onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

The Run in

Quebec_Valiant

After tonight's defeat at Exeter, Chesterfield face a monumental task but they could, theoretically, still do it, starting with a win away to FGR on Satdee. Tall order but I'd much prefer Chesterfield - a proper league club who've been good opponents over the years - to stay up and FGR and Barnet to go down. Now that we're all but safe, the run in has taken on a fascinating, rather than terrifying, aspect. It will be very interesting to see how it unfolds!

Advert

After tonight's defeat at Exeter, Chesterfield face a monumental task but they could, theoretically, still do it, starting with a win away to FGR on Satdee. Tall order but I'd much prefer Chesterfield - a proper league club who've been good opponents over the years - to stay up and FGR and Barnet to go down. Now that we're all but safe, the run in has taken on a fascinating, rather than terrifying, aspect. It will be very interesting to see how it unfolds!

Wouldn't be sad to see the back of Grimsby either, rather them and FGR go down than either Chesterfield or Barnet and yes I know it's not possible, shame really.

It's a shame but we look like swopping Chesterfield for Macc.Town,who need just one more win to secure the National League Championship.
It's a shame to lose Chesterfield but I'm glad Macc are coming up. It's a very convenient trip for me from where I live and I know a few lads who used to play for them.

They're actually older than us, formed in 1874, which is a great piece of football trivia!

It's a shame but we look like swopping Chesterfield for Macc.Town,who need just one more win to secure the National League Championship.

Dodgy has another year on his contract so will enjoy warming the bench in the Conference.He actually made an appearance in the team last night a rare opportunity but same result.

As bad as we've had it over the last couple of years, you have to spare a thought for Chesterfield, who've matched us and then some.

I think Chesterfield were in the playoffs to get into the Championship just three seasons ago....Amazing fall from grace and a warning to us all....

As bad as we've had it over the last couple of years, you have to spare a thought for Chesterfield, who've matched us and then some.

I'd love to think we've bottomed out, but the more I learn about our owner the harder it is to see us progressing upwards.

Take a look back at the last time we had been relegated from league 1, the similarities in our first season back down are remarkable.

I'm not so sure we will build a team around browns signings like we eventually did with sinnotts however

We have some players we can use, although I dont recall us really being involved in the relegation battle that year despite an 18th placed finish I would argue this squad is better than that squad so some to build around such as Hannant, Smith, Worrall and Pope, got some good youngsters progressing this time too rather than say Danny Glover who wasn't quite up to EFL standard.

We have some players we can use, although I dont recall us really being involved in the relegation battle that year despite an 18th placed finish I would argue this squad is better than that squad so some to build around such as Hannant, Smith, Worrall and Pope, got some good youngsters progressing this time too rather than say Danny Glover who wasn't quite up to EFL standard.

Not forgetting,full backs Gibbons and Monty who has been a revelation since his switch to left-back.

It's a shame to lose Chesterfield but I'm glad Macc are coming up. It's a very convenient trip for me from where I live and I know a few lads who used to play for them.

They're actually older than us, formed in 1874, which is a great piece of football trivia!

Tranmere or Wrexham would be good trips as well.

Archived