onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread - Port Vale v Swindon Town

Fosse69

Advert

The manager.

In our minds we’re all football managers, but can anyone honestly say they’d pick these sides that Aspin is, square pegs and all that. No tactics. No motivation it seems from some players. Too many players allowed to get away with poor performances whilst others are completely left out for much less. All that leads me to question what we do in the week, the intensity and discipline of that training and also the actual level of tactical coaching and team shape we do in training too.

We set up with wing backs but don’t actually play like a team with wing backs. That systems an excuse to get more bodies at the back it seems.

We are clueless right now with no plan. Every player should know their role inside out. We look like we don’t.

With a heavy heart I agree.

The big one for me is the fact that pretty much every other team without exception can pass and move and find each other with a pass. We were counting the passes today and they were stringing together 15-20 passes no problem, we struggled with 2 or 3.

I give you Smith and Rawlinson. Both are absolutely terrible with the ball at their feet.

I give you Smith and Rawlinson. Both are absolutely terrible with the ball at their feet.

Connell won't need telling he had a very poor game today, giving the ball away on several occasions and trying to do things outside of his very basic range of attributes.

Smith's brave in the air but his clearing headers rarely found a Vale player today.

It really was a difficult watch today.

Every player is going to give the ball away at some point in a game. They all do it and no one will go through a match having not done it. If players are trying to play then I can accept that will happen. But the worrying thing is that when a defender gets the ball, where are his options? Also we seem to panic too easily when it comes to them, rushing headers and clearances with little composure.

As a side note it was really classy from the Lorne street faithful by the tunnel who abused their lad going off who was seriously injured too. Saw him in the ambulance on oxygen outside as I was leaving after the game.

The constant abuse that lad got as he was clearly in a great deal of pain, and had to be literally dragged off the pitch, was a great indicator of the class of some of our fans.

There were around 4 medical staff and oxygen being given to him, yet all the Vale fans could bellow was 'get on with it', 'get him off'.

The lad couldn't walk. He stopped about 3 times on the way off. You can't make him walk the edge of the VP pitch if he needs treatment. He took the most direct route down the tunnel, and got abuse for that.

Strong memories of Alex Nicholls being booed at Sixfields after McCombe broke his leg in two places, leaving Akinfenwa in tears and blood on the pitch. The ambulance was literally reversed onto the pitch, the lad was on oxygen, and yet as the stretcher was lifted, some of the crowd behind the goal decided they'd boo a lad who was probably barely conscious.

Anyone with half a brain could see McCourt (who once played for us) was in a lot of trouble today; shame our fans lack that cognitive function. I'm absolutely ******* sick and tired of some of our fans tarnishing Port Vale with the 'backwards, scummy club' with incidents like today and at Crewe (and with incidents in basically every season).

Sorry to rant. Really wound me up.

The Lorne Street faithful were annoyed as was everyone else with Swindon time wasting and kicking the ball away. So from the opposite side of the pitch the faithful were suspicious of the injury. However, the clapping when he approached the tunnel was a mark of respect. It was not taking the p...

Back to the match. We started off the pace with the wrong formation and got overrun once again in midfield. Lucky to get to half time only one goal behind. But did much better second half. Need more goal threat and to start quicker.

Turns out McCourt had dislocated his shoulder.

If anyone's ever done that, it is ridiculously painful. Pain beyond what you can imagine.

"BOOOOOO. GET ON WITH IT. GET HIM OFF. LETS RESUME THIS TURGID AFFAIR PRONTO"

I struggle to understand why he can walk off the pitch and yet can't walk to the touchline for treatment so the the game can resume.

Archived