onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Grimsby Town v Port Vale

Fosse69

Advert

I also agree, Ive been very critical of him this season, but recently hes looked much more interested and much better. Id still personally like to see him further up the pitch.

He is actually our top scorer currently fit , so to have our top scorer at left back isn't great.

Thought Pugh again showed his age , i definitely think Worrall should be centre midfield as he has a footballing brain, that then brings in Whitfield out wide and Pugh dropped to sub.

Worrall has a footballing brain

Not so sure about that.

I think his situational awareness is poor. Selfish ****** as well. Should have squared it to Harness when we broke through in the first half.

I am secretly hoping he had a knock or a niggle? If he didn't it was an unbelievable substitution. He played very well, Gibbons almost within a minute of coming on gave away a poor free kick with a silly tackle and generally showed his inexperience. I like Gibbons a lot, he has definitely lost his mojo though and was suddenly playing at left back when Montano had been very steady. Totally agree with you Hagrid

Aspin said Montano was feeling a niggle and so was taken off in the hope he'll be able to play on Tuesday rather than risk aggrovating it and being ruled out for however long it would be

What was all the trouble about? I thought the knuckle draggers don't travel as far as Grimsby usually?

According to the police who boarded our coach as we neared Grimsby, there was 80 vale fans who had been drinking in Cleethorps since 6am, my guess it’s the same ones involved in the trouble.

I'd be careful of being harsh on Gibbons, I think he's been one of the few bright points this season and couldn't have been thrown more in at the deep end than he has. Brown's useless recruitment policy and Yates's injury left Gibbons as the only right back when he'd no experience of first team football at all. I think his form has suffered through having to play so many games under pressure in a struggling side and now, due to the big fat fibber in blue not doing what he said he would in backing Aspin in January, he's having to cover at left back. I think he's doing a sterling job in the circumstances and I have high hopes for him in the future.

I'd be careful of being harsh on Gibbons, I think he's been one of the few bright points this season and couldn't have been thrown more in at the deep end than he has. Brown's useless recruitment policy and Yates's injury left Gibbons as the only right back when he'd no experience of first team football at all. I think his form has suffered through having to play so many games under pressure in a struggling side and now, due to the big fat fibber in blue not doing what he said he would in backing Aspin in January, he's having to cover at left back. I think he's doing a sterling job in the circumstances and I have high hopes for him in the future.

I’d agree with that too and I feel he’ll be the future at right back for us. Like I said in an earlier post we have made a massive mistake at left back this season for us to have to be playing him, Pugh or Montano there. Fair play to all those for taking one for the team and doing their best there. Hes being criticised for coming on and giving away a free kick, there were plenty of free kicks given away all game that put us under pressure. If I remember correctly after that Gibbons clattered their danger man Dembele and didn’t give Kelly a sniff either, so the criticism is a bit harsh I feel for an inexperienced player having to play out of position again at left back. I thought he did ok there, but ok isn’t good enough we need him on the right and proper left back in next season. He played really well at swindon and then was shafted in the Newport game by having to play right mid.

Not so sure about that.

I think his situational awareness is poor. Selfish ****** as well. Should have squared it to Harness when we broke through in the first half.

Watch the highlights Doha all our good stuff came from him. I'll agree maybe he should of put Harness through but was only inches wide.

It was Worrall who set up Forrester for the brilliant save in the first half, also Worrall picked Forrester out with a great spot for the penalty.

I will have to agree to disagree with you as i feel he is the brightest player at the club, not that it is much of an achievement given the rubbish we have suffered.

That is the first game since Luton that we deserved to win. Their keeper was immense and kept them in the game. The only time we missed Popey was for about 10 seconds in the second half when we got that penalty. Very poor effort by Tonge - he didn't just telegraph it, he sent the keeper an email and text outlining exactly where he was going to put it. If I didn't know different I'd think it was a betting scam!

The behaviour of both sets of nutters at the end was an utter disgrace. Yes the keeper was an idiot, yes the club should have taken police advice, but when all said and done, the only people responsible for that trouble were the idiots who took part in it. They can't call themselves Vale fans because they do nothing but bring shame and extra expense on the club. After the incidents against Bolton and Sheff Utd last season I wouldn't be surprised if we get fined. It's only thanks to the West Ham ****** that this hasn't been made more of in the media.

We have a real problem within the club , these fans are absolute scum, I dont know how we got away with the Bolton trouble last year. Just imagine if we ever get ourselves sorted and back to the championship (stop laughing at the back), there’d be trouble every week with the teams in that league.

We have a real problem within the club , these fans are absolute scum, I dont know how we got away with the Bolton trouble last year. Just imagine if we ever get ourselves sorted and back to the championship (stop laughing at the back), there’d be trouble every week with the teams in that league.
I know we have problems with Vale hooligans BUT Grimsby nutters are no angels. They cause problems everywhere they go.

I'm not bothered about Grimsby nutters - that's their problem.
Jean the wife and I were attacked by the Grimsby nutters many years ago.We have a problem so its not always Vale nutters that are to blame.

Jean the wife and I were attacked by the Grimsby nutters many years ago.We have a problem so its not always Vale nutters that are to blame.

All I am saying is we can't do anything about nutters from other clubs but we need to do something about ours. It is because Grimsby have this reputation that so many of our lunatics went to the game. I hate being associated with them. As Smithy said, the atmosphere was great with loads of singing but then it had to be spoilt by that idiotic behaviour. It happened last year against Bolton and Sheffield United - that was nowt to do with Grimsby fans.

Archived