onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread - Port Vale v Swindon Town

Fosse69

Legge stated the other day in the Sentinel that they don’t practice the long throw and suggested if they did they’d possibly get better results from it.

Interesting tweet from Legge last night too... “another saturday to forget. we have 72 hours to sort this out otherwise it will be a long season. need to create more and start scoring more”

Advert

Aspin out, absolute disgrace again. You don't know what you're doing, and before anyone says who will we get in the answer is anyone. Disgrace.

Bang on mate sick of vale fans who exuse aspin with “but who do we replace him with”. Sorry, that’s not the answer, you can’t continue to watch performances like that week in week out just for the sake of it. Aspin should walk away with dignity! Christ anyone can see he is out of his depths, his team selections look like someone playing footballmanger!!

For those that do say who do we replace him with...Paul hurst, John askey, Gary bowyer,

Tbf Anyone who wants to actually set up to win a football match and entertain the fans would be a step up.

1000 is fans missing yesterday says that people are getting bored.

I may be in the minority but, a few exceptions apart, I feel Aspin has assembled a very decent squad, certainly miles in front of where it was last year. The clear dichotomy we face is that even if we accept that, it's become blatantly obvious he hasn't a clue what to do with them, because as a team we are now very, very poor, and as we slide dangerously towards the relegation zone, though we thought it impossible, it's getting worse, and even more frustrating for the quickly dwindling faithful, watching PV is now like watching an 'X' rated footballing version of Ground Hog day.

Yes of course we can and rightly do blame the chairman for many things, but I would submit the one thing you can't remotely blame him for, is the way Aspin wants to play football. Combined with his clear and total lack of any tactical nous and 'Crazy Gang' mentality he continues to employ which is now being found out game after game it's bordering on the embarrassing, and more so when you then tune in to hear his post match comments which have become as repetitive and banal as the football his team serve up.

Five at the back, camped five, ten yards from our area with three central midfield players, camped ten yards in front of them is a disaster waiting to happen, but it would appear he is the only person who can't see the folly of it all.

Even when he does at least change the system, he then simultaneously kicks himself and the team right in the wobbly bits, by continuing to put the slowest defender on the pitch, and one who is supremely unsuited to playing there at RB. Surely it's either a sign of his tactical incompetence or I fear rapidly oncoming dementia. Regardless of which, it inevitably invites any opposition (who clearly have examined how we play, which doesn't take long does it?)to flood the left hand side making his already absurd tactics seem even worse.

Smith and Rawlinson, who up to the last few games have both had very decent seasons now look like nervous wrecks and resemble 'rabbits in the headlights' every time the ball comes remotely near them, and though I fear I am doing all our defenders a dis-service here, as clearly they could be doing nothing but following Aspins orders, but I do wonder if any could even spell, never mind understand the definition of the word 'distribution' a question that without Manny in the side one could easily ask of the midfield as never have I seen a PV side give the ball away so cheaply and so needlessly.

In fact, and I am hoping I wasn't the only who noticed yesterday, collectively the midfield probably made as many backward passes as they did forward ones, what does Aspin think that will achieve? This is not football, certainly not as we know it.

Even more worrying was the collective lack of graft on show yesterday (something again,that is also the direct responsibility of the manager) and worse, the accompanying body language of so many in a white shirt yesterday, which with some was disgraceful, and though I hate picking on individuals, I feel in this instance it's quite fair to single out Monty who appeared to do nothing but go through the most sluggish of motions.

Aspin consistently drones on and on about the need to score and create more, yet clearly in the unrelenting pursuit of his absurd defend at all costs philosophy, continually refuses to make any efforts to address this quite obvious failing. Yes the front two, as always happens regardless of who plays up front, were again totally impotent, and as a performance, even Pope had a shocker highlighted perfectly by the glorious chance he somehow headed wide, but as I have said all season, with the way we play, who the hell can blame our front line, certainly not me.

But this was a truly shocking 90 minutes, and as mush as Aspin would rightly take the plaudits if we were doing well, he must, and on his own shoulders, take full responsibility for the utter dross that we are forced to endure, and we are not just talking about yesterday, but now, week after week. If wants to keep his job, which becomes less likely with every passing math,if he wants to maintain the affection we all had for him as a player only he can put this right, because being honest, this was as shambolic as it can get and if it isn't, OMG, god help us all!

I thought yesterday game was poor, Swindon second half were awful with tactics having players lieing on the floor, referee was a joke not the first, just thought all round we dint create much and thats a concern, what’s happened with Miller?

I to think the ref was poor and Swindon’s antics at times were unsporting BUT did either cost us the match....

One other thing, I also refuse to condemn Swindon for their blatant time wasting, an issue supporters only bring up when it goes against them. If and when we next get into the reverse situation, I wonder how many of us would be equally condemning?

It would be nice to see us actually “manage” a game like Swindon and other teams do. We came out with a bit of purpose 2nd half, and it wasn’t long before they picked up an “injury” and totally killed the momentum. They did it time and time again. Of course, that sort of thing needs a bit of pre-planning and organising, so don’t expect us to do it anytime soon.

I may be in the minority but, a few exceptions apart, I feel Aspin has assembled a very decent squad, certainly miles in front of where it was last year. The clear dichotomy we face is that even if we accept that, it's become blatantly obvious he hasn't a clue what to do with them, because as a team we are now very, very poor, and as we slide dangerously towards the relegation zone, though we thought it impossible, it's getting worse, and even more frustrating for the quickly dwindling faithful, watching PV is now like watching an 'X' rated footballing version of Ground Hog day.

Yes of course we can and rightly do blame the chairman for many things, but I would submit the one thing you can't remotely blame him for, is the way Aspin wants to play football. Combined with his clear and total lack of any tactical nous and 'Crazy Gang' mentality he continues to employ which is now being found out game after game it's bordering on the embarrassing, and more so when you then tune in to hear his post match comments which have become as repetitive and banal as the football his team serve up.

Five at the back, camped five, ten yards from our area with three central midfield players, camped ten yards in front of them is a disaster waiting to happen, but it would appear he is the only person who can't see the folly of it all.

Even when he does at least change the system, he then simultaneously kicks himself and the team right in the wobbly bits, by continuing to put the slowest defender on the pitch, and one who is supremely unsuited to playing there at RB. Surely it's either a sign of his tactical incompetence or I fear rapidly oncoming dementia. Regardless of which, it inevitably invites any opposition (who clearly have examined how we play, which doesn't take long does it?)to flood the left hand side making his already absurd tactics seem even worse.

Smith and Rawlinson, who up to the last few games have both had very decent seasons now look like nervous wrecks and resemble 'rabbits in the headlights' every time the ball comes remotely near them, and though I fear I am doing all our defenders a dis-service here, as clearly they could be doing nothing but following Aspins orders, but I do wonder if any could even spell, never mind understand the definition of the word 'distribution' a question that without Manny in the side one could easily ask of the midfield as never have I seen a PV side give the ball away so cheaply and so needlessly.

In fact, and I am hoping I wasn't the only who noticed yesterday, collectively the midfield probably made as many backward passes as they did forward ones, what does Aspin think that will achieve? This is not football, certainly not as we know it.

Even more worrying was the collective lack of graft on show yesterday (something again,that is also the direct responsibility of the manager) and worse, the accompanying body language of so many in a white shirt yesterday, which with some was disgraceful, and though I hate picking on individuals, I feel in this instance it's quite fair to single out Monty who appeared to do nothing but go through the most sluggish of motions.

Aspin consistently drones on and on about the need to score and create more, yet clearly in the unrelenting pursuit of his absurd defend at all costs philosophy, continually refuses to make any efforts to address this quite obvious failing. Yes the front two, as always happens regardless of who plays up front, were again totally impotent, and as a performance, even Pope had a shocker highlighted perfectly by the glorious chance he somehow headed wide, but as I have said all season, with the way we play, who the hell can blame our front line, certainly not me.

But this was a truly shocking 90 minutes, and as mush as Aspin would rightly take the plaudits if we were doing well, he must, and on his own shoulders, take full responsibility for the utter dross that we are forced to endure, and we are not just talking about yesterday, but now, week after week. If wants to keep his job, which becomes less likely with every passing math,if he wants to maintain the affection we all had for him as a player only he can put this right, because being honest, this was as shambolic as it can get and if it isn't, OMG, god help us all!

Wow!after conceding that Aspin has "assembled a decent squad and we are miles ahead of last season"you then write a short novel attacking him for his failings,with a brief mention of the blue baboon.Aspin has clearly stated the team's performance yesterday was unacceptable,which I take to mean they simply aren't playing the way they are being asked to play,period.Mid table inconsistency is what we're getting and mid table is where we'll finish.

"Never fail always Vale".

I don’t blame their players for trying it on, I blame the ref for being too weak to clamp down on it. The amount of persistent fouling that their goal scorer did to break up the game should have earned him a yellow long before he eventually got one.

Say what you want about Aspin, fact is we struggle because we have mostly a team of cheapo non-league players. Who are no good. Sadly.

The fact that we have an owner who is a crook, trousering the cash from two clubs and being generally a **** hole is totally irrelevant.

He is such a good guy.

Saved our club. What a man......

Sad think about Norman is, he may be taking money out of the till (allegedly) but I guess that due to his incompetence every ten pounds he takes out cost him thirty quid to put there.

I think they players have given up at the moment because some of them know they are leaving in January, Clarke for example, he is being watched by higher league clubs and we have no control over his fate unless we buy him which I can't see happening. Aren't Tranmere after Legge too?

Bang on mate sick of vale fans who exuse aspin with “but who do we replace him with”. Sorry, that’s not the answer, you can’t continue to watch performances like that week in week out just for the sake of it. Aspin should walk away with dignity! Christ anyone can see he is out of his depths, his team selections look like someone playing footballmanger!!

For those that do say who do we replace him with...Paul hurst, John askey, Gary bowyer,

Tbf Anyone who wants to actually set up to win a football match and entertain the fans would be a step up.

1000 is fans missing yesterday says that people are getting bored.

The question isn’t who could we get, it’s who will we get. We’ll have an idiot doing the recruitment again who has a reputation in the game that will put off any decent applicants.

That’s not a justification of how poor things are, just that the control variable is Norman, just as it has been with the previous managers.

That was a shocker yesterday, probably up there in the top worst performance of the season. I'm at a loss as to the inclusion of Joyce. He offers nothing and Aspin was constantly bawling out instructions to him but to no avail. He simply wasn't good enough. Too many were below par yesterday and need to step up or we'll get hammered again before too long. A good start would be listening to the manager! !!

Wow!after conceding that Aspin has "assembled a decent squad and we are miles ahead of last season"you then write a short novel attacking him for his failings,with a brief mention of the blue baboon.Aspin has clearly stated the team's performance yesterday was unacceptable,which I take to mean they simply aren't playing the way they are being asked to play,period.Mid table inconsistency is what we're getting and mid table is where we'll finish.

"Never fail always Vale".

I stand by it 'bootboy' I do think he has assembled a better squad, and better individuals, but am not blind enough to see that everything that happens on the pitch, good or bad is his responsibility. Saying yesterday was unacceptable, is in my eyes, no more than lip service for us the fans, and clearly, as it has been on so many occasions his remit to change, and it looks like he is not capable of doing so. His comments may as you suggest, mean they are not playing the way he asks, but if they aren't, then only two possibilities, they are ignoring him, which conjures up many reasons, all bad, or they are playing as instructed and it's his way of deflecting responsibility. It was a bit of an essay I agree, and do apologise for the length, but these performances are not only getting progressively worse and total frustration is becoming the norm, and it hurts

Archived