onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Statement of intent.

melv

Is it just me being cynical ? or does anyone else think the reason behind Norman's plans to build a pub,is because he intends to turn us in to a decent pub team.

With the team at present they would not get a starting place in the pub team. Let alone even drink at the pub. No doubt some of them would end up at the wrong pub and the others would hit the door on the way in. Interesting times to see who these so called people are who want to buy Vale - gambling people would say the blue one will be here next season and dish out the same as this year.

Advert

Guest Vale at home
With the team at present they would not get a starting place in the pub team. Let alone even drink at the pub. No doubt some of them would end up at the wrong pub and the others would hit the door on the way in. Interesting times to see who these so called people are who want to buy Vale - gambling people would say the blue one will be here next season and dish out the same as this year.

Yes , I do agree with you . Vale need players to be Fit, strong . Work Hard . And want to play for port vale . Next season .

Yes , I do agree with you . Vale need players to be Fit, strong . Work Hard . And want to play for port vale . Next season .

Non of which is actually down to Smurf.. Blackpool and Coventry have proved it's about players and manager..not owners...Accrington,Wycombe,Macclesfield,Wimbledon and Rochdale prove it's not about budgets.(again managers and players)I just hope Aspo is the man..today was conference North...

Quote Originally Posted by PVFC764 View Post

"With the team at present they would not get a starting place in the pub team. Let alone even drink at the pub. No doubt some of them would end up at the wrong pub and the others would hit the door on the way in."

....I take it that wouldn't be a barn door, as most of our players couldn't hit that in a month of Sundays.

It was on RS yesterday that planning application has been submitted for the flats in the Lorne st Hamil corner.

Not even Norman would be daft enough to splash out on that then sell up, so I don’t think he’s going anywhere.

It seems patently obvious to me what The Blue One is up to with the pub, apartments, club shop etc.

All these locations will remain in his own personal family ownership and SHOULD he ever sell, these will NOT be included in the sale.

He would then use this to try and get more leverage to get his ridiculous asking price by asking potential buyers to purchase these “properties” also. Or failing this, simply sell or lease these so as if he should leave, Vale will still be providing him with an income long after he’s gone.

But in reality like you say, he ain’t going anywhere. Other than to the bank to deposit his monthly income he receives off the Vale.

It was on RS yesterday that planning application has been submitted for the flats in the Lorne st Hamil corner.

Not even Norman would be daft enough to splash out on that then sell up, so I don’t think he’s going anywhere.

He will get more income as rent out of it.A nice little nest egg for the spoon selling entrepreneur.

Guest Vale at home
Everything is ultimately down to Mr Smurthwaite. He owns the club.

I just wonder what Smurthwaite is planing for next season for the VALE ???? More of the same . He will not sell port vale . At any price . Aspin will need a money to build a new team . What's this all about Flats and a pub . Is this going to help Port vale football club .

We are at a very low ebb in the history of Port Vale. Fantastic support means zilch to Smurthwaite or the players(except maybe 1 or 2). For any glimmer of hope for our future there HAS to be a complete overhaul of practically everything associated with Vale. Those that believe next season will be an improvement are frankly living a lie. A fresh, new broom is necessary to sweep away every ounce of apathy and despondency. We fans can see we have a poor squad.The admin and backroom antics are non league based. I accept there are fine divides between success and failure but at present I personally cannot see any optimism at all. Sincerely hope(but realistically cannot see) we are able to improve enough at least next season to prevent any fears of going out of the league.

At least we will be able to drown our sorrows in Smurfwaite’s new pub. Overlooking the fact of course that pubs outside the ground are already struggling.

I just don’t get it. A football ground is only as valuable as the football on the pitch. Smurf won’t make any money from the former without investing in the latter.

At least we will be able to drown our sorrows in Smurfwaite’s new pub. Overlooking the fact of course that pubs outside the ground are already struggling.

I just don’t get it. A football ground is only as valuable as the football on the pitch. Smurf won’t make any money from the former without investing in the latter.

Yes,very worrying times for the Vale, as here we have the property developer, from within, encroaching on the very perimeter of the hallowed turf,holding all the cards,(and probable planning permission).A property developer who often complained about Vale fan late walk-ups from Burslem pubs, wanting a piece of the action.Great for Fans but damaging for the Burslem matchday economy.Smurfs blueprint for Vale park starting to take shape perhaps.

He won't be getting any of my money in his new pub unless he shows that he is going to put money into the club,improve the club and take the club forward not backwards.Any drinking money will be spent in Burslem where it's appreciated.

Smurf needs to get his bliddy priorities right , sod the flats and bar, pump more cash into the playing budget and put things right what you have cocked up, AGAIN. 5 year plan to the championship my ar5e.

Seeing both sides, I can see what Smurf is trying to do. Get this new build up and running and then Vale have a revenue stream coming in from the bar and facilities. Also having the flats would help cut rent going out of the club and help players settle in quicker.

On the other hand if this money is taken from the playing budget then I know what the fans would rather have. Please use the money on the players. Get a better side, winning more games and guess what the fans come back.

The next two months will be interesting to see what players come into the club.

Seeing both sides, I can see what Smurf is trying to do. Get this new build up and running and then Vale have a revenue stream coming in from the bar and facilities. Also having the flats would help cut rent going out of the club and help players settle in quicker.

On the other hand if this money is taken from the playing budget then I know what the fans would rather have. Please use the money on the players. Get a better side, winning more games and guess what the fans come back.

The next two months will be interesting to see what players come into the club.

I think the criticism of the bar and flats is odd as it is a good way for the club to bring in some more money. People asking for him to just pump more money into the team are forgetting about FFP and are the same people who are saying Vale wont be having any more of my money. Well guess what, if you wont pay then the budget will be smaller and then you can moan about that next season from a position of complete hypocrisy. I can understand he isnt liked on here and most including me would prefer someone else to have a go but to criticise everything including good ideas is just daft and is done through Smurf out blinkers. It looks a bit daft actually. A new pub in Burslem is bad for the Burslem economy? That is a new one on me! It does get a bit bizarre on here at times though :laugh:

Archived