onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Statement of intent.

melv

Some of the major issues i think people need to also consider (as well as the owner being a bell is these)-

Brown wasted a pretty decent budget last year, once it is spent you cant unspend it. Now that comes to two people to point blame for me Garlick and Brown. Brown should never have been allowed to go wild and start signing all sorts and bringing in a huge squad from day 1 and Garlick should be the person under fire for allowing it. Hes got experience in football, his job is to manage the figures and do deals and he obviously either got it wrong himself or he believed what Brown told him (massively naive). In Smurfs defence here he given a budget and its wasted, attendances started to drop and the money coming in is even less. When you have a squad of 30 plus pros and a drop in income its hard to justify spending more.

The January window- peoples understanding of the window is completely out of touch with reality. This is the last chance saloon for teams, everyone has to do their business within a month across all the pro leagues in the UK. As a result its supply and demand, every club knows that anyone trying to bring in players is either desperate for promotion or desperate to avoid relegation. Hence you arent going to bring in top players unless you pay ridiculous prices and wages. Players mentioned really weren't worth big wages Gunning is a lower league 2 defender at best and to offer him high wages for 2 years is crazy as its likely he wouldn't even be starter next season, same with other names banded about. I think the business done in January was about right and people really need to get a grip of the long term implications of panic buying in January. Chesterfield are the prime example... relegated and likely to have large wages to pay in the conference next year...If they don't go in to administration next year and be relegated automatically again id be very shocked. As a result they may well be in the wilderness for sometime.

The moral of the story for me Garlick and Brown are far more culpable for last years f up than Smurf. He needs to go, hes not a likeable character (also loves telling a porkie now and again too), but he gave a good budget and was let down by his management staff. for me both Brown and Garlick would have gone.

Advert

Guest Vale at home
No that is what an arrogant ***** does.

I do agree, with the man in the pub . You can not Trust Smithwaite too say any thing . Good about Port vale . The only thing he keeps telling the vale fans . Is that we have no money ..He never tell the Truth . About any thing . Good Luck . Neal . For the forth coming season .

Some of the major issues i think people need to also consider (as well as the owner being a bell is these)-

Brown wasted a pretty decent budget last year, once it is spent you cant unspend it. Now that comes to two people to point blame for me Garlick and Brown. Brown should never have been allowed to go wild and start signing all sorts and bringing in a huge squad from day 1 and Garlick should be the person under fire for allowing it. Hes got experience in football, his job is to manage the figures and do deals and he obviously either got it wrong himself or he believed what Brown told him (massively naive). In Smurfs defence here he given a budget and its wasted, attendances started to drop and the money coming in is even less. When you have a squad of 30 plus pros and a drop in income its hard to justify spending more.

The January window- peoples understanding of the window is completely out of touch with reality. This is the last chance saloon for teams, everyone has to do their business within a month across all the pro leagues in the UK. As a result its supply and demand, every club knows that anyone trying to bring in players is either desperate for promotion or desperate to avoid relegation. Hence you arent going to bring in top players unless you pay ridiculous prices and wages. Players mentioned really weren't worth big wages Gunning is a lower league 2 defender at best and to offer him high wages for 2 years is crazy as its likely he wouldn't even be starter next season, same with other names banded about. I think the business done in January was about right and people really need to get a grip of the long term implications of panic buying in January. Chesterfield are the prime example... relegated and likely to have large wages to pay in the conference next year...If they don't go in to administration next year and be relegated automatically again id be very shocked. As a result they may well be in the wilderness for sometime.

The moral of the story for me Garlick and Brown are far more culpable for last years f up than Smurf. He needs to go, hes not a likeable character (also loves telling a porkie now and again too), but he gave a good budget and was let down by his management staff. for me both Brown and Garlick would have gone.

Remind me who appointed them both?

Remind me who appointed them both?

lets just remember though that this is someone who admittedly has no idea about football and appointed an experienced CEO. The only issue with it I have is if someone had just wasted a couple of million quid of mine they wouldnt still be here. It still beggars belief that Garlick emerges from these scenarios with a job and without any major flack

lets just remember though that this is someone who admittedly has no idea about football and appointed an experienced CEO. The only issue with it I have is if someone had just wasted a couple of million quid of mine they wouldnt still be here. It still beggars belief that Garlick emerges from these scenarios with a job and without any major flack

Before Garlick was appointed people were crying out for a CEO to be appointed.

I'd like to know if we are getting value for money. (I'm not suggesting that we're not, I'm genuinely interested).

Has anyone noticed,how we seem to mirror Notts County.Smallest club in the city.Tried overseas manager and players.Got relegated.Nearly went into conference.Then got a grip and ended up in the playoffs.All bodes well for the comming season.VTID.

Has anyone noticed,how we seem to mirror Notts County.Smallest club in the city.Tried overseas manager and players.Got relegated.Nearly went into conference.Then got a grip and ended up in the playoffs.All bodes well for the comming season.VTID.
Yes, and within the month will know whether we will win the POs or not ?

I imagine it would depend on the level of autonomy he's given by the owner.

It certainly would have been hard for him to veto any signings by the first team manager.

I think really it’s about being good at your job and commanding respect. If he went to Smurf and said Brown in his opinion was not getting quality players and wasting his money I’m sure he would listen

In the same breath surely he should be turning to Brown and saying what’s the plan, do we need a squad this big and is this player really needed. Surely Brown would have to justify each signing to his boss on Garlick? As surely Garlick would have to justify this in turn to Smurf who is paying?

I think really it’s about being good at your job and commanding respect. If he went to Smurf and said Brown in his opinion was not getting quality players and wasting his money I’m sure he would listen

In the same breath surely he should be turning to Brown and saying what’s the plan, do we need a squad this big and is this player really needed. Surely Brown would have to justify each signing to his boss on Garlick? As surely Garlick would have to justify this in turn to Smurf who is paying?

I'm not sure about Garlick ,he's supposed to know about football but why ok all the loan signings because that in itself would put the parent clubs on their guard for any future requests.

I'm not sure about Garlick ,he's supposed to know about football but why ok all the loan signings because that in itself would put the parent clubs on their guard for any future requests.

Exactly I think he’s as much at fault as Brown and NS

Archived