onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Grimsby Town v Port Vale

Fosse69

I am hoping as the season turns to spring and the pitches improve the technically good players we have will perform better. Tonge and Worrall etc. But it is in our hands. There a few teams to play from the top of the league and we are playing most of the relegation rivals starting today. I'm sad that I don't want to see Grimsby, Chesterfield, Crewe or Morecambe go out of the league just as I am sad at the place Wrexham, Stockport and Tranmere are at. But that is competitive sport. It's ruthless and we must be ruthless..... and cut out individual errors in defence.

Advert

I am hoping as the season turns to spring and the pitches improve the technically good players we have will perform better. Tonge and Worrall etc. But it is in our hands. There a few teams to play from the top of the league and we are playing most of the relegation rivals starting today. I'm sad that I don't want to see Grimsby, Chesterfield, Crewe or Morecambe go out of the league just as I am sad at the place Wrexham, Stockport and Tranmere are at. But that is competitive sport. It's ruthless and we must be ruthless..... and cut out individual errors in defence.
Spot on it is ruthless as is the sport in putting players out of work .

The general performances ive witnessed since 31st Dec 2017 are of players who have no future in any level of football never mind league 2 in fact some players played better in league one than they have in league 2 .

Today can they change the way we think of them .

They have brought it on themselves .

High pressure games these now and everything they do will be analysed by other managers of other clubs if they want a move EARN one .

If they want be in Aspin and Vales long term plans and having fans talk of them in a good light PERFORM above yourselves .

We will see .

UTV

Unfortunately we really don't want to be playing a team with a new manager in his first home game. He'll get that crucial extra 15% out of his players and the crowd too will be vociferous. No Pope either. The way we've been playing of late it's hard to see us getting anything at all from these two away games. But stranger things have happened in football and everyone's careers are now on the line until the end of the season. I'm just hoping we can have a bit of good luck today, nick a goal and be stronger at the back than we have been for a while - but it's a big ask.

I can't see Aspin sticking two up front. He prefers one with maybe Whitfield behind. I hope he finds room for Harness as he's at least as good as the rest we've got in midfield. But where are the goals coming from?

Unfortunately we really don't want to be playing a team with a new manager in his first home game. He'll get that crucial extra 15% out of his players and the crowd too will be vociferous. No Pope either. The way we've been playing of late it's hard to see us getting anything at all from these two away games. But stranger things have happened in football and everyone's careers are now on the line until the end of the season. I'm just hoping we can have a bit of good luck today, nick a goal and be stronger at the back than we have been for a while - but it's a big ask.

I can't see Aspin sticking two up front. He prefers one with maybe Whitfield behind. I hope he finds room for Harness as he's at least as good as the rest we've got in midfield. But where are the goals coming from?

Grimsby have a lot of injuries as well. I hope they do play at 115% and get a man sent off after 20 minutes. To score goals we need to get men in the box, it is no good having one in the box feeding of poor floated crosses with the midfield 40 yards behind. Come and show confidence in a good shape and don't make mistakes at the back.

Totally clueless.

The fans can blame Smurf as much as they like but when the manager is picking the team and actively choosing to pair together a couple of central midfielders that have a combined age of nearly 70 years old then questions need to be asked. You can get away with playing one of them but not both. Why not play Whitfield instead of Pugh? That would look a lot less negative than this garbage selection. We need energy and creativity, ffs.

I hope I’m proved wrong but I can’t see us winning this game today.

1 up top again with our most creative player on the bench. Wouldn't be surprised in the least if we lose convincingly again.

Personally 1 up top isn't an issue especially as we have a weak midfield, its how the 1 up top is supported by the players behind.. 2 up top is a generic saying which means nothing if we don't control midfield playing a 5 midfield gives us that chance but they do need to support with movement off the ball

Personally 1 up top isn't an issue especially as we have a weak midfield, its how the 1 up top is supported by the players behind.. 2 up top is a generic saying which means nothing if we don't control midfield playing a 5 midfield gives us that chance but they do need to support with movement off the ball

Exactly. Man. City, Liverpool, Chelsea, Man. Utd, Bayern Munich and Real Madrid seem to make it work.

Archived