onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread - Lincoln City v Port Vale

Fosse69

Yes it's nothing to do with the garbage being dished out on a weekly basis. We should all be happy with what we're witnessing and you'd be really 'annoyed' if the players don't sense it and laugh about it? Can't think what else it could be.

The readiness to boo and jeer the players at the first opportunity is embarrassing. I'm as fed up as anyone with things at present but you'd be amazed how looking at things optimistically and positively can improve the feeling about the place.

Advert

The readiness to boo and jeer the players at the first opportunity is embarrassing. I'm as fed up as anyone with things at present but you'd be amazed how looking at things optimistically and positively can improve the feeling about the place.

There is an air of negativity about the place at present but this is due to the long term dross that we're being subjected to and the reluctance to change. For the most part I think that the fans have been incredibly patient, certainly around where I sit, in fact I'm probably the most negative I however don't generally boo I'm just resigned to us being rubbish and accept the crap that we're dishing out. It's a shame now mind as I'd generally get to 90% of games in a season, now I can take it or leave it, won't be going to Lincoln that's for certain.

Are our players beaten before they take to the field ?.

If so just give Lincoln the 3 points and tell theaway followerswhoare going not to bother .

I know over the years the football on the pitch has been abject but if every player fights harder then respect would be reinstated .

A ten goal swing from Oldham losing 6-0 to beating us 4-1 tells you all we need know about the mentality amongst the squad .

85 out of 92 league clubs so only 7 have performed worse over the year .

Wheres the pride in been hurt by that .

Well 15.00 on Jan 1st we will see how hurt they are .

2 home defeats over xmas against 2 generally bottom 6 sides ,it certainly doesnt look good for the faithful and i bet Aspo is hurting .

He like the majority of the faithful will be hurting ,i wonder if the players are or is itjust a wage to them .

Vale fans deserve better thats for sure

Lincoln are the polar opposite to us, on and off the pitch. They have a great management team who the players clearly trust and believe in, and while yes they can be direct, they can also play decent football. It appears the board fully support the manager, and in turn the fans(1000's of them)fully support the board and the manager.....what would we give for that?

Though it is a 'funny old game' even with the most optimistic head you can only see there being one result, to me, a 0-2 defeat.

I honestly think some Vale fans would be unhappy if we drew or won at Lincoln. As bas as things undoubtedly are within the club, there's a really depressing pessimism among our support that really doesn't help the situation. I'd be really if the players don't sense it and probably laugh about it.

Would be over the moon if we won or even drew the match. Just for some bragging rights in the office with the Lincoln fans. However, unless the players find a load of confidence and understand the tactics being asked of them just don't see a win or a draw. But footy is a strange thing and being a Vale fan is full of ups and mostly downs at the moment.

No doubt Aspin's strategy for free-scoring Lincoln vs free-conceding Vale will be to play even more defensively to stop them scoring.

The season we went up with Micky Adams we were pretty crap at defending, but he realised that and instead we played attacking football to outscore our opponents knowing we were unlikely to keep a clean sheet - rather than playing defensive football beat our opponents by keeping a clean sheet and nicking a goal. It doesn't work!

We have better players than last season but they aren't playing for the manager. An average Oldham side were doing the basics, pass and go etc.. and were making our players look second best. They were up for it we weren't. Cannot see any change for the Lincoln game, seriously hope there is. Surely Aspin cannot survive another 6 goal mauling. Having seen our recent performances cannot expect anything better . More worryingly our last 2 hammerings from Lincoln came at a time when we were playing better than now.

Is Clark available for tomorrow or has his loan expired?

Wiki says he,s on loan for 2018-19 season.

He's on loan for the season but the Sentinel speculated that Villa will recall him and send him out to a League One team now he's proven himself at this level. So I guess he's here for the moment but could potentially go at any time.

Archived