onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Stoke City donation???

wwindsor

What we really need is a return match. Instead of Vale fans turning up in the away at the Community Stadium we should get a load of plumbers and builders to strip the end of all its furniture and cart it off back to Vale Park.

Have you tried getting a plumber lately ! What about Michael Walsh ? Wasn’t he going to be a plumber after being released from Vale ? lol

:laugh:

Advert

Norman actually thanking them for this offer.

Suppose if they asked for real breakdown of the costs he would be struggling

Thanking them as it covers all damage costs maybe?

Surely we'd be covered by insurance for such events as this?

We're not the first club to have damage like this done - and those old enough to remember will recall the days of damage being done to houses, shops and cars by ''soccer hooligans'' in the 70s. Scotland ruined Wembley after one game, l don't recall the Scottish FA footing the bill.

I suppose the main objective is to not be out of pocket after what happened.

I must say that I've been surprised by the coverage it received, and anyone mentioning it seems to now hate Stoke if they didn't already - so every cloud has a silver lining.

I do not think that this donation is generous.

If Sjoke had played and lost to either Carlisle or Morecombe in the knockout stage instead of us, or for that matter any of the other 2nd division clubs how much would they have received as their share of the gate (after expenses).

Against Morecambe in the round robin games the crowd was 512 and against Carlisle the crowd was 882. I very much doubt they would have received any share of the gates from those two games.

It would be interesting to see Stoke's accounts which take in last season's Checkertrade Trophy games to see if they received any money at all and they probably do not expect to receive any. So in my opinion this donation is very disingenuous. Typical of Coates.

I do not think that this donation is generous.

If Sjoke had played and lost to either Carlisle or Morecombe in the knockout stage instead of us, or for that matter any of the other 2nd division clubs how much would they have received as their share of the gate (after expenses).

Against Morecambe in the round robin games the crowd was 512 and against Carlisle the crowd was 882. I very much doubt they would have received any share of the gates from those two games.

It would be interesting to see Stoke's accounts which take in last season's Checkertrade Trophy games to see if they received any money at all and they probably do not expect to receive any. So in my opinion this donation is very disingenuous. Typical of Coates.

Well said. I quite agree.

In all honesty my hate for Smurfwaite is that strong that because he split the ground from PVFC I was hopeful he would need to foot the bill. The ground in legal terms is not part of Port vale anymore and therefore it would of been nice to see him endure a bit of pain and cough up. If it was Port Vale's, then I'd of liked Stoke to pay up but only on the basis Coates makes the best part of £100k an hour - but even then, no legal obligations to do so. Smurf fueled it all by serving ale all game. It was badly organised and was expected. Like giving a kid a lighter and an old bag of newspapers.

Stoke have made themselves look complete idiots though, as a club and as fans, so that's the best donation from them possible anyway.

Invited clubs do not receive any share from their group games. Their bit goes into the competition pool.

My view, Stoke weren’t legally obliged to pay anything,but have done so as an act of good faith, so Norman wasn’t in a bargaining position so has taken something rather than nothing.

They were indirectly responsible though because they sold the responsible fans the tickets and therefore they were the agents that led to that scenario

I'm sure the FA can punish them heavily but it appears they have not. May be the FA should contribute towards the damage after all they created the stupid competition

Archived