onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Statement of intent.

melv

Advert

The idea that Norm, a multimillionaire needs to build flats and a pub for some extra income for himself is absurd.

Not really mate, money makes money and those that have only want more its their driver- will be interesting to see out it pans out ,

a) great for the club saving money re-invested in the team helping us all to achieve our goals

or

B) great for the owner as his investment is gaining more money thus paying for itself at the expense of the club and who knows could be the start of his intentions to turn vale park into a building project - flats, pub might be easier to gain further planning permission should anything happen to the club ( weren't the flats originally private but had to be changed to commercial for permission)

time will tell and next season could be the start of the thin end of the wedge or it could be the start of a great renaissance

all we have is the past to judge the future

The idea that Norm, a multimillionaire needs to build flats and a pub for some extra income for himself is absurd.

So whats your take on the decision don't say that it's being done for the benefit of the club and it's supporters because if that's your reasoning then you need psychiatric care.

If you think that Smurfthwaite isn’t interested in making money, then perhaps you could explain why he himself owns the ground and not the football club.

I value all people’s opinion, but if you seriously think that The Blue One has the Vale’s interest at heart, then I fear that you are sadly misguided.

Guest TommyMac

How else is he going to get anywhere near his money back?

How else is he going to get anywhere near his money back?

Maybe if he lives till he is 150 he might make half of it back from a pub open for 23 days a year for a few hours at a time.

Also rental prices in Burslem are hardly West London prices are they? Still though if the echo chamber has made its mind up. Time will tell but it just doesn't make sense.

If you think that Smurfthwaite isn’t interested in making money, then perhaps you could explain why he himself owns the ground and not the football club.

I value all people’s opinion, but if you seriously think that The Blue One has the Vale’s interest at heart, then I fear that you are sadly misguided.

Time will tell.

Guest TommyMac
Maybe if he lives till he is 150 he might make half of it back from a pub open for 23 days a year for a few hours at a time.

Also rental prices in Burslem are hardly West London prices are they? Still though if the echo chamber has made its mind up. Time will tell but it just doesn't make sense.

Pssst, our secret, property is the best long term investment you can make. That's free advice from someone not still wet behind the ears.

Ok. Think about the timing. During the clubs lowest ebb, fighting for it's football league status, Smurthwaite was drawing up these plans. The planning app for the pub was submitted in Jan / Feb. Smack bang through a transfer window, he's thinking of throwing money at his asset. No mention of this at the q+a (which took place after it was submitted), he raised it on RS. Not only that, it also transpired that he's entering exclusivity, and not with anyone, with someone who can't afford the ground. Forget the offers from Synectics (who can afford the ground), he decides he may sell to someone who can't...not only that, he says he feels it's only right he retains ownership of the ground "for the good of the community".

All of the above is fact, surely it makes Smurthwaite's intentions extremely questionable.

He will add the pub and flats to his company loans.

He is able to squirrel money away from the club and then say he is losing money and add that to his loans.

That’s why no one can make any sense from the accounts.

If the pub is only open on match days there is no way he will get his money back unless he uses it as a lap dancing club on other nights (don’t forget. I mentioned it first).

Who is going to walk all the way up Hamil Road out of Burslem on a cold Friday night.At least him and Fradley will benefit from it.

Guest Vale at home

Just my opinion . I Think smitwaite . Wants to build a pub and flats . As when HE ( Smithwaite ) puts port vale football club .out of the Leauge . Due to No investment for players or the club . He can then go with fradly . to the Stoke on Trent city council And say .we want to build Afordable Houseing on The Port vale Ground . I can see it now .. vale walk . Portvale road . I Love Port vale .

I can accept that Smurf as owner wants to develop the financial potential of the stadium.

If I put my most sceptical hat on. I have concern about Smurf separating the stadium from the football club and developing residential and commercial facilities. I am concerned that he could crash the football club and then having set a planning precedent change the use of the land and redevelop. I know enough about planning law to realise this is unlikely. But I come back to Tuesday with the retained list and the next few weeks and I watching to see what the mindset of Smurf really is. Is he a genuine owner, who has made a few mistakes or one who is a really major problem to the future of the whole club.

Even more absurd when you consider that he's building them on Vale park.

If it is true that he is doing this for personal gain and no other reason, then he has simply lost his mind. I don't believe that this is the case. At first glance it looks to me like he is trying to be innovative, he's trying to improve the club (and therefore his investment, granted).

https://www.zoopla.co.uk/to-rent/flats/burslem/

Maybe if he was knocking the Hamil Road down and building a full on tower block I'd think he was in it for himself.

Archived