onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Vote of No Confidence

Emile

Do you want Neil Aspin to continue as Manager of Port Vale?  

77 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want Neil Aspin to continue as Manager of Port Vale?

• Yes
    • No

Advert

This isn't as easy as a Yes/No answer.

It would all depend on who Norman would appoint next.

Would you want Aspin to stay if the alternative was putting Pugh/Tonge/Kay/Nogan in charge? Yes I would.

Would you want Aspin to stay if it meant appointing a decent football league manager that plays attacking football? No I wouldn't.

I've said this many times, and been shot down numerous times but for me, Darren Ferguson would be the man for us.

Four football league promotions

40% win ratio over 561 football league games

Penchant for attacking football

Managed similar sized clubs to us to not "above" joining us (Peterborough, Donacaster)

Norman just wouldn't pay for him though. The club is dead until Norman sells and clears off.

This isn't as easy as a Yes/No answer.

It would all depend on who Norman would appoint next.

Would you want Aspin to stay if the alternative was putting Pugh/Tonge/Kay/Nogan in charge? Yes I would.

Would you want Aspin to stay if it meant appointing a decent football league manager that plays attacking football? No I wouldn't.

I've said this many times, and been shot down numerous times but for me, Darren Ferguson would be the man for us.

Four football league promotions

40% win ratio over 561 football league games

Penchant for attacking football

Managed similar sized clubs to us to not "above" joining us (Peterborough, Donacaster)

Norman just wouldn't pay for him though. The club is dead until Norman sells and clears off.

Forgot about him and I wonder if smurfs buddy the Peterborough chairman would recommend him....but as you say and we all know HE WONT PAY

Whatever the opinion, 0 points out of 6 from the next two & I'll be very surprised if he's still here. Maybe even before Lincoln should we lose Saturday, but a thrashing could be on the cards NYD which may be the final straw for Smurf.

And thats the saddest thing about this...I'm hoping for a defeat to sting Smurf into action.

Its exactly how I felt after watching Brown's side. The problem with a win is it only papers over the cracks and gives the manager more time. Its not going to solve the problem.

A stubborn man Aspin and has become his own worse enemy. He seems to put his foot in it with players and sopporters alike. Its NO from me too.

How has he "put his foot in it" with supporters? If you mean he's challenged the abuse he's been given on a couple of occasions l don't see that as a problem. If you dish out the verbals you surely can't be too surprised if you get some back now and then.... unless you think fans can shout what they like just because they've paid to get in.

Some Vale "fan" was calling Aspo names at Grimsby but didn't seem as keen as Aspo to continue the discussion away from the protection of the stewards and police.

And thats the saddest thing about this...I'm hoping for a defeat to sting Smurf into action.

Its exactly how I felt after watching Brown's side. The problem with a win is it only papers over the cracks and gives the manager more time. Its not going to solve the problem.

Smurf won’t do anything unless our league status seriously comes under threat or attendances drop off a cliff. He’s happy to ride it out otherwise. Even if he does pull the trigger, we’ll certainly end up with Tonge and Pugh in charge. I wouldn’t give Aspin any more money to waste in January, but then again I very much doubt the lad from Ireland will come with the wages we’ll offer him anyway.

We’ve become everything we feared we would.

Lose to Oldham on Saturday and I can see Aspin going. Unfortunately, like many others, I can't see Smurthwaite appointing a good, experienced manager as his whole philosophy is governed by money (i.e. paying out as little as possible,) and not by any knowledge of football - and we all know the extent of that !!

How has he "put his foot in it" with supporters? If you mean he's challenged the abuse he's been given on a couple of occasions l don't see that as a problem. If you dish out the verbals you surely can't be too surprised if you get some back now and then.... unless you think fans can shout what they like just because they've paid to get in.

Some Vale "fan" was calling Aspo names at Grimsby but didn't seem as keen as Aspo to continue the discussion away from the protection of the stewards and police.

I was refering to the unfortunate dislike Aspin has generated because of his stubborn attitude, selection of players etc. The very reason for this discussion. I wanted Neil to succeed he needs the fan base support he has lost it along from what i can see the players too. Maybe he should relate and listen to critisism if he wishes to be free from poblic displeasure and reaction.

I've got no confidence that it will improve.

I've also got very little confidence that we will get a better replacement in.

At the start of the year I was ready for a consolidation mid table season, but it's unforgivable to play game after game with seemingly no plan on how we are going to win it.

Smurthwaite has lost a lot of the goodwill of the fans including mine. What bit was left has now been lost by Aspin. Obviously I don’t want us to get relegated but I get the feeling that most fans at the moment couldn’t really care less. The club has no soul anymore.

Archived