onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Chesterfield

Fosse69

Can we all calm down a little please?

We are talking about a home game against a team below us, 2nd from bottom of the League. This is not Accrington or any other club that may appear to be better than us!

Would people prefer us to have a so called more difficult team to play on Friday?

Aspin's black and white army will prevail. We will win and it will hopefully allow some fans to have a more sedate Easter.:yes:

Past history would suggest the players will choke due to it being a massive game for Vale. If Vale manage to get a big crowd, the past history also shows they choke. Vale usually help teams that have a bad run going and play brilliantly against promotion teams.

So I can understand why fans are doubting a win or even a draw is possible.

Just hope Aspin goes for the same side which played in the 2nd half against Wycombe.

Advert

Notts County were pretty useless on yesterday's performance, however that win will really buoy up the Chesterfield squad and I'll be very surprised if they're not up for the fight on Friday!

They were pretty useless against us in both games, at VP and at their place but on both occasions they beat us. That I think is the difference.

A lot have said the same. Stoke fans here at work this morning keen on watching but put off by £22. Its a Friday there could be snow around the edge of the pitch it is just 7 days earlier than the Burton fixture, away fans coming from the same sort of area with probably the same amount of fans. We have 4 home games to keep our league status. Wake up Norman and get the place rocking !!!!
Its 20 quid if you pre buy before fri but means making two journeys .

I agree id say knock the prices down for bycars and away end there is no excuse for not maximising every penny you can out of this game .

Its massive Port Vales whole existence is at stake .

Yet a team who aint won a game since Luton 31st Dec and folk will not pay 22 /23 watch what our players produce ,they just wont its hard enough get folk interested in Vale as it is all i ever hear is folk mocking and belittling them and what makes it worse is that our players continue with there ineptness and lack of winning mentality allow that to happen .

When are they going stand up for our support .

No excuses get the prices down im.a season ticket holder and i want folk there .

Especially newbies and cheap ticket fans as it just shows what a very poor area staffordshire is .

Look at Stoke dont put there prices up what is it 8 years in a row is it .

Get folk in the ground and get behind the team .

Its 20 quid if you pre buy before fri but means making two journeys .

I agree id say knock the prices down for bycars and away end there is no excuse for not maximising every penny you can out of this game .

Its massive Port Vales whole existence is at stake .

Yet a team who aint won a game since Luton 31st Dec and folk will not pay 22 /23 watch what our players produce ,they just wont its hard enough get folk interested in Vale as it is all i ever hear is folk mocking and belittling them and what makes it worse is that our players continue with there ineptness and lack of winning mentality allow that to happen .

When are they going stand up for our support .

No excuses get the prices down im.a season ticket holder and i want folk there .

Especially newbies and cheap ticket fans as it just shows what a very poor area staffordshire is .

Look at Stoke dont put there prices up what is it 8 years in a row is it .

Get folk in the ground and get behind the team .

I appreciate not everyone has the owd T'Internet, but you can print your own ticket off on a piece of paper at 20 quid a pop if brought before the day of the game. You do not have to go to the ticket office if you do it this way.

Chesterfield will go with the attitude of nothing to lose so will go for the win. I hope we don’t set up for the draw we also need to go for it. This could be the longest 90 minutes of my life.

I hope they do come for the win. Vales problems have been breaking down teams who come to defend. Luton came for the win and it helped Vale in finding more room in the attacking half.

The belief in Chesterfield's camp is going to be greater than in Vale's. Vale can't win even when they outplay the opposition.

If the elusive win does not come over the Easter period Vale have to be favourites to go down.

Their away record is awful and they have got 6 away matches left. I don't think they will have the same belief in the away games.

I hope they do come for the win. Vales problems have been breaking down teams who come to defend. Luton came for the win and it helped Vale in finding more room in the attacking half.

This isn't a pop at you mate but i don't quite get this teams who come to defend ?

Stevenage were 2-0 up not the sign of a defensive side.

Morecambe arguably had the better efforts albeit in a drab game.

Colchester was 2-2 again not a defensive away performance. ( but a lot of timewasting i grant you )

Do teams really come to Vale and just defend ? We have the 3rd worst home record in the division and are 4th bottom, i can understand teams going to Luton to defend or Wycombe ( as we did ) but really do teams come to defend at Vale?

Maybe it's just my different perception on things but many a game we could and should of been 3-0 down before we even got out of the blocks.

On both games we need to have our defence airtight because as inconsistent as both our opponents are they have proved they can score goals. Something we have proved unable to do. Since 1st of Jan we have played 14 League games and scored 12 goals, less than 1 goal per game. Lets be honest if an opponent scores 2 goals against us with our current strike force there is no way back. Appreciate we came back against Stevenage but would suggest the weather during the second half of that game was a great leveller and got us back in it.

Hope our strikers prove me wrong but they can only talk a good game on Radio Sjoke , certainly no one has shown the ability to do that on the pitch, Mr Pope excluded. The lack of effort( a minimum requirement according to Aspin) is all too obvious . I wish Anton Forrester could sit on the terraces and watch Anton Forrester play, it would save him the embarrassment of spouting the crap he does when interviewed concerning his assessment of his own talent.

Boot is our best option but having seen the highlights I'm fairly skeptical of the acclaim he's received.

He's made 4/5 decent saves but if any of them go in questions are being asked of any professional goalkeeper. He also appears to balls up in not coming for a ball when their lad goes on a run and there's a shout for a penalty there.

I still don't see him as our long term option in the nets. He's done a job for us but imo first priority should we survive is a keeper in the Chris Neal mould; seasons of experience at this level and someone the defence has confidence in.

Would be great to see Boot prove me wrong, I'm just never comfortable with him in goal.

Coming back from Bahrain for this game, I mentioned on another thread I hope the weather warms up otherwise I'll have to wear my gloves, then I'll be in trouble!

Oh no. We always seem to lose when somebody has come from a long distance because they are always the first ones I feel sorry for

Archived