onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Chesterfield

Fosse69

Advert

What's funny about that? It's Good Friday. If you're a committed Christian 3pm on Good Friday is a very significant time, it's the moment Christ died.

Religious belief is a personal choice but it shouldn't be belittled. Only a few years ago playing a football match at 3pm on Good Friday was unthinkable but we live in a highly secular society that no longer respects mainstream faiths.

Thanks SOTT; I did write to Our Great Leader a couple of years ago asking if it could be switched to the evening, all to no avail.

Neither does it seem to compute that for a lot of people in the Potteries area Good Friday is a normal working day as well.

You've just listed JMW alongside Vale legends. He was good, but seriously, alongside Bogie, Ainsworth, etc? Above Guppy and McCarthy too?
Yes Guppy and Mccarthy to and Nicky C ross ,Ian Taylor ,Van der laan Andy Porter .

I just liked JMW i thought he was terrific along with Vincent on other flank ,that goal v Aldershot when we played abysmally a few years ago a great goal .

Remember he was part of the promotion team who played for nothing till smurf wildes come in .

Doddsy to he popped up with some lovely goals for Vale .

Current team someone step up please Hannant possibly UTV

On both games we need to have our defence airtight because as inconsistent as both our opponents are they have proved they can score goals. Something we have proved unable to do. Since 1st of Jan we have played 14 League games and scored 12 goals, less than 1 goal per game. Lets be honest if an opponent scores 2 goals against us with our current strike force there is no way back. Appreciate we came back against Stevenage but would suggest the weather during the second half of that game was a great leveller and got us back in it.

Hope our strikers prove me wrong but they can only talk a good game on Radio Sjoke , certainly no one has shown the ability to do that on the pitch, Mr Pope excluded. The lack of effort( a minimum requirement according to Aspin) is all too obvious . I wish Anton Forrester could sit on the terraces and watch Anton Forrester play, it would save him the embarrassment of spouting the crap he does when interviewed concerning his assessment of his own talent.

Lets be honest whilst a win would be good, a point in each game over the easter break would not be bad at all. Use up another two games, could keep the gap at 5-6 points and mean Chesterfield dont get any momentum. They have Newport and Grimsby there games after us. So a draw betweeen them and grimsby would pretty much keep them in major trouble and newport arent a bad side either.

Lets be honest whilst a win would be good, a point in each game over the easter break would not be bad at all. Use up another two games, could keep the gap at 5-6 points and mean Chesterfield dont get any momentum. They have Newport and Grimsby there games after us. So a draw betweeen them and grimsby would pretty much keep them in major trouble and newport arent a bad side either.

A draw in each would be *ok*, issue is we have Crawley, Lincoln, Mansfield, Carlisle & Cambridge left after. I understand that this weekend both will probably be tight games, but if we can't beat at least one of them whilst the pressure is on & we are desperately in need of a win, how are we going to get one against any of the rest following this?

I'm of the opinion that Chesterfield is the bigger/more important game, praying for a win. If we did that, it would set the Monday game up nicely & take away a bit of the tension. Lose & it will heap on pressure which could cause chaos on & off the pitch should we go behind (or even lose again) against Crewe.

A draw in each would be *ok*, issue is we have Crawley, Lincoln, Mansfield, Carlisle & Cambridge left after. I understand that this weekend both will probably be tight games, but if we can't beat at least one of them whilst the pressure is on & we are desperately in need of a win, how are we going to get one against any of the rest following this?

I'm of the opinion that Chesterfield is the bigger/more important game, praying for a win. If we did that, it would set the Monday game up nicely & take away a bit of the tension. Lose & it will heap on pressure which could cause chaos should we go behind (or even lose again) against Crewe.

Yeah it is tricky for us, I’ll be honest I was convinced that we were fine but chesterfields upturn in Form is worrying as is our inability to get over the line. £10 on Dodds to score Saturday too. Crewe game is lost for me, we haven’t turned up at their place for 10 years and done anything, we always bottle it and once more they hit a purple patch just before playing us

Yeah it is tricky for us, I’ll be honest I was convinced that we were fine but chesterfields upturn in Form is worrying as is our inability to get over the line. £10 on Dodds to score Saturday too. Crewe game is lost for me, we haven’t turned up at their place for 10 years and done anything, we always bottle it and once more they hit a purple patch just before playing us

In the last 10 years weve won at Crewe 3 times and lost twice with 2 draws..

What's funny about that? It's Good Friday. If you're a committed Christian 3pm on Good Friday is a very significant time, it's the moment Christ died.

Religious belief is a personal choice but it shouldn't be belittled. Only a few years ago playing a football match at 3pm on Good Friday was unthinkable but we live in a highly secular society that no longer respects mainstream faiths.

In the 50s KO on Good Friday was usually 5.30 if my memory still works, whereas usual KO on Saturday was 3.15 to allow people to get from the pub after they closed at 3.00. Times have changed in many ways.

In the 50s KO on Good Friday was usually 5.30 if my memory still works, whereas usual KO on Saturday was 3.15 to allow people to get from the pub after they closed at 3.00. Times have changed in many ways.

Yeah most of the pubs have shut for good now :wink:

Archived