onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Grimsby Town v Port Vale

Fosse69

Advert

That is the first game since Luton that we deserved to win. Their keeper was immense and kept them in the game. The only time we missed Popey was for about 10 seconds in the second half when we got that penalty. Very poor effort by Tonge - he didn't just telegraph it, he sent the keeper an email and text outlining exactly where he was going to put it. If I didn't know different I'd think it was a betting scam!

The behaviour of both sets of nutters at the end was an utter disgrace. Yes the keeper was an idiot, yes the club should have taken police advice, but when all said and done, the only people responsible for that trouble were the idiots who took part in it. They can't call themselves Vale fans because they do nothing but bring shame and extra expense on the club. After the incidents against Bolton and Sheff Utd last season I wouldn't be surprised if we get fined. It's only thanks to the West Ham ****** that this hasn't been made more of in the media.

Has anyone the statistics or the patience to check how many games this season so far, and last season in total we conceded goals after the 90mins was up? From my memory and perceptions, it must be at least 20 times out of 81 matches--anyone up for the statistical challenge? And, more importantly, whatever the actual figure, can Neil Aspin and his coaching staff please find a way to end this unwanted stat!

That is the first game since Luton that we deserved to win. Their keeper was immense and kept them in the game. The only time we missed Popey was for about 10 seconds in the second half when we got that penalty. Very poor effort by Tonge - he didn't just telegraph it, he sent the keeper an email and text outlining exactly where he was going to put it. If I didn't know different I'd think it was a betting scam!

The behaviour of both sets of nutters at the end was an utter disgrace. Yes the keeper was an idiot, yes the club should have taken police advice, but when all said and done, the only people responsible for that trouble were the idiots who took part in it. They can't call themselves Vale fans because they do nothing but bring shame and extra expense on the club. After the incidents against Bolton and Sheff Utd last season I wouldn't be surprised if we get fined. It's only thanks to the West Ham ****** that this hasn't been made more of in the media.

It was the best atmosphere in ages.

Has anyone the statistics or the patience to check how many games this season so far, and last season in total we conceded goals after the 90mins was up? From my memory and perceptions, it must be at least 20 times out of 81 matches--anyone up for the statistical challenge? And, more importantly, whatever the actual figure, can Neil Aspin and his coaching staff please find a way to end this unwanted stat!

It's less than you think. This season there's only been yesterday and Cheltenham at home which was a consolation goal for them.

Last season there was Oldham at home, Gillingham away, and late goals at home to Peterborough and Sheffield United which didn't affect the outcome of the match.

After the dogs abuse he got on here, can people accept that Montano has come into an unfamiliar role at left back and is doing a steady job the last couple of games?

I am secretly hoping he had a knock or a niggle? If he didn't it was an unbelievable substitution. He played very well, Gibbons almost within a minute of coming on gave away a poor free kick with a silly tackle and generally showed his inexperience. I like Gibbons a lot, he has definitely lost his mojo though and was suddenly playing at left back when Montano had been very steady. Totally agree with you Hagrid

If this has been mentioned before apologies, i haven't trawled through the thread.

Very little seems to of been said about the penalty award, can anyone suggest why on earth there was no card? Maybe not convinced it was a definite red but it surely merited a yellow.

Yeah I thought it deserved a card of some sort at the time.

Having watched it again, there was a covering defender who was starting to come across, but from behind the goal Forrester had plenty of the goal to aim at and would have got a shot away.

It was very strange in the context of Monty's red card at Yeovil in the cup. Perhaps REP will come back one day and enlighten us why the ref was right not to show him a card and why we're all wrong.

I am secretly hoping he had a knock or a niggle? If he didn't it was an unbelievable substitution. He played very well, Gibbons almost within a minute of coming on gave away a poor free kick with a silly tackle and generally showed his inexperience. I like Gibbons a lot, he has definitely lost his mojo though and was suddenly playing at left back when Montano had been very steady. Totally agree with you Hagrid

I also agree, Ive been very critical of him this season, but recently hes looked much more interested and much better. Id still personally like to see him further up the pitch.

Archived