onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Lets lose every game!!!

wwindsor

I don't expect vale to win every game.... it would be nice... but I do expect them to give some effort... every game... win lose or draw.

They are our champions, our gladiators in the arena, wherever the arena may be.... it's not good to watch them get eaten by the lemmings.

Advert

Mentality of a loser.

Stevenage got less than 2,000 fans at the game last night and we couldn't beat them. Look at all the teams on half our gates yet are miles better than us. How? What are we doing with the extra revenue our higher gates get? Not to mention the £2.4m we have received since January 2017.

The club is massively underperforming in L2 and it all boils down to the clown at the top.

Totally agree. Stems from the top, escalates down. negativity surrounds the place.

Desperate tactics to scrape points only a short term solution to avoiding relegation.

Promotion requires 65-80 goals and 72+ points.

people have drastically lowered their expectations, particularly Smurthwaite who now has none (maybe never had any?) Not good times for Vale fans.

Mentality of a loser.

Stevenage got less than 2,000 fans at the game last night and we couldn't beat them. Look at all the teams on half our gates yet are miles better than us. How? What are we doing with the extra revenue our higher gates get? Not to mention the £2.4m we have received since January 2017.

The club is massively underperforming in L2 and it all boils down to the clown at the top.

Not sure that you can ever have a direct correlation between size of gates or amount of revenue as to performance on the pitch - never works like that in any league ( no point in playing if it did )

Not sure that you can ever have a direct correlation between size of gates or amount of revenue as to performance on the pitch - never works like that in any league ( no point in playing if it did )
So why do teams with the highest attendances play in higher leagues than teams with lower attendances? There are exceptions to every rule but if we are getting higher gates than Stevenage/Crawley/Newport we will have a higher revenue. Fact.

Yet we are continually outperformed by these clubs. Why? Are you happy with our decline? Are you happy that teams bring 100 fans to Vale Park and beat us comfortably?

We are sleepwalking towards the National League.

So why do teams with the highest attendances play in higher leagues than teams with lower attendances? There are exceptions to every rule but if we are getting higher gates than Stevenage/Crawley/Newport we will have a higher revenue. Fact.

Yet we are continually outperformed by these clubs. Why? Are you happy with our decline? Are you happy that teams bring 100 fans to Vale Park and beat us comfortably?

We are sleepwalking towards the National League.

Accrington got promoted last year - Notts County are struggling this year. At our level I dont think crowds / budgets are as significant in predicting the outcome of the league or even a game.

By the way - Please dont imply that I am happy with the position we are in at the moment, I was merely stating a view, not looking for an argument

Accrington got promoted last year - Notts County are struggling this year. At our level I dont think crowds / budgets are as significant in predicting the outcome of the league or even a game.

By the way - Please dont imply that I am happy with the position we are in at the moment, I was merely stating a view, not looking for an argument

They are exceptions to the rule. Coventry, Luton, Bristol Rovers, Portsmouth etc got out of this league recently. We're not in their league yet but you get my point.

I'm frustrated with the way the club is being run, that's all. We aren't even trying to be competitive and just plod along each year. How can I get excited at that?!

How many of those 140 seasons have we spent in the fourth tier?

Over the last 30 years or so it's been less than a fifth.

There has only been a fourth tier for 60 years.We have had 9 promotions in our history.That is the correct answer.I said after our last promotion to milk it for all its worth,they don’t come around that often.

Seasonal expectations and overall expectations are different.

This season my expectations based on our current predicament is solid mid table with a view to stability and building foundations for next season to challenge. If we achieve that goal my expectations seasonally will be higher next.

My general expectations for the club are League One as thats about right for the size of us, Swindon, Tranmere, Crewe fans probably think the same so its a case of getting back there to be where we feel we should be but football peaks and troughs, Swansea, Brighton, Huddersfield fans probably felt like we did 15 years ago...

There has only been a fourth tier for 60 years.

Am aware.

Over the last 60 years while the current four tier structure has been in place, we have spent the majority of the time (32 seasons) in the third tier. 20 seasons in the fourth tier and 8 in the second tier.

I said after our last promotion to milk it for all its worth,they don’t come around that often.

Alternatively don't throw your League One status away cheaply through bat**** foreign experiments.

Am aware.

Over the last 60 years while the current four tier structure has been in place, we have spent the majority of the time (32 seasons) in the third tier. 20 seasons in the fourth tier and 8 in the second tier.

Alternatively don't throw your League One status away cheaply through bat**** foreign experiments.

So a third of the last 60 in the basement then.

I think you are in the wrong place if you are not looking for an argument :laugh:

Its the constant negative attitude and comments from so called supporters that gets at me. We are where we are, a league 2 club and we have just secured a point away from home against another league 2 club, who cares if we didnt look good going forward or if a percentage of our goals are scored from open play. Get a life people...

We will agree to disagree mate.

A lot of the negativity is down to the way the club has regressed since 2014 when we were in and around the play offs to the Championship.Since then we have gone from League 1down to League 2 and only just survived in League 2 by the skin of our teeth.Then we now have the situation with Smurf buying Nuneaton while the club that he actually owns is going backwards and there is no progress.

There is very little happening to makes fans positive.Many fans have lost faith and trust in Smurf.

Heres an idea why not just to make some people happy, lose every game and get relegated because im sick and tired of all the negativity that comes with supporting Port Vale FC.

Why cant we all just support the team its that simple???

WW, we've just had two seasons of almost doing just that so no more plz. Two years ago the playing staff was decimated and it's gonna take some time to repair. Vale are making steady progress now on the playing side and that is about as good as we can do given the current budget.

Archived