law better than them fine but patronising them or indeed referees who are meticulous in their preparation and understanding of the laws to be applied and have been examined and undertake regular seminars and assessments because someone thinks they know is ignorant, arrogant and / or dim.

Unfortunately it appears that the WUMs are doing their best to destroy threads and they're descending into absolute nonsense from REP and Phizz. What they fail to acknowledge, is that alternatives have been suggested, protests have been organised, suggestions for how Smurthwaite could settle all of this have been put forward. Yet they come on here, label themselves as some sort of voices of reason, bemoan a lack of "viable alternatives" yet fail to see that in fact, it's them that have suggested no options for ways forward. I've asked REP a few times, he just ignores and goes back to repeating himself. He's set himself way up on some sort of pedestal, and yet the real truth is clear to everyone bar himself. He's a WUM. A sad, lonely WUM, that returns to this site not to debate, not to offer positive suggestions, and certainly not to play devils advocate...he just argues for arguings sake. He loves it. And yet he fails to realise he's making a huge *** of himself, everytime he presses post.

Surely the word banned will be appearing shortly. It's quite obvious his wumming days are not behind him. Sad.

Attack the post not the poster - epic fail Owd!

Glad they are just cheap empty and pathetic words being hammered from your keyboard.

You keep saying viable alternatives have been suggested, and suggestions for how Smurthwaite could settle all of this have been put forward but provide no evidence of these, talk is very, very cheap. Let’s see the colour of someone’s money or a long term sustainable business plan. Your hatred of the current owner is clouding your long term vision for the club as you can’t provide one.

Protest (law ibidingly, peacefully and inoffensively) as much as you like, we live in a democracy, that’s everyone’s right.

As an aside, I'm always very wary of the over simplified narrative regarding Chamberlain. There's an argument he was buying time.

You could argue whether Smurthwaite would have got more out of Page if he'd made peace with him rather than being a total **** to him, telling BT Sport he'd sack him live on air, giving him a public bollocking on the pitch at Exeter, and then admitting on social media he'd offered all his players rubbish money so both them and him would leave.

Does anybody really think he recruited Bruno and his merry band of amateurs because somebody was calling him unkind names?

Posted this on another thread.

Is NS as bad as everyone is making out?

He dose seem to try in his own way at times to please the fans. He seems to have enough money to not let the club fold.on the other hand he seems to make some strange decisions.Never myself took to him at the start but all the abuse he gets well is that helpful, I’m not sure it is.

Going back to the OPs Q - It is my thinking that Norman should be making peace with the fans and not the other way around. Or is this thinkin too morally wide for Aesop's Fables?

As an aside, I'm always very wary of the over simplified narrative regarding Chamberlain. There's an argument he was buying time.

You could argue whether Smurthwaite would have got more out of Page if he'd made peace with him rather than being a total **** to him, telling BT Sport he'd sack him live on air, giving him a public bollocking on the pitch at Exeter, and then admitting on social media he'd offered all his players rubbish money so both them and him would leave.

Does anybody really think he recruited Bruno and his merry band of amateurs because somebody was calling him unkind names?

Nope and this is his biggest failure - the 4 appointments of 4 poor managers who haven’t been able to motivate poor players they have brought in.

Archived