onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Statement of intent.

melv

Guest TommyMac
I think the criticism of the bar and flats is odd as it is a good way for the club to bring in some more money

I guess it all depends on where that income stream ends up. If this is a pre-cursor to him selling the club and keeping the ground, is he going to allow the new owner to keep the income from his bar and flats? Given his form I somehow doubt it don't you.

Advert

I think the criticism of the bar and flats is odd as it is a good way for the club to bring in some more money. People asking for him to just pump more money into the team are forgetting about FFP and are the same people who are saying Vale wont be having any more of my money. Well guess what, if you wont pay then the budget will be smaller and then you can moan about that next season from a position of complete hypocrisy. I can understand he isnt liked on here and most including me would prefer someone else to have a go but to criticise everything including good ideas is just daft and is done through Smurf out blinkers. It looks a bit daft actually. A new pub in Burslem is bad for the Burslem economy? That is a new one on me! It does get a bit bizarre on here at times though :laugh:

It would be fine if we knew that the money would be going into the club.But we don't.He promised money for Aspo in the transfer window Aspo said he struggled with the finances that were available to him.It looks like Ben Whitfield is leaving.Is that due to lack of finances?A lot of fans are sick of his empty promises.We don't even know if he is selling up or staying.As for your comment a new pub being bad for Burslem economy.The people who would be in the new pub spending money could be opening that money in Burslem,adding to the Burslem economy.How often would the new pub be open?Would it be just match days?If so it would take many many years to make any money being only open for 23 league games plus a couple of cup games per season.

At least we will be able to drown our sorrows in Smurfwaite’s new pub. Overlooking the fact of course that pubs outside the ground are already struggling.

I just don’t get it. A football ground is only as valuable as the football on the pitch. Smurf won’t make any money from the former without investing in the latter.

But by owning a pub and x amount of apartments, he has an income that is independent of the football club itself. He in effect is getting the land free for these buildings, which he himself will own, NOT the football club. Also, do not forget that his family own the club shop.

These are things we know about. How many others exist, who knows ?

Who would drink in the pub? We’ve loads of decent pubs so **** that

If you want a statement of intent it’s down to Aspo. Be radical and either ditch loads or make several “available “ etc

Big week coming up but if we stick with below average, that’s where we will end

It would be fine if we knew that the money would be going into the club.But we don't.He promised money for Aspo in the transfer window Aspo said he struggled with the finances that were available to him.It looks like Ben Whitfield is leaving.Is that due to lack of finances?A lot of fans are sick of his empty promises.We don't even know if he is selling up or staying.As for your comment a new pub being bad for Burslem economy.The people who would be in the new pub spending money could be opening that money in Burslem,adding to the Burslem economy.How often would the new pub be open?Would it be just match days?If so it would take many many years to make any money being only open for 23 league games plus a couple of cup games per season.

Whitfield is probably on about £3-4k a week at Bournemouth, A: Does he want to be here? that is a pretty important question which you cant answer and B: if he does can we afford him at that rate? Probably not.

RE the January window, didnt we pay off some players to leave? that wouldnt have been in magic beans, that would have come out of the budget. I assume Aspo made those decisions.

I don't think there would be many clubs where the thought of a bar attached to the ground would be seen as a bad thing, its great for the fans, even if just away fans, it means people who may decide to stay in Boslem instead of walking up to the ground may just go in the pub by the ground and the decision to go through the turnstyle is an easier one. Of course you will probably disagree but your stance is not objective Melv. As per opening hours, if it is just open on match day and it makes the club even a small amount then how is that a bad thing?

The problem here is that Smurf wont invest in the team(imo) but will the ground,maybe his plan is coming together because even if he sells,it wont be with the ground so he will get yearly income off that,he will prob have any profits from the pub plus would also charge the club rent on the flats at a guess..he doesn't need the club but he has ALWAYS needed the ground

Whitfield is probably on about £3-4k a week at Bournemouth, A: Does he want to be here? that is a pretty important question which you cant answer and B: if he does can we afford him at that rate? Probably not.

RE the January window, didnt we pay off some players to leave? that wouldnt have been in magic beans, that would have come out of the budget. I assume Aspo made those decisions.

I don't think there would be many clubs where the thought of a bar attached to the ground would be seen as a bad thing, its great for the fans, even if just away fans, it means people who may decide to stay in Boslem instead of walking up to the ground may just go in the pub by the ground and the decision to go through the turnstyle is an easier one. Of course you will probably disagree but your stance is not onjective Melv. As per opening hours, if it is just open on match day and it makes the club even a small amount then how is that a bad thing?

But, as I’ve stated in a previous post, you can bet your bottom dollar that Smurfthwaite will own the pub and consequently take ANY profits taken.

If Vale got the money I would agree with you. But in reality of course we won’t.

I just wonder what Smurthwaite is planing for next season for the VALE ???? More of the same . He will not sell port vale . At any price . Aspin will need a money to build a new team . What's this all about Flats and a pub . Is this going to help Port vale football club .

is it **** all it will do is help that BBC.

I don't think there would be many clubs where the thought of a bar attached to the ground would be seen as a bad thing, its great for the fans, even if just away fans, it means people who may decide to stay in Boslem instead of walking up to the ground may just go in the pub by the ground and the decision to go through the turnstyle is an easier one. Of course you will probably disagree but your stance is not objective Melv. As per opening hours, if it is just open on match day and it makes the club even a small amount then how is that a bad thing?

Didnt Smurf say that he had made mistakes and would pay up the contracts out of his own pocket and not out of the budget?

It looks a bit daft actually. A new pub in Burslem is bad for the Burslem economy? That is a new one on me! It does get a bit bizarre on here at times though

If fans are drinking in Smurfs new pub they will be spending money in there and not actually in Burslem.

Didnt Smurf say that he had made mistakes and would pay up the contracts out of his own pocket and not out of the budget?

It looks a bit daft actually. A new pub in Burslem is bad for the Burslem economy? That is a new one on me! It does get a bit bizarre on here at times though

If fans are drinking in Smurfs new pub they will be spending money in there and not actually in Burslem.

Don't you feel a bit daft taking Smurfs words as the truth after all this time?

I thought Vale Park was in Burslem. My mistake!

My take on it is I was under the impression it was not so much a pub but more a decent covered bar for the Railway side of the ground, if it turns out anything like Barnets then it will be a great facility.the flats I thought were for loan players or new players until they find their own accommodation thus not spending on rooms at the George hotel etc. Which will save the club money and would look a lot better in that corner than what’s there now. Which imo all raises the image of the ground.

I guess it all depends on where that income stream ends up. If this is a pre-cursor to him selling the club and keeping the ground, is he going to allow the new owner to keep the income from his bar and flats? Given his form I somehow doubt it don't you.

The awful thought that occurs to me is that this part of Fradley’s bid for the club. He buys the club, runs it on a shoe string, while Norman keeps the ground, developing it to bring in every conceivable revenue stream. We then end up with an impecunious owner, with little or nowt to put into the club, while the income generating potential of the club is realised and trousered by Norman, keeping the club in poverty. As bad as Norman is, this would be worse. I truly hope I’m wrong.

The strange thing , there was a q&A not so long ago and nothing seemed to be mentioned about planning on/off the pitch -

It would be nice to here good vibes followed by good action but suspect this aint going to happen which needs to be done for the hope for next season, this coming season is literally make or break for our owner and his intentions because if he doesn't back the manager we will be worse off next year than this and lets face it 1 goal and 1 point we aint got any leeway.

Time for our owner to say what your aims are and how you are going to go about it- then do it- no more excuses no more crap the team needs sorting .

Saw the Rochdale game yesterday , the cameras panned to their chairman he kept checking his watch then his phone for other scores, the commentator said he is a Rochdale fan and along with the rest of the 7 owners who own the club want the best for Rochdale , they spend 50% of their income on the team and make sure they are never in debt like times gone by and run to a plan...sounds like a good idea

over to you owner we wait for your action

Archived