onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

The Run in

Quebec_Valiant

Think we have one of the tougher run in's playing three teams still involved in the playoffs (Lincoln, Mansfield and Carlisle). We definitely do not want to leave it until the last game of the season at Cambridge, where we were more or less relegated on the last match day but one in 1992. So we need to get points at Crewe and home to Crawley to give ourselves some breathing space. All those six pointers in the relegation zone make me nervous!

Advert

Think we have one of the tougher run in's playing three teams still involved in the playoffs (Lincoln, Mansfield and Carlisle). We definitely do not want to leave it until the last game of the season at Cambridge, where we were more or less relegated on the last match day but one in 1992. So we need to get points at Crewe and home to Crawley to give ourselves some breathing space. All those six pointers in the relegation zone make me nervous!

If we beat the Railway children, I don’t think it will matter if we don’t pick up any more points, though obviously would like it if we did.

I've run the fishy calculator a few (more than is healthy)times and it always seems to end up with Barnet going down but Chesterfield and Grimsby sometimes switch places for 2nd bottom. I've seen chesterfield finish above us but never with us in the bottom 2. Hope this is accurate but I'm worried about what this exercise says about my state of mind.

feel free to join me https://thefishy.co.uk/calc.php

4-6 points should do it for us starting with at least a point against Crewe on Monday, please. Had we not thrown away the win against Grimsby a few weeks back we’d be virtually safe now.

It will be 2 for Grimsby, Forest Green, Chesterfield and Barnet. I think all of those 4 still have to play each other as well.

Barnet's last six games are all winnable,Stevenage,FGR,Grimsby,Newport, Morecambe and Chesterfield?

With a win under our belt, confidence restored and over 2000 Vale away fans we'll smash the Nonces on Monday.

Yeah I feel so much better about Crewe now, was fearing the worst after our run and their recent up turn but a shocking display from them apparently, and the fight from us yesterday. 2000 baying vale fans reminding them about their duty of care towards youth team players, I think we will smash them as well.

Barnet's last six games are all winnable,Stevenage,FGR,Grimsby,Newport, Morecambe and Chesterfield?

Barnet have won 8 games out of 40. They now need 3 wins and a draw in the last 6 to get past us assuming that we don't get another point. Even the most optimistic Barnet supporter is unlikely to see that happening.

Barnet have won 8 games out of 40. They now need 3 wins and a draw in the last 6 to get past us assuming that we don't get another point. Even the most optimistic Barnet supporter is unlikely to see that happening.

I'm not too sure, appreciate what's gone on before but that's not impossible with the games that they have left. The good thing I guess is that a they're also playing teams that are fighting for their lives they'll also be busting a gut to get the points. However I've just done the Fishy and have them and Chesterfield going down, us 5th bottom and I'm generally a little pessimistic when it comes to Vale.

I'm not too sure, appreciate what's gone on before but that's not impossible with the games that they have left. The good thing I guess is that a they're also playing teams that are fighting for their lives they'll also be busting a gut to get the points. However I've just done the Fishy and have them and Chesterfield going down, us 5th bottom and I'm generally a little pessimistic when it comes to Vale.

I have developed an unhealthy obsession with the fishy league. Having run it many times the most points I have seen the team 2nd from bottom get is 43 but that only happened once. Usually 42 + GD is enough.

Also I remember the fact that we were awful because we couldn't beat teams like Grimsby and Barnet. Now we are worried that they will become world beaters. While it doesn't make sense it is playing on my mind too.

Before yesterday I was convinced that a win would see us safe, despite other results going largely our way I now feel like we need another couple of points.

I will probably feel like that until we are mathematically safe.

I had removed Yeovil from relegation contention on the basis that they had reached 42 points but their run in is probably the toughest of all.

Monday 2nd April

Coventry City Vs Yeovil Town

Saturday 7th April

Yeovil Town Vs Luton Town

Tuesday 10th April

Swindon Town Vs Yeovil Town

Saturday 14th April

Yeovil Town Vs Wycombe Wanderers

Tuesday 17th April

Accrington Stanley Vs Yeovil Town

Saturday 21st April

Notts County Vs Yeovil Town