onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread - Lincoln City v Port Vale

Fosse69

Not at all defensive and I'm not a "Big fan of Aspin", I just don't think he should be leaving the Vale at the moment, PVFC needs stability and continuity, we've already got one "See-saw" too many.

A couple of posts back your where claiming there was no plan, no tactics as I questioned you on how you knew, now you're saying something else, make up your mind. I have sen every game this season bar the first two when iFollow video didn't work all the time and thr first two Caraboa Cup games.

Who has said that or anything close, I've said that tactics are employed and sometimes they are not carried out for whatever reason, the players fail to execute, which means a player has an off day, a goal is conceded, the opposition nullify our approach, an injury, a sending off etc.

So how come you said a few posts back that there were no tactics, plans etc.

I have no idea of Rudgie's day to day involvement and neither do you, I would guess Rudge offers his opinions and Aspin either takes them on board or goes his own way or something in between as Aspin is the manager and the buck stops with him.

:clap:

Advert

How do you know? Have you attended all the meetings, team discussions prior to games?

I only know what I see happening or not on the pitch and have never claimed or implied I have attended all meetings, team discussions prior to games unlike the poster you're trying to defend.

Maybe the team implements Aspin's plans perfectly; perhaps his plan is for the centre backs to hoof the ball up to Pope and he is awarded a foul and we can create a chance from a set piece? Perhaps the midfield are told not to run beyond Pope because we need 9 men back in case the referee doesn't award a free kick?

You may be right, can you substantiate those claims 'cause it doesn't look like it from what I see on the pitch.

It seems your accusation that PV1973 is making unsubstantiated, sweeping statements is like the pot calling the kettle etc.....

Care to elaborate on that statement.

And there you go again!

You seemed to miss the "I can imagine" which puts my statement into context......sarcasm.

He must subscribe to ifollowPLUS, giving him extra access, when watching the games on a laptop from abroad!

Is there an iFollowPLUS......lol, I don't watch the games on a laptop....unless I'm not at home or I'm at the games which is usually 2 or 3 a season.

What's your beef with fans living abroad

So how come you said a few posts back that there were no tactics, plans etc.

I think you’re taking it out of the context of the previous discussion which was we have no tactics and pattern of play to take a game to the opposition other than lumping it to Pope. When that fails we struggle because we have no plan B. Which is one of the things fans have been unhappy with, but you're happy with how we play in that regard so its a non-discussion really.

Guest TommyMac

And there you go again!

Care to elaborate on that statement.

Certainly....

You haven't a clue what Rugies role actually is and whether he has or has not any influence over Aspin, stop plucking sweeping statements out of the air which you cannot substantiate.

You accuse PV1973 of "plucking sweeping statements out of the air" that he cannot substantiate.

I can imagine you were pi**ed when Vale played well yesterday, happy when Oyeleke hit the bar and even more pi**ed when he scored, I could begin to understand your attitude if Vale were in the bottom 3.

You make sweeping statements about PV1973 that you cannot substantiate.

Thus pot calling the kettle black.

Glad to have been of assistance.

I think you’re taking it out of the context of the previous discussion which was we have no tactics and pattern of play to take a game to the opposition other than lumping it to Pope. When that fails we struggle because we have no plan B. Which is one of the things fans have been unhappy with, but you're happy with how we play in that regard so its a non-discussion really.

Again and again you make statements that you can't substantiate and which are wrong. There are times when I'm not happy how we play and in particular not in agreement with how Vale set up, like most others I prefer round pegs in round holes but accept Aspin and his coaches see and interact with the players daily and make their decisions based on knowledge.

Do you see how your statement, "You're happy with how we play in that regard" is wrong as that isn't my view or my words just as in a previous posts, eg where you posted, "I'm (me) a a big fan of Aspin" etc.

So Vale have no plan B eh, again your perception and a blinkered one at that.

Certainly....

You accuse PV1973 of "plucking sweeping statements out of the air" that he cannot substantiate.

You make sweeping statements about PV1973 that you cannot substantiate.

Thus pot calling the kettle black.

Glad to have been of assistance.

See above reply to PV, happy to put you right.

Again and again you make statements that you can't substantiate and which are wrong. There are times when I'm not happy how we play and in particular not in agreement with how Vale set up, like most others I prefer round pegs in round holes but accept Aspin and his coaches see and interact with the players daily and make their decisions based on knowledge.

Do you see how your statement, "You're happy with how we play in that regard" is wrong as that isn't my view or my words just as in a previous posts, eg where you posted, "I'm (me) a a big fan of Aspin" etc.

How we set up as an “attacking force” has been there for all to see this season. Maybe we all see different things it seems.

I’d go so far as to say that square pegs in round holes, constant formation changes and tinkering have hampered us. Because we have no identity or pattern of play IMO. Players unable to build relationships. No fluidity to our play. Disjointed. Long balls to Pope. Players looking lost like they don’t know what they’re supposed to be doing. Which again I think are reasons why we’re seeing fans get on the managers back. Just my opinion of course.

perhaps their knowledge is none existant both could be as thick as bricks,an astute manager plays players in their best positions not trying sqare pegs in round holes game after game. aspins nickname should be durex, one size fits all.

How we set up as an “attacking force” has been there for all to see this season. Maybe we all see different things it seems.

I’d go so far as to say that square pegs in round holes, constant formation changes and tinkering have hampered us. Because we have no identity or pattern of play IMO. Players unable to build relationships. No fluidity to our play. Disjointed. Long balls to Pope. Players looking lost like they don’t know what they’re supposed to be doing. Which again I think are reasons why we’re seeing fans get on the managers back. Just my opinion of course.

PV, Fans do see things differently, however, I also question the square pegs in round holes and thought Vale looked better balanced vs Lincoln with Gibbons and Clarke in the full back positions etc.

Whatever happens let's hope a couple of players at least who are capable of improving the team join/are purchased in the Jan window and Mitch Clarke stays.

Archived