onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread - Port Vale v Swindon Town

Fosse69

Timewasting was no more or less than I expect from an away team holding onto a 1-0 lead. We'd do the same. Ref should have booked some players but it wouldn't have changed much.

We lost today because we have a bang average squad being managed by an increasingly dubious manager. Factor in one of the worst 3 chairman in the 92, and you have 3,500 home fans for a Saturday League game.

Advert

Honestly what is the point of us?

Meandering along the bottom end of the professional footballing world, rudderless and without hope. We cling to our membership of the 92 as if its something to cherish.

Fans are either gone or apathetic. Chairman doesn't care and is just using us as a profit-maker. Manager is rapidly dissolving his legendary status before our eyes.

Just really don't see what Port Vale brings at the present, apart from existence for mere existence's sake, for the sole purpose of fulfilling a routine we're all stuck in and don't really fully enjoy anymore.

I'm too mad enough to shake it off but a saner man would forget Port Vale existed and find something else to do.

Clueless Aspin strikes again.

Absolutely awful, as bad as I’ve seen for three year that was and up there with Browns garbage.

When we attack, I say that loosely, we have a back three and four midfielders all of which never go past the halfway line. None of them bust a gut to attack and help out and give options and try and score. It’s absolutely ****** awful to watch and I’ve had enough.

No wonder we can’t create any goals at all.

No faith at all in this manager. Awful

Just the same again. It’s blatanlty obvious before kick off every week how we will play. It’s just turgid negative crap every game. Pointless even watching it anymore. I know most fans think they’re football managers but I think half of us would have more of a clue than aspin. I’m sick to death of seeing Kanu on the bench when we’re loosing. Just what is the point? He may as well be sent back.

As Hagrid said we are a bit pointless. there’s nothing decent about the club, got a couple of good players and that’s it. We have a **** manager, possibly the biggest ****** possible as chairman and a dwindling fan base that’s losing interest. No doubt we will survive this season and some will see it as a positive because we’ve finished one place higher than last season.

We all know who the big issue is but aspin dosent help himself. Setting up for a point every away match but at home it’s even more painful. I couldn’t name one positive from today. Suppose it’s clear we’ve got a decent keeper.

May be seen as a serial moaner but all I want is:

1. An owner with a plan, philosophy, and business expertise around them to build Vale

2. A manager who has a commitment to at least trying to attack

3. Marketing/incentives to attract more fans to VP

Literally all I ask. Am I being too pushy, or isn't that what we deserve?

Meandering along the bottom end of the professional footballing world, rudderless and without hope. We cling to our membership of the 92 as if its something to cherish.

Fans are either gone or apathetic. Chairman doesn't care and is just using us as a profit-maker. Manager is rapidly dissolving his legendary status before our eyes.

Just really don't see what Port Vale brings at the present, apart from existence for mere existence's sake, for the sole purpose of fulfilling a routine we're all stuck in and don't really fully enjoy anymore.

I'm too mad enough to shake it off but a saner man would forget Port Vale existed and find something else to do.

I still think despite having the joint worst owner (with the oysten family ) in the football league it should still be possible to enjoy exciting attractive football and a tilt at promotion.

In the long term Smurf needs removing.

In the short term Aspin needs to go. We could give Aspin 10m and he would not be able to deliver a promotion team.

Guest TommyMac

I'm patiently waiting for the usual suspects to come on and claim all Aspin's critics 'obviously haven't been the game' followed by 'how can we expect to compete with Swindon Town with our budget' followed by 'the ref cost us'...... etc. :laugh:

Swindon are one of the worst sides I have seen for gamesmanship and time wasting,that said I don't know why they did it because they would have won at a canter without resorting to those tactics.

That performance was as bad as anything under recent mangers who have been deemed clueless, the lack of creativity has to be seen to be believed.

Exactly...where's the passion and want from Players Management and the b**** guy running the club?

Non-existent...they don't deserve the hardcore supporters in place

I said before the game i felt a defeat was looming, Negativity is present not just in the way we play football but within the public who pay to watch it. Neil Aspin has had plenty of opportunity to realise his failings but constantly does the same things again. it has already been mentioned he is out of his depth and he needs to go. Tiresome boring style which is now affecting the players who doubt what ability they have and look now very low in confidence. Relegation fight around the corner without change.

God, does the humiliation of Port Vale FC never end??

Driving home from what was effectively another waste of a Saturday afternoon and £24.50 (factoring in a cold pie from the Bycars) and then have to listen to our dickwad chairman begging fans to attend a HOME game where, as it stands we will be outnumbered 10:1.

Our caring, sharing chairman is worried about crowd safety, so is going to open up another part of the ground to our visitors, which he blames solely on his own supporters apathy towards the competition.

Well Norman, let me tell you that Vale fans, myself included, are sick to death of the cr@p that’s been served up under your tenure. It’s hard enough getting motivated for a league game against Swindon (just 3,500 of us did) let alone Stoke U21’s. To be honest, the way I feel at the moment we could be playing Barcelona U21’s and I still wouldn’t go.

Today has done it for me until next year, when hopefully we’ve made some signings in the transfer window, though I’m not holding my breath. I just refuse to pay to watch this type rubbish, negativity from possibility the dourest manager in the entire Football League. Against a team that had lost 0-4 at home the previous week.

Rawlinson and Smith must be the worst centre halves in the country when it comes to composure on the ball, either aimlessly booting it into no-mans land or into touch. Either way the ball ends up back with the opposition. No pattern of play, no ideas around how to work opportunities, just hope to God that something drops kindly for us.

In truth, that seems to the strategy around the whole club.

Depressingly poor overall. In the spirit of trying to see some positives: Brown, Legge, Conlon, Whitfield and Pope were ok. Dodds and Vassell ok when they came on but the others were beyond poor.

A word about horrible levels of timewasting by Swindon and even more irritating doubling of the advantage they got by the incompetent officials. In injury time one of theirs kicked the ball away a considerable difference, no booking. They should have picked up at least7 bookings for time wasting, though if the ref had got a grip it could have been nipped in the bud. They were better, no question, but it’s supposed to be entertainment and the ref ruined any chance of that.

Hagrid you are not wrong. You are not alone in your summing up. You are stating exactly what passionate Valiants are feeling but are not actually coming out and saying as eloquently as you. We all know we are in a sinking quagmire with Scumthwaite as owner. We are also now accepting that one of our true great players of old is totally out of his depth. I have my tin hat on some games for suggesting that Aspo is slowly killing the fan base with his turgid, dire, negative, insane set ups but even the hard core are now disappearing and who can blame them? I can stomach defeats but when, season after season we slide more perilously near to the abyss due to ineffective, nonsensical passionless performances then I question my own sanity in being a season ticket holder and regular away attendee. Sad, sad days these and I am sure I'm not the only one who seriously now is pondering why oh why should I support such a dying, unentertaining unit, after 40 years of every emotion in the world following my beloved Team. Good job I have a nice bottle of wine here to give me some enjoyment from yet another bleak day.

Archived