onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Brexit again...

Davebrad

So was the leave vote but you wouldn't think it by how the opposition to it has kept on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on. gets on your nerves especially as brexit is going through and wont be stopped be stopped be stopped be stopped be stopped whether that French count Barnier or that Luxembourg alcoholic junker or that polish tvvat tusk or that other ******** whose name esc,, oh yes I remember now verhofstadt do owt or nowt we will leave and if they cant sell their audis mercs beemers golfs etc i'm sure they can park them on some bomb site that the raf conveniently left for them,a few years ago, sod the lot of them.

Advert

Good for them.

Its a good job people haven't democratically elected for bad things before.

Its not like the Nazis were democratically elected, or Trump. Nope. The electorate have always got it bang on the money.

In all seriousness we've ballsed it and its a silly thing to do.

They certainly have... but what's the alternative?

Debates like this invariably generate more heat than light,and I know I won't 'convert' anyone with reasoned argument, so I'm not even going to try. But I still feel Brexit is the worst idea British politicians have ever had and the worst idea the British electorate have ever backed (albeit with a slender majority). Similarly I think we'll all pay for it in the end.

This thread alone is full of logical and factual evidence reference with links to it in support of why leaving the EU is a bad idea, if you choose to ignore or deny it that's your prerogative.

There are people who believe the earth is flat, people who believe the moon landings were faked and people who believe in ghosts but they're demonstrably stupid. 2+2 = 4, no matter what argument is made against it it's still a fact.

What isn't fact is what the long term outcome of Brexit will be, it's just that the overwhelming body of evidence suggests it will not be good, especially economically.

If you can't see this evidence, or don't wish to see it, there's nothing that can be done to change your mind. Personally if I could see an argument to suggest Brexit will be good for us as a nation I'd change my view but I haven't seen it.

What I have seen, including in this thread, are references to the wars, Spitfires, the British empire, French & German bullying and self interest, human rights protection being a bad thing and myths about us being restricted in trading with non-EU countries, all utter twaddle and some of it downright offensive.

Just because the leave vote was in the majority, just, it doesn't mean it's right, it means we'll be leaving the EU with whatever consequences that brings. We have voted to be worse off, wait and see in 10-15 years time.

You are entitled to your opinions as I am mine but as a person with a technical background and education I utilise evidence to form my conclusions, not exclusively but mainly. I don't want Brexit but equally if it's going to happen I would like it to go well but the trouble is most of the evidence and logical thinking says it won't.

I see, so you wont tell me the stats but reference thin air and say if I can't see them then I can't be saved.

Yet more well reasoned remainer logic and stats there.

People voted for brexit, overwhelmingly for two reasons; Immigration concerns and Sovereignty.

What are your stats please that suggest to you that leaving the EU is bad when it comes to addressing both of those things?

You have ******** economic stats. The stats that are published with the disclaimer that "it's almost impossible to predict but we've had a go anyway" There is no 'evidence' that proves you are right, you are interpreting what we both see in your own way as I am interpreting it in mine.

And have you really seen posts about spitfires, the empire and wanting to scrap human rights? That sounds like an utter lie to me, and even if there is one or two posts that say those things, it will be beaten 100 fold by the amount of times "Racism" "Nazi" and "Fascist" are used.

Myths about non-eu trade? What are you talking about? What is the problem then? If we're free to trade with whoever we want on whatever terms we want, then we don't need a deal, we don't need to be in the EU either way. Great.

Oh no! Not Sue Perkins, a Jewish lesbian remainer!! You'll be able to fry an egg (British, low cost produced by zero hours contract workers in a battery farm free of EU food safety & animal welfare regultions) on your face if that one comes to pass.

Smells like project fear to me.

Quite an emotional point for someone who deals in stats and logic.

Debates like this invariably generate more heat than light,and I know I won't 'convert' anyone with reasoned argument, so I'm not even going to try. But I still feel Brexit is the worst idea British politicians have ever had and the worst idea the British electorate have ever backed (albeit with a slender majority). Similarly I think we'll all pay for it in the end.
Totally correct.

I really need to take a leaf from your book and stop trying to reason with the utter foukwits that are leading us into the abyss waving their Union Jacks, thinking they're patriots when in reality they're seriously damaging the country. Alf Garnett's, the lot of them.

Of course we don't need to be in anything, but what are the terms of trade going to be like? Who gets the best deal a big or a small customer? What standards for the goods/services do we agree to with all the different countries of the world? Seems like a 10 year transition to me.

I see, so you wont tell me the stats but reference thin air and say if I can't see them then I can't be saved.

Yet more well reasoned remainer logic and stats there.

People voted for brexit, overwhelmingly for two reasons; Immigration concerns and Sovereignty.

What are your stats please that suggest to you that leaving the EU is bad when it comes to addressing both of those things?

You have ******** economic stats. The stats that are published with the disclaimer that "it's almost impossible to predict but we've had a go anyway" There is no 'evidence' that proves you are right, you are interpreting what we both see in your own way as I am interpreting it in mine.

And have you really seen posts about spitfires, the empire and wanting to scrap human rights? That sounds like an utter lie to me, and even if there is one or two posts that say those things, it will be beaten 100 fold by the amount of times "Racism" "Nazi" and "Fascist" are used.

Myths about non-eu trade? What are you talking about? What is the problem then? If we're free to trade with whoever we want on whatever terms we want, then we don't need a deal, we don't need to be in the EU either way. Great.

Well the UK has said all EU nationals can stay in the UK, they can bring their families over. Then Sajid Javid came out and said he will change the "hostile environment" strategy employed by the Torys towards immigration and look to bring in immigrants from other parts of the world.

Nothing has changed regarding immigration. We might not like it, but the establishment does.

Now before offering a Brexit vote, if the campaign told you this before making your decision, you probably wouldn't of voted to leave.

Well the UK has said all EU nationals can stay in the UK, they can bring their families over. Then Sajid Javid came out and said he will change the "hostile environment" strategy employed by the Torys towards immigration and look to bring in immigrants from other parts of the world.

Nothing has changed regarding immigration. We might not like it, but the establishment does.

Now before offering a Brexit vote, if the campaign told you this before making your decision, you probably wouldn't of voted to leave.

He's promoting more skilled workers and less freeloaders which isn't a bad policy.

You know it makes sense?

Of course nothing has changed regarding immigration, we haven't left yet.

But bringing in immigrants from other parts of the world, as long as they're skilled and have a job here, what a fantastic improvement that would be.

He's promoting more skilled workers and less freeloaders which isn't a bad policy.

You know it makes sense?

The remainers will only discuss immigration from their default position of "all leave voters want to kick out foreigners and pull up the draw bridge"

The remainers are wrong, again.

We'll done for demonstrating you have a sense of humour on a par with the rest of the gammon faced Little Englanders.

There are none so blind as those that will not see.

Sick to your made up stats.

I'm moving upwards with the British majority. Joining the rest of the world.

Archived