onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread - Lincoln City v Port Vale

Fosse69

Advert

I'm seeing a team that is well organised and highly professional. That, with a modest level of talent, is enough to get out of L2. However, I am also seeing a team that without additions would struggle at L1 level.

I was impressed with Lincoln when I went there last season. They are unified club - ignoring having a stewarding problem for away supporters!

They certainly aren't a Luton Town and rely on the physical rather than the technical side of the game.

I’d take a 2-0 defeat right now, that’s how bad it is.

Aspin sounded terrified at the prospect of playing Lincoln in his post-match interview yesterday and that will have further undermined the confidence of the players.

He’s nothing but stubborn is our Neil so prepare yourself for more nonsense in terms of players on Tuesday. Maybe Pugh will come back again? Maybe Manny will play left back as he did at times yesterday?

Any manager with even an ounce of brain would mix it up tomorrow - maybe play Kanu as a proper winger or play Pope slightly differently, just to mess with Lincoln’s heads. Not Neil though - from the first kick from Brown (to Pope obviously) to the last kick from Brown (to Pope) it will be depressingly familiar

Oh well

Jeez. Well I would go 4-5-1, pray they don’t score within the first five minutes and try to support Popey.

Possibly play Worrall in a three man midfield - it can’t be any worse than playing Kay or Joyce.

Brown

Gibbons Legge Smith Clark (if he’s eligible)

Whitfield Worrall Manny Hannant Montano

Pope

I honestly think some Vale fans would be unhappy if we drew or won at Lincoln. As bas as things undoubtedly are within the club, there's a really depressing pessimism among our support that really doesn't help the situation. I'd be really if the players don't sense it and probably laugh about it.

I'm seeing a team that is well organised and highly professional. That, with a modest level of talent, is enough to get out of L2. However, I am also seeing a team that without additions would struggle at L1 level.

I was impressed with Lincoln when I went there last season. They are unified club - ignoring having a stewarding problem for away supporters!

Having seen how they were nearly out of the league, business a few years ago and then a good cup run and their fans fund raising for the club, they have turned it all around. Paid their debts off and got good players in that suit their style of playing.

If - well when they go up, yes they will need to get more experienced and skilled players - which they will do no doubt. Players will want to come and play for Lincoln due to their set up. We are no where near them now. Players don't see Vale as a good option anymore. Yes we have training facilities and a big pitch, but not a lot more.

Jeez. Well I would go 4-5-1, pray they don’t score within the first five minutes and try to support Popey.

Possibly play Worrall in a three man midfield - it can’t be any worse than playing Kay or Joyce.

Brown

Gibbons Legge Smith Clark (if he’s eligible)

Whitfield Worrall Manny Hannant Montano

Pope

Not sure doing what Aspin does (with the exception of the full backs) will work

I honestly think some Vale fans would be unhappy if we drew or won at Lincoln. As bas as things undoubtedly are within the club, there's a really depressing pessimism among our support that really doesn't help the situation. I'd be really if the players don't sense it and probably laugh about it.

I’d be delighted if we get something

I think most fans would be really happy if we got even a point at Lincoln. The pessimism comes from the current performances which are absolutely dire. The players must sense the pessimism as they are partly responsible for it along with the owner and the management team, one of whom didn’t even know the name of one of the players that had been demoted to the bench yesterday. Amateurish throughout the club from top to bottom.

I think most fans would be really happy if we got even a point at Lincoln. The pessimism comes from the current performances which are absolutely dire. The players must sense the pessimism as they are partly responsible for it along with the owner and the management team, one of whom didn’t even know the name of one of the players that had been demoted to the bench yesterday. Amateurish throughout the club from top to bottom.

You can fault Smurf for many many things! But not the team selection, the dire tactics, and the players looking like they didn't give a rats a.. out on the pitch yesterday. Those are down to one man, and one man alone!

Just like you can't blame him for the club captain, who's contract he has just renewed, going ape s... on fans on twitter, calling them the worst of names, throwing the f word left, right and center, fat shaming others etc and telling them to 'stay the f... away'. He has deleted the worst of them, but you can still get the general idea.

I'm so disappointed in the way the club is going right now. I thought last season was a turning point and the worst was behind us. But going into 2019, it feels worse than ever!

'it's sad, so sad, it's a sad sad situation. And it's getting more and more absurd'.

Yes it's nothing to do with the garbage being dished out on a weekly basis. We should all be happy with what we're witnessing and you'd be really 'annoyed' if the players don't sense it and laugh about it? Can't think what else it could be.

Was fully fit and in the players lounge with all his family looking suitably cheesed off.

I thought he was ok but clearly still raw , however to go from ever present to not even in the squad is strange.

Was only missing through illness initially.

Even stranger to me is the fact in Aspins opinion he can also play full back so as a sub he covers two options.

Another strange omission to join the growing list of Lord Lucans

Archived