onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Chesterfield

Fosse69

What's with all the mega-negativity? We might not have a very good side but neither have Chesterfield, just because they've beaten a Notts County side who absolutely gifted them three goals it doesn't mean they've suddenly turned into Barcelona.

If Vale play like they did against Exeter and, by all accounts, Wycombe then we'll beat Chesterfield and shift the pressure right back on to them, Barnet and Grimsby. I'm taking nothing for granted but I expect commitment and a professional attitude from the Vale team.

Advert

A win here is crucial as Grimsby host a disinterested and poor Stevenage side... it we win it counters them winning and also if they fail opens the gap on them too. We need to come out of these two with us out of the equation really as our run in is mixed to say the least.

Play as we have recently we should be good for avoiding defeat at least on Friday... if we have Pope back and can get half the 40 crosses we managed against Exeter we will win the game.

Notts were dire today so hard to judge Chesterfield. They were gifted the goals especially the second and Notts played a dire brand of hoofball to two static forwards... we need to have energy in that midfield.

Chesterfield are there for a reason and have the worst away record. Losing is unthinkable.

I can't go as I'm working and only got 3 flexi days a year and not wasting one for this game when I have all the following week off. Just to let you all know though these are the results from the home games i have missed this season due to working port vale 0 Notts county 1 port vale 1 Accrington 2 port vale 0 Mansfield 4 port vale 0 Exeter 1 so congratulations on your win chesterfield.

If Chesterfield beat us and Grimsby win Friday then we are right upto our necks in it.

Its all ifs and buts at the mo. Were hard to beat at home under Aspin so i dont expect us to lose this one. 4 points over easter will see us home and dry.

A win here is crucial as Grimsby host a disinterested and poor Stevenage side... it we win it counters them winning and also if they fail opens the gap on them too. We need to come out of these two with us out of the equation really as our run in is mixed to say the least.

Play as we have recently we should be good for avoiding defeat at least on Friday... if we have Pope back and can get half the 40 crosses we managed against Exeter we will win the game.

Notts were dire today so hard to judge Chesterfield. They were gifted the goals especially the second and Notts played a dire brand of hoofball to two static forwards... we need to have energy in that midfield.

Chesterfield are there for a reason and have the worst away record. Losing is unthinkable.

You are correct, Chesterfield are at the bottom for a reason

however :

2018 has seen them win x 4 games - we have won x 0

They have games against the x 5 teams at the bottom of league

Today they played very well, admittedely against a poor performance from Notts County [ Dicko and Duffy were again poor and involved in conceding goals ]

They have a goalscorer - Dennis

Their midfield is lively and covers the ground well

Two center backs looked strong

Talbot at full back supports the attack well

Goalie at fault earlier in season but seems to have settled now

Their overall game was full of committment

I hope it was todays ' derby game ' that brought out this performance but i do feel we need an exceptional performance ourselves on Friday if we are to win.

Can we do it ?

I honestly dont see what they have in their team in our's

Hope Neil works some magic !!!

This morning we were 8 points above relegation spot

Now, realistically i think we are 2 points above.

In 2018 we have played teams around us but we have not beaten any of them.

Our current results tells me that we have to improve massively to take the points we need over Easter.

To me 4 points is a must

Imagine we draw/lose v Chesterfield and we go to Gresty Road basically needing a win to stay alive.

I've never been bothered by the Crewe Derby but Christ it's gonna be tense.

I remember going there when we were last in the Championship in 2000 and we had to win as both teams were in the bottom 3 i think, and we lost and they scored in the last minute. Obviously we went down and they stayed up. Theirs more at stake nowadays.lol

It looks like the team that drew at Wycombe deserves to start and in particular the defence and goalkeeper answered the questions. If we could win both that will nearly get us safe. If we win and draw, that is walking the path positively. Two draws is using up the remaining games in a stable way. But lose and draw and lose and lose and we are in big trouble.

I think the main thing above all else is not make individual errors that lead to goals against because we don't have more than a goal in our tank. The other thing is be physical with Crewe, they are built around intercepting the ball and can't tackle lacking physicality.

I hope our luck changes, it may come down to that.

Against Chesterfield we need to start the game at high tempo, put the ball in their box and get down the flanks. I say that because it might work as a football tactic but it also the best cure for nerves. The way to increase nerves is to mess around with square passing giving the ball away. That will boost their confidence and drain ours.

This morning we were 8 points above relegation spot

Now, realistically i think we are 2 points above.

In 2018 we have played teams around us but we have not beaten any of them.

Our current results tells me that we have to improve massively to take the points we need over Easter.

To me 4 points is a must

We're technically 6 points above bottom 2 with goal difference. As long as we dont lose to Chesterfield we'll be ok..I cant wait get off the 30 odd points mark.

The tension has grown to a crescendo and we’ve not got to Monday never lone Friday. The Sheffield Travelling Valiants will be coming over through Baslow, Bakewell, Monyash, Crowdecote, Longnor, the Winking man and the Roaches with our scarves out of the back of the i10 and the Spirites following in our wake. Cmon you Mighty Whites.

The tension has grown to a crescendo and we’ve not got to Monday never lone Friday. The Sheffield Travelling Valiants will be coming over through Baslow, Bakewell, Monyash, Crowdecote, Longnor, the Winking man and the Roaches with our scarves out of the back of the i10 and the Spirites following in our wake. Cmon you Mighty Whites.

hope the snow holds off over the hills and we win ,,would be fun journey home for u ..the alternative isn't as nice

Archived