onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

iFollow issues

Hagrid

Yeah, technical difficulties yet again. I just had a live chat with a D-head called Joesph. He said to email ifollow. I told him that I want technical support and emailing doesn't get me that. He said that he was technical support and he is helping by telling me e-mail iFollow. I said to him 'With all due respect,get another job with a decent company'.

Advert

It is clear now this current product is not fit for purpose, last season the video worked after a few teething problems but now it doesn't work at all. The video and commentary worked for me (and they were in synch) for ca 5 mins and then the video and my computer froze and required a total re-boot.

I plan to e-mail them and find out my options, no point in paying for a product which doesn't work, perhaps the way to go is audio only 'til the video problems are fixed if that is an option.

I got video for about the last 10 mins, although the audio was a couple of seconds ahead. As I don’t want to know a goal’s been scored before I actually see it, I had to mute it.

And don’t get me started on the live ‘support’ who cut me off twice for no reason.

Shockingly bad thus far.

Our emails just elicit a "cut & Paste" reply with statements that mean nothing. Colin Garlick had already promised, after last week, that he would take matter s up with the EFL. I emailed him with full details today. They already know they have issues, since they made a public statement.

The contract is with NeuLion, a largish US company who supply streams (so they say) to NFL, NBA and other sports organisations. They were taken over earlier in the year. As to whether that's a factor, who knows? But it is affecting clubs right across the EFL and as more and more bigger teams hear from their fans (especially when more midweek league games start to be played) it is going to get nasty.

I still believe that we should be compensated. The previous contractor always did something when their audio service was at fault. At 10 quid a game for UK fans and $140 here in the US, it's not a small amount.

But what we all want is a resolution. We don't want interruptions, we don't want to have to keep switching to audio, emailing iFollow or waiting patiently to chat to bloke in Egypt who just tells you they are working on it. We want to watch football.

Colin Garlick has personally promised to look into it, I suggest we trust him to do that. In the meantime, keep writing (respectfully!) to EFL and tell them that we demand compensation AND a resolution.

Slightly off topic but I am presuming that tonight's match isn't available to watch for UK viewers as

a) it's in the cup - think the deal only applies to League games (possibly JPT too after last season's trial)

b) any games that will feature in TV highlights (I presume there is a League Cup highlights programme) won't be streamed

Perhaps it's for the best judging by the comments in this thread.

I hope they resolve them by the weekend for our non-UK exiles...

Slightly off topic but I am presuming that tonight's match isn't available to watch for UK viewers as

a) it's in the cup - think the deal only applies to League games (possibly JPT too after last season's trial)

b) any games that will feature in TV highlights (I presume there is a League Cup highlights programme) won't be streamed

Perhaps it's for the best judging by the comments in this thread.

I hope they resolve them by the weekend for our non-UK exiles...

Correct, Rob. We just have audio (Radio Stoke) coverage on iFollow for cup games.

All league games are all SUPPOSED to be live streamed video for overseas subscribers, unless the game is shown LIVE on television. UK subscribers can watch midweek games only.

Colin Garlick has written a stern letter to the EFL and kindly copied me. His attitude is very much in support of fans and especially exiles who have purchased season passes. He equates us to season ticket holders.

I emailed ifollow on monday to ask if the service works over mobile web as we are camping next week there reply was "yes certainly our service works on both wifi and mobile web", after reading the recent comments and complaints im not sure i will bother...

I emailed ifollow on monday to ask if the service works over mobile web as we are camping next week there reply was "yes certainly our service works on both wifi and mobile web", after reading the recent comments and complaints im not sure i will bother...

I was camping the weekend of the Cambridge game and it worked OK on mobile data for me. However, that was the commentary only (not the live streaming which seems to be causing the majority of issues).

However, I must confess I failed to cancel my recurring subscription from last season so it wasn't as if I was committing to buy IFollow for that game.

If I was a new purchaser I would be fairly worried about paying out for a ropey service.

Archived