onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread - Lincoln City v Port Vale

Fosse69

Two hoof-ball teams here so we need to either match them for second-balls or football them to death like Crwho did last week.

Looks like the first option?

Never mind the second balls, it was the first balls from set pieces that caught us out in the league game earlier in the season.

I've never seen a Vale side set up with so much fear. Clark right midfield, Pugh left midfield, we were a beaten side as soon as we handed in the teamsheet.

Advert

Port Vale are under performing. I have not seen that Lincoln have better players. I have seen they have a better play book and are well drilled. Time to spring a surprise.

Funniest thing in this whole thread! Mulled wine good is it?

Port Vale are under performing. I have not seen that Lincoln have better players. I have seen they have a better play book and are well drilled. Time to spring a surprise.

Lincoln has a manager and backroom staff that know how to get the best from their players and how to set them up to get the best from them. Friends say they may not be the best players in the league, but they play for each other and something seems to gel between them. They know what is required of them and they seem well drilled in set pieces and who needs to do what. Can we say that about our players. Don't think they actually know what sort of system they are playing, who needs to be where and on set pieces who can actually beat the first defender and get it into the danger area.

Can only see double figure score line if we play our usual rubbish boring - can you call it football. Feel sorry for the fans making the long journey to Lincoln. Will not go to another Vale match while we are playing this type of football.

Queue fans saying not a true fan - I have supported Vale for 45 years and just worn down by watching rubbish and having to pay for it as well. I feel very sad at doing this and will miss travelling to Stoke and away games with my daughter for games, but she has not been that naughty to subject her to that sort of punishment.

Of course it is, they’re 22 points in front of Vale already at this stage. To say they don’t have better players is unbelievable.

Yes, anyone can beat anyone in a one off as Crewe did but do you really think we can go Lincoln and win? Have a day off.

Lincoln friends would agree that they don't have the best players in the league, however, their manager and backroom staff have got them playing together and they work for each other. They know the tactics being used and are well drilled in set pieces and what is expected of them.

Never mind the second balls, it was the first balls from set pieces that caught us out in the league game earlier in the season.

I've never seen a Vale side set up with so much fear. Clark right midfield, Pugh left midfield, we were a beaten side as soon as we handed in the teamsheet.

It was just the four corners,the throw in and the goal kick that gave us problems last time.If we can overcome those threats we might stand a chance?

Lincoln friends would agree that they don't have the best players in the league, however, their manager and backroom staff have got them playing together and they work for each other. They know the tactics being used and are well drilled in set pieces and what is expected of them.
I'm seeing a team that is well organised and highly professional. That, with a modest level of talent, is enough to get out of L2. However, I am also seeing a team that without additions would struggle at L1 level.

I was impressed with Lincoln when I went there last season. They are unified club - ignoring having a stewarding problem for away supporters!

Archived