onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread; Barnet v Port Vale

Fosse69

Going by the couple of games I've seen Middleton play he's about North West Counties level, a decent level but not Football League standard.

I'll be at Barnet hoping for the best but I have to admit my confidence levels aren't high. Aspo needs to try something different without being too radical. Personally I'd certainly move Worrall to centre midfield instead of Pugh because we desperately need more energy and mobility in there.

Sent from my [device_name] using the http://onevalefan mobile app

Advert

My team not that will be the team

Boot

Howe Hoskins Raglan

Gibbons Montano

Reeves Worrall Hannant

Turner Barnett

Energy all over the field with Worrall Reeves Hannant to go beyond Barnett but also do the dirty work of blocking etc etc .

Hopefully one of the three back centre half can play and bring the ball out of defence and pass it to a black and white shirt .

The system allows Montano and Gibbons to get forwards but its down to the three in the middle to create the space so the over lapping full backs can deliver .

Keep in the game and replace Hannant with Whitfield and Turner or Barnett with Harness .

No pope he is injured we need the forwards be able to be the first line of defence ,id go forrester but he is not delivering so at least Barnett should trouble Barnet height wise but he needs to put in a shift as all the players

After yesterday, I don’t want to ever see Barnett in a Vale shirt, bone idle. Pugh frustrates me, how he played in a higher league I’ll never know. Howkins and Smith seemed to delight in giving them throw-ins which was their main threat. Davis’ distribution was appalling. Pope up-front on his own is a waste of time as teams put one man in front and one man behind so he rarely wins the ball and there is no-one to pick up the ball from those that he does win. Still don’t understand why these U23 academy players can’t step it up to League 2 when some can make it into Premier League teams on occasions. Non league awaits unfortunately.

After yesterday, I don’t want to ever see Barnett in a Vale shirt, bone idle. Pugh frustrates me, how he played in a higher league I’ll never know. Howkins and Smith seemed to delight in giving them throw-ins which was their main threat. Davis’ distribution was appalling. Pope up-front on his own is a waste of time as teams put one man in front and one man behind so he rarely wins the ball and there is no-one to pick up the ball from those that he does win. Still don’t understand why these U23 academy players can’t step it up to League 2 when some can make it into Premier League teams on occasions. Non league awaits unfortunately.

I don't know about Barnett but if i see Tonge and Pugh in midfield again it would be to soon, surely you could get 2 players out of the fat league who are more mobile.Don't even start me on Davies he could not pass water never mind a football was not good enough first time he was here.

I don't know about Barnett but if i see Tonge and Pugh in midfield again it would be to soon, surely you could get 2 players out of the fat league who are more mobile.Don't even start me on Davies he could not pass water never mind a football was not good enough first time he was here.

I agree, I can cope with Tonge but not alongside Pugh or Kay as well. Has to be Worrall, Harness or Hannant.

Davis, Barnett and Forrester - hope I don’t have to put up with any of them again

I agree, I can cope with Tonge but not alongside Pugh or Kay as well. Has to be Worrall, Harness or Hannant.

Davis, Barnett and Forrester - hope I don’t have to put up with any of them again

Totally agree. For the life of me I can't see how Davis cons people into thinking he's a pro footballer. When he was here before he hesitated on the ball, was slow and was crap. He's no better now. Aspin you have to be blind not to see he's not worthy of a Vale shirt. As for Pugh- there is no other League team who would have him within 50 miles of their ground! I am being polite believe me.

Totally agree. For the life of me I can't see how Davis cons people into thinking he's a pro footballer. When he was here before he hesitated on the ball, was slow and was crap. He's no better now. Aspin you have to be blind not to see he's not worthy of a Vale shirt.

Aspin says he plays him because ‘he knows how to kick players’. Amazing !

Totally agree. For the life of me I can't see how Davis cons people into thinking he's a pro footballer. When he was here before he hesitated on the ball, was slow and was crap. He's no better now. Aspin you have to be blind not to see he's not worthy of a Vale shirt. As for Pugh- there is no other League team who would have him within 50 miles of their ground! I am being polite believe me.

I don’t think he should have started Saturday, it meant we started off with a negative outlook in a game we could have done with winning. He was never going to get forward so where’s the advantage of playing him? Gibbons may not be seen to be playing as well as earlier in the season, but he still gets forward and gets crosses in, I'd take him over Davis any day.

The problem with starting off with a negative formation and mindset is that it’s hard to change that during a game, we have to come out of the blocks faster.

Barnet have the worst home record in the league.

That will improve after Saturday.

Is Peter Kay available for Saturday?

Davis can not kick people if he can mark them so no chance.

His ball distribution is poor and he might as well play for the opposition the amount of times he gives the ball away.

Aspin seems to be suffering from Brownitis by playing so negatively with the geriatrics in midfield.

How does he expect to win games with such negativity.

He has a squad of 35 players and still can't pick 11 to win a game.

Archived