onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread - Port Vale v Swindon Town

Fosse69

Advert

Smith at fault there. Put the ball out under no pressure. Him and Rawlinson on the ball are atrocious, no composure, just get rid. Absolutely awful start.

Aspo should be playing one or the other with two fullbacks but we all know that certain players have to start even if it's not our best formation.

I have been defensive of Aspin but watching full games over recent months has led me to 100% accepting the painful realisation that he is not a competent football league manager. I go into each game expecting dire, dire, dire football and aimless hoofball. We will never get promoted under Aspin. End of.

However, it doesn't matter who the manager is, they will always be hamstrung because the cancer that is Scumthwaite still infests this club.

2015-2018 has been as bad a nightmare as anything under Glover/Sinnott and V2001.

It won't change until we get Scumthwaite out.

I have been defensive of Aspin but watching full games over recent months has led me to 100% accepting the painful realisation that he is not a competent football league manager. I go into each game expecting dire, dire, dire football and aimless hoofball. We will never get promoted under Aspin. End of.

However, it doesn't matter who the manager is, they will always be hamstrung because the cancer that is Scumthwaite still infests this club.

2015-2018 has been as bad a nightmare as anything under Glover/Sinnott and V2001.

It won't change until we get Scumthwaite out.

At this rate we're going to have another fight on our hands in the lower reaches of this dreadful league, let alone get promotion. I've defended Aspo too but he is indeed a very limited lower league manager and his line up and tactics today seem to confirm that. Against another bottom half of the table team, we've had just 44% of the play and just one shot on target compared to their 4. Lucky to go in at 0-1 by all accounts.

He needs to turn it around second half but looking at the bench his options are limited, which comes down to the squad he's been able to put together based on Norman's largesse. As you say, nowt doing here until he's gone.

Well that was dire. The fact that Joyce controlled the game against us last season simply says it all about last seasons side. He is shocking. Usual hoof ball hoping for a lucky break. Why oh why are we so seemingly insistent on trying to build a side around a 33yo striker with no pace or movement? If pope is up against a defender with even a modicum of heading ability he is out of the game, particularly with our crossing being so shocking. With our midfield so deep that means it's game over. Haul pope and Joyce and try something different for Christ's sake!

If Monty comes out for the second half I’d be amazed. How many chances is he going to have? Totally uninterested. Are you telling me haven’t got players in the squad who’ll play for the shirt. He isn’t.

Mind you anyone could go off here. Hannants been like last week. Clark hasn’t got up enough from left back and dare I say is sometimes a bit lazy in his overlapping. Rawlinson is the same on the other side. This is poor today.

Archived