onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Players in and out

Rampant Zebra

We did.

Forrester was linked on here with a move to Salford but not sure how accurate that is

Forrester is not under contract now and apparently Salford are offering him 3k a week.

Macc were interested in Davis and Barnett before Askey moved to Shrewsbury. I suppose clubs won’t make them an offer for a couple of weeks as they will have to start paying their wages.

Advert

Forrester is not under contract now and apparently Salford are offering him 3k a week.

Macc were interested in Davis and Barnett before Askey moved to Shrewsbury. I suppose clubs won’t make them an offer for a couple of weeks as they will have to start paying their wages.

The club must have allowed all 3 to stay away for some reason as none of them would be stupid enough not to turn up and end up going down the disciplinary route. I'd imagine they are either talking to or training with other clubs trying to find somewhere to go, or possible involved in negotiations on contract cancellation. The latter will be expensive if they haven't found somewhere to move on to. Whatever happens with all 3 it will cost the club something to move them on as Chesterfield found with Dodds. we will probably end up losing 60-80% of their wages as a subsidy to another club so it won't free up substantial money for new players. Maybe one player from non-league for the combined saving from all 3.

Certainly with Lainton and Barnett they will be on steady wages for League Two level you'd imagine. I'd struggle to see anyone taking Lainton with his injury record(altho we did as mentioned!), possibly if someone needs a back up goalie but otherwise surely no chance!? Barnett possibly, his previous stats aren't too bad in some ways although he's had a poor year at Vale he could have a year or 2 in him for someone maybe at Conference level?

Davis I just don't rate at all, but if Macc were interested you never know?

Certainly with Lainton and Barnett they will be on steady wages for League Two level you'd imagine. I'd struggle to see anyone taking Lainton with his injury record(altho we did as mentioned!), possibly if someone needs a back up goalie but otherwise surely no chance!? Barnett possibly, his previous stats aren't too bad in some ways although he's had a poor year at Vale he could have a year or 2 in him for someone maybe at Conference level?

Davis I just don't rate at all, but if Macc were interested you never know?

Davis will find a club because he's still quite young. Macc possibly - maybe Grimsby with his brother being there?

Barnett might do because he's not got a bad record but he doesn't look a good striker.

Anyone must be mad to sign Lainton. He might be a good keeper but when you worry every time he makes a save about injury it's not ideal.

Of course, if any scouts are reading this, they're all fantastic.

So I think this is how we stand going in to pre-season. Have I missed anyone?

GK

Brown

Hornby

Defence

Gibbons

Vassall

Legge

Rawlinson

Smith

Montano

Midfield

Worrall

Hannant

Pugh

Tonge

Kay

Joyce

Oyeleke

Daniels

Calverley

Forward

Pope

Miller

Dodds (Loan)

Kanu (Loan)

Angus

Benns

Transfer Listed

Lainton

Davis

Barnett

Out on Loan

Turner

If Smith signs (I'm hoping he does) that puts the current crop at 27 - but that includes the transfer-listed trio. Without them, there's room for one more - perhaps some left back cover on loan - and that'll be pretty much business done. Squad looks good, I'm very happy with how it's piecing together so far.

Fantastic stuff Aspo

If Mr Forrester was offered 3K a week by anyone I would imagine he would bite their hand off

If Mr Forrester was offered 3K a week by anyone I would imagine he would bite their hand off

And probably injure himself doing it. Though I thought it was very notable how his injuries suddenly seemed to clear up as he entered the last 6 months of his contract, never to return.....:whistling:

The Smurf bashing brigade seem to have disappeared temporarily as well?

Ive not disappeared,all Smurthwaite has done is hand over the budget to two people who seem to know what they are doing,it's when he decides to sign players out of his well thumbed catalogue that the problems arise.

So I suppose it is praise for the blue one. for keeping his nose out of the transfer market.

Did you not see him play against Vale at our place? All their good moves started with him. He isn't going to be threading a ball through the eye of a needle every week, but who is at this level?!

Yes I did, and I totally agree that many of their best moves started with him and I think he is a good player. I still maintain that he is not particularly a ball playing CM. My original statement suggested that we might still have room for a centre mid with a good eye for a pass. I still stand by that.

Archived