onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Brexit again...

Davebrad

This thread alone is full of logical and factual evidence reference with links to it in support of why leaving the EU is a bad idea, if you choose to ignore or deny it that's your prerogative.

There are people who believe the earth is flat, people who believe the moon landings were faked and people who believe in ghosts but they're demonstrably stupid. 2+2 = 4, no matter what argument is made against it it's still a fact.

What isn't fact is what the long term outcome of Brexit will be, it's just that the overwhelming body of evidence suggests it will not be good, especially economically.

If you can't see this evidence, or don't wish to see it, there's nothing that can be done to change your mind. Personally if I could see an argument to suggest Brexit will be good for us as a nation I'd change my view but I haven't seen it.

What I have seen, including in this thread, are references to the wars, Spitfires, the British empire, French & German bullying and self interest, human rights protection being a bad thing and myths about us being restricted in trading with non-EU countries, all utter twaddle and some of it downright offensive.

Just because the leave vote was in the majority, just, it doesn't mean it's right, it means we'll be leaving the EU with whatever consequences that brings. We have voted to be worse off, wait and see in 10-15 years time.

You are entitled to your opinions as I am mine but as a person with a technical background and education I utilise evidence to form my conclusions, not exclusively but mainly. I don't want Brexit but equally if it's going to happen I would like it to go well but the trouble is most of the evidence and logical thinking says it won't.

Advert

This thread alone is full of logical and factual evidence reference with links to it in support of why leaving the EU is a bad idea, if you choose to ignore or deny it that's your prerogative.

There are people who believe the earth is flat, people who believe the moon landings were faked and people who believe in ghosts but they're demonstrably stupid. 2+2 = 4, no matter what argument is made against it it's still a fact.

What isn't fact is what the long term outcome of Brexit will be, it's just that the overwhelming body of evidence suggests it will not be good, especially economically.

If you can't see this evidence, or don't wish to see it, there's nothing that can be done to change your mind. Personally if I could see an argument to suggest Brexit will be good for us as a nation I'd change my view but I haven't seen it.

What I have seen, including in this thread, are references to the wars, Spitfires, the British empire, French & German bullying and self interest, human rights protection being a bad thing and myths about us being restricted in trading with non-EU countries, all utter twaddle and some of it downright offensive.

Just because the leave vote was in the majority, just, it doesn't mean it's right, it means we'll be leaving the EU with whatever consequences that brings. We have voted to be worse off, wait and see in 10-15 years time.

You are entitled to your opinions as I am mine but as a person with a technical background and education I utilise evidence to form my conclusions, not exclusively but mainly. I don't want Brexit but equally if it's going to happen I would like it to go well but the trouble is most of the evidence and logical thinking says it won't.

I don't accept that what you presented is evidence... it is suggestive information that supports the idea that leaving will be detrimental... it may well be, I don't know.

It's a reasoned argument based on forcaster of what some believe will happen given there expertise and belief, but it's not evidence.

I don't accept that what you presented is evidence... it is suggestive information that supports the idea that leaving will be detrimental... it may well be, I don't know.

It's a reasoned argument based on forcaster of what some believe will happen given there expertise and belief, but it's not evidence.

A good recent example is the almost halving motor industry investment in the UK in the past 12 months,approximately £650m in 2016 and down to approximately £350m in 2017. This was announced in conjunction with the statement of concerns over Brexit from the SMMAT. If that isn't evidence then I don't know what is.

Well if you bury your head in papers like The Guardian and Independent you do get blinded by the fact that sometimes the leavers May be correct. Arrogance at its highest.

I am open to reading information from any source and I consider it's content and its possible motivation. However, some publications such as the Daily Express and the Sun print utter rubbish so yes, I do discount their drivel, you'd be better informed reading Hello and the Radio Times.

Why accuse people who are trying to consider things rationally of being arrogant? Arrogance is doing things like blindly sticking your fingers up at the EU because 'Britain is best' in the stupid belief that 'we' are superior to Johnny Foreigner - and there's plenty of leave voters who have openly expressed those views through letters to the press and on Question Time.

I am open to reading information from any source and I consider it's content and its possible motivation. However, some publications such as the Daily Express and the Sun print utter rubbish so yes, I do discount their drivel, you'd be better informed reading Hello and the Radio Times.

Why accuse people who are trying to consider things rationally of being arrogant? Arrogance is doing things like blindly sticking your fingers up at the EU because 'Britain is best' in the stupid belief that 'we' are superior to Johnny Foreigner - and there's plenty of leave voters who have openly expressed those views through letters to the press and on Question Time.

Who on earth do you think you are to say 'publications such as the Express and the Sun print utter rubbish?' What makes you think you so superior to readers of those papers which sell millions every day, the Sun being the most read paper in the UK. Is everyone in the country except you and a few remoaners stupid?

As for QT, I rarely watch the biased nonsense but saw last weeks programme where David Dimbelby insisted Siemens was a British company. Yes, you carry on watching QT my friend and leave the Express and Sun to us common people.

Hang on SOTT just whats wrong with being patriotic, subservience beyond a certain point is downright degrading.

Hang on SOTT just whats wrong with being patriotic, subservience beyond a certain point is downright degrading.
I do have a level of patriotism, I want what's best for the country. Don't you? I don't see us as superior to any other nation, that's all, some things we do well, some things we don't.

PS - I'm well aware I've taken your maggot and hook there!

Who on earth do you think you are to say 'publications such as the Express and the Sun print utter rubbish?' What makes you think you so superior to readers of those papers which sell millions every day, the Sun being the most read paper in the UK. Is everyone in the country except you and a few remoaners stupid?

As for QT, I rarely watch the biased nonsense but saw last weeks programme where David Dimbelby insisted Siemens was a British company. Yes, you carry on watching QT my friend and leave the Express and Sun to us common people.

I think I'm someone who can discern between worthwhile journalism and childish tripe written in a simplistic manner spouting patent rubbish. If you've actually looked through the Express and the Sun you'll understand, unless of course you have and consider their ramblings to have any merit.

Please tell me you can see what emotive low level tripe they write, otherwise you will just confirm yourself to be as numb as their scribblings. Although I may disagree with you on Brexit I don't think I'm superior to you but surely you must be able to see their misleading propaganda for what it is?

I do have a level of patriotism, I want what's best for the country. Don't you? I don't see us as superior to any other nation, that's all, some things we do well, some things we don't.

PS - I'm well aware I've taken your maggot and hook there!

I've sworn my allegiance to her majesty queen Elizabeth not some unelected tosser in Europe.not fishing today.:wink:

Archived