onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Brexit again...

Davebrad

Who on earth do you think you are to say 'publications such as the Express and the Sun print utter rubbish?' What makes you think you so superior to readers of those papers which sell millions every day, the Sun being the most read paper in the UK. Is everyone in the country except you and a few remoaners stupid?

As for QT, I rarely watch the biased nonsense but saw last weeks programme where David Dimbelby insisted Siemens was a British company. Yes, you carry on watching QT my friend and leave the Express and Sun to us common people.

And Johan Eliasch rightly corrected him.

Advert

As a point of interest Siemens have been heavily involved in Britain since the 1850's and their head man here at that time was knighted to become Sir William Siemens (his given name being Wilhelm). This is possibly why David Dimbleby was mistaken although it's common knowledge Siemens is a long established German company.

Well if you bury your head in papers like The Guardian and Independent you do get blinded by the fact that sometimes the leavers May be correct. Arrogance at its highest.

Don't read either of those papers mate.

I hate to break it to you, but leaving is not a great idea.

As a point of interest Siemens have been heavily involved in Britain since the 1850's and their head man here at that time was knighted to become Sir William Siemens (his given name being Wilhelm). This is possibly why David Dimbleby was mistaken although it's common knowledge Siemens is a long established German company.

I'm not surprised DD is being replaced really,rumour has it that the BBC have an eye on another Remainer,either Sue Perkins or Emily Maitlis?

I'm not surprised DD is being replaced really,rumour has it that the BBC have an eye on another Remainer,either Sue Perkins or Emily Maitlis?
Oh no! Not Sue Perkins, a Jewish lesbian remainer!! You'll be able to fry an egg (British, low cost produced by zero hours contract workers in a battery farm free of EU food safety & animal welfare regultions) on your face if that one comes to pass.

The majority of voters thought otherwise
That doesn't mean they're right though, does it? The American electorate supported the Vietnam War initially but over time they came to see it was a bad idea and fundamentally immoral. Getting, in reality, defeated focussed their minds in a brutal and costly way.

They are going terrible. The UK offered a referendum without even considering a Leave vote would happen. The UK at the time (and still is) was largely divided, the 'togetherness' or comradeship has disappeared and that's reflected in the inequalities visible across the country concerning many different social and economical aspects.

An anti-establishment vote was then placed, fueled (by both sides) by misinformation. Therefore, when we come to the negotiations we have ****** shouting "no Deal" and Remainers screeming stay in. Now even more divided.

Now the Govt recognises that the outcome of Brexit negotiations will largely dictate if the Torys will stay in power. Therefore, they are panicking.

The Torys never thought a Brexit would happen and subsequently made no plan. The referendum should have been presented to the public using the narrative of a plan drawn up prior by experts in different fields, then this option offered to people.

We have done everything backwards against a well organised union already prepared for a Brexit. Not only that, we had made massive commitments to the EU - some old, some new. If anyone picked a book up (and you can,very cheap) on economic law you would realise that the time period (or transition) is not enough. It took the EU 7 years (I think) to negotiate a trade deal with Canada (which we were part of, so we can trade with who we like in reality, no one has explained yet how the EU control who we do business with and BAe is a recent example to say your all talking rubbish spouting that line out!) - so unless we have a race to the bottom at the expense of British people then we will have very few deals in place when we leave. Less availability, higher price. Supply and demand. High availability, high barriers to entry, higher costs. It's simple. Remember, the world in general sees us as imperialists and we are putting ourselves up against the EU as our main competitor in economic terms. The EU as a collective group can offer businesses much better terms, conditions and a market almost 10 times as big as ours.

Wage growth is slow in the UK and in many European countries it is massively increasing. Personal national debts in the UK are higher than across europe. 15 million odd people don't even have £100 in the bank in th UK - favourable terms will no doubt be in the union instead of the UK. Unless of course business tax is reduced, regulations reduced even more, pensions contributions removed, no min wage etc happens. Otherwise, business who look for low cost will carry out going to third world countries. Business wanting educated individuals, high levels of infrastructure etc will go to developed countries offering the best deal and access to 500m people instead of 65m people is where the buck lies for capitalist corporations!

So that's what we are negotiating against, how can you negotiate against that?

But what I'd like to know is what have we actually negotiated so far? All EU nationals can stay here and even their families can come if they are quick! We will still have non EU migration driven by Sajid Javid so what has actually happened? All that has happened so far is inflation and the shops being slightly more expensive, while wages are saturated and in reality going down.

We haven't negotiated anything yet really. I still think the final deal should be voted on, dont you? I never voted conservative to begin with, so they don't represent my interests (and I personally belive they don't represent the interests of the majority) when it comes to a Brexit deal!

You claim that wage growth is slow in the UK and in many European countries it is massively increasing

You better tell the people in Spain where unemployment currently stands at 17.1% or in Greece where it's even higher at 21.7%.

Italy has an unemployment rate of 11.1% and France is over double that of the UK's at 9.6%.

Oh no! Not Sue Perkins, a Jewish lesbian remainer!! You'll be able to fry an egg (British, low cost produced by zero hours contract workers in a battery farm free of EU food safety & animal welfare regultions) on your face if that one comes to pass.

She's looking for work I believe since the Generation Game went '**** up' 😂

The majority of voters thought otherwise

Good for them.

Its a good job people haven't democratically elected for bad things before.

Its not like the Nazis were democratically elected, or Trump. Nope. The electorate have always got it bang on the money.

In all seriousness we've ballsed it and its a silly thing to do.

You claim that wage growth is slow in the UK and in many European countries it is massively increasing

You better tell the people in Spain where unemployment currently stands at 17.1% or in Greece where it's even higher at 21.7%.

Italy has an unemployment rate of 11.1% and France is over double that of the UK's at 9.6%.

Unemployment is a problem across much of the developed world and is an issue that needs tackling, especially as traditional mass employing industries decline in those economies and industry in general becomes less labour intensive. The UK economy has added jobs through very lax employment laws allowing for things like constant agency work, pseudo self employment and zero hours contracts but our government's statistics and measures on the subject are woeful and have been for 30 years since Thatcher started fudging the numbers and subsequent governments have carried it on. At a guess, and that's all anyone can do with the information available, I'd say we have a similar unemployment rate to France.

Brexit, or remaining, is unlikely to solve this problem. All governments need to take an approach suitable to their economies, either that or risk doing nothing with all the problems that can bring.

Good for them.

Its a good job people haven't democratically elected for bad things before.

Its not like the Nazis were democratically elected, or Trump. Nope. The electorate have always got it bang on the money.

In all seriousness we've ballsed it and its a silly thing to do.

I don't think anyone can say Hitler was democratically elected. The SS murdered opposition, burnt down the German Parliament building, sent thousands into 'work camps' if they disagreed with him, and terrified anyone who opposed him. Hardly the same as our vote to leave the EU.

As for Trump, he won fair and square, you might not like the result but it was democratic.

Archived