• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• geosname

• Fosse69

• For Us All

• Regal Beagle

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don't accept the narrative that the EU is destroying our sovereignty and is any more anti-democratic than a country that has just elected a PM based on less than 0.01% the electorate, including 15 y

I don't agree.  There are a considerable number of male MPs who talk utter rubbish and don't know what they're talking about.  Andrew Bridgen for example, was on Radio 5 telling the world that as an E

This is reaching the stage of two bald blokes arguing over a comb. Tweak May’s backstop, put it back to the Commons, vote without three line whips and get it done. 

Posted Images

Yes, I read about the Lord Mayor of London and I completely agree with the article. For him to agree for a giant satirical balloon of Trump to be flown over the Houses of Parliament is an insult and stupid. How dare he reduce the Houses of Parliament to a fun fair. Don't forget Kahan is a trained solicitor, yet fiddled his MP expences over the years on a number of accassions. With knife crime and muggings at an all time high in London he's got other things to occupy himself with.

So the Mail thinks the balloon should not be flown. Fine, give a reason why they think that protest of this nature should not be allowed. But do so with logical argument, not personal abuse of the London Mayor.

As for the other article, no I haven't read it but I haven't voted for any judges, but I have voted for my MP.

I'm surprised you haven't read it as the quote I put above was a banner headline on the front page. You say you have voted for your MP - that's exactly the point that the judges were making - it should be the MPs who make the decision on triggering Article 50, not a government using royal prerogative. I'm delighted you agree with their judgment and not the abuse directed towards them by the Mail.

Yes, I read about the Lord Mayor of London and I completely agree with the article. For him to agree for a giant satirical balloon of Trump to be flown over the Houses of Parliament is an insult and stupid. How dare he reduce the Houses of Parliament to a fun fair. Don't forget Kahan is a trained solicitor, yet fiddled his MP expences over the years on a number of accassions. With knife crime and muggings at an all time high in London he's got other things to occupy himself with.

As for the other article, no I haven't read it but I haven't voted for any judges, but I have voted for my MP.

Whilst I don't condone dodgy expense claims by those in public office I think we need a little perspective here; Khan has twice repaid wrongly claimed expenses, firstly around £500 for leaflets distributed that had a Labour rose 'too prominently displayed' (whatever that means) and secondly around £2500 for stationery and postage for greetings cards sent to constituents at Eid and Christmas because those expenses can only be claimed for parliamentary business and greetings cards don't count. None of these offences are either large or blatantly for self gain unlike, for example, Sir Peter Viggars infamous £1600 for his duck house or Douglas Hogg and his £2200 for cleaning the moat around his country pile.

Let's be honest, like virtually all Heil readers you don't like Khan because he's brown and thus 'not English', he's Muslim and thus a terrorist sympathiser and he's to the left of centre and thus wants to confiscate all private property and force everyone to live in gulag-like concrete tower blocks (not like we do that already in our major cities).

I don’t think we will unsubscribe but my point was that if we really want to take control of our borders this would be more significant than leaving the EU.
I see your point but I'm not sure it would achieve what you expect it to.

Europe needs to control its borders collectively and a common policy is needed whether we're in the EU or not. It's the biggest issue currently facing the Union, including Brexit.

I see your point but I'm not sure it would achieve what you expect it to.

Europe needs to control its borders collectively and a common policy is needed whether we're in the EU or not. It's the biggest issue currently facing the Union, including Brexit.

Well,you are spot on with that and the main reason why many people voted for Brexit.

Well,you are spot on with that and the main reason why many people voted for Brexit.
But Brexit won't resolve that issue and will (for reasons, see numerous previous posts) seriously damage our economy. As I've posted a few times no UK government of the past 70 years has done anything to control mass immigration from outside the EU yet that has always been within their power.

I thought it had been decided that immigration was absolutely NOT the reason why the Leave campaign won the vote???

I still can't quite put my finger on what it is that people dislike about Sadiq Khan. The amount of ad hom attacks he gets in the press, it's almost as though there's a subtext to them all, a dog whistle maybe, but exactly what I'm not quite sure.

I still can't quite put my finger on what it is that people dislike about Sadiq Khan. The amount of ad hom attacks he gets in the press, it's almost as though there's a subtext to them all, a dog whistle maybe, but exactly what I'm not quite sure.
I've wondered the same thing myself. It's not like he's Mr Radical or Mr Controversial, even if the balloon flying stuff is daft on both sides.

David Davis has resigned. The infighting Tories are doing a wonderful job of making a pig's ear of a pig's ear!

I wonder if the Maybot will appoint a replacement who will take a pen and some paper to meetings? Who will conduct our EU negotiations now? Bumbling Boris? Liam 'F Off' Fox? Jacob Rees-Mogg's nanny?

David Davis has resigned. The infighting Tories are doing a wonderful job of making a pig's ear of a pig's ear!

I wonder if the Maybot will appoint a replacement who will take a pen and some paper to meetings? Who will conduct our EU negotiations now? Bumbling Boris? Liam 'F Off' Fox? Jacob Rees-Mogg's nanny?

Get Starmer involved.He has just finished his anti-Corbyn course.Jest you may Sourcey but it would take 20 years for Labour to get it sorted.

Get Starmer involved.He has just finished his anti-Corbyn course.Jest you may Sourcey but it would take 20 years for Labour to get it sorted.
I don't think anyone could get it sorted, as I said it's a pig's ear. I think the only options are don't leave, do something similar to the Norway model or withdraw completely to have a relationship with the EU like Russia or Brazil. However, none of these options are really open because the first two are seen as political suicide and option three actually is economic suicide.

If, and I say if, we really are to leave the process to do so without crippling ourselves will take a very long time, it's not a simplistic action to unravel decades of trade and legal agreements and rebuild new ones.

However, the most worrying thing is given the situation we're in the levels of infighting and incompetence in the current government are mind boggling. Do these people realise the gravity of the situation? We could end up out of the EU in March next year with no agreements and nothing in place to operate such a situation, no customs staff, no border control, no trade negotiations teams, nothing.

This whole situation has been brought about by a party who have, and always have had, a significant number of members who are class ridden, bigoted, restrictive thinkers with a superiority complex and which few, if any, party leaders have been able to control. This is why they aren't even a good capitalist party, essentially they still represent the landed classes and their values in which industry is viewed as somehow slightly vulgar.

I'm very much a remainer but even if I were a leave supporter I'd be very worried at the mess we're in and the looming potential disaster.

I don't think anyone could get it sorted, as I said it's a pig's ear. I think the only options are don't leave, do something similar to the Norway model or withdraw completely to have a relationship with the EU like Russia or Brazil. However, none of these options are really open because the first two are seen as political suicide and option three actually is economic suicide.

If, and I say if, we really are to leave the process to do so without crippling ourselves will take a very long time, it's not a simplistic action to unravel decades of trade and legal agreements and rebuild new ones.

However, the most worrying thing is given the situation we're in the levels of infighting and incompetence in the current government are mind boggling. Do these people realise the gravity of the situation? We could end up out of the EU in March next year with no agreements and nothing in place to operate such a situation, no customs staff, no border control, no trade negotiations teams, nothing.

This whole situation has been brought about by a party who have, and always have had, a significant number of members who are class ridden, bigoted, restrictive thinkers with a superiority complex and which few, if any, party leaders have been able to control. This is why they aren't even a good capitalist party, essentially they still represent the landed classes and their values in which industry is viewed as somehow slightly vulgar.

I'm very much a remainer but even if I were a leave supporter I'd be very worried at the mess we're in and the looming potential disaster.

I voted remain Sourcey,I’ve changed my mind.The problems as they stand are Brexiters want too much,Remainers can’t keep their beaks out.People who think May is a soft touch have had a wake up call.Johnson should have been hung long ago.Labour can’t agree on anything.The chances of another referendum in this country,on anything,are very slim.BTW the EU have behaved disgracefully towards us.The main reason I changed my mind.

So the Mail thinks the balloon should not be flown. Fine, give a reason why they think that protest of this nature should not be allowed. But do so with logical argument, not personal abuse of the London Mayor.

I'm surprised you haven't read it as the quote I put above was a banner headline on the front page. You say you have voted for your MP - that's exactly the point that the judges were making - it should be the MPs who make the decision on triggering Article 50, not a government using royal prerogative. I'm delighted you agree with their judgment and not the abuse directed towards them by the Mail.

I haven't read it because it isn't there! The banner headline in Saturdays DM says 'Soft Brexit Threat To May',

If you had read my post about the balloon you would have seen my reasons. Please don't keep asking the same questions when the answer is already there. As for personal abuse of the London Mayor - there is none.

BTW the EU have behaved disgracefully towards us.

The EU have stood their ground and looked after their own. I'm not quite sure what you were expecting, for them to bend over backwards?