onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Brexit again...

Davebrad

16 minutes ago, Fosse69 said:

Corby was closed, as was Shelton Bar, with the modernisation and rationalisation of the steel industry onto  5 areas in the UK. Nothing about a speech in the media, but Corby will miss all the EU investment.

The full speech can be found on Labour.org.uk.

The MSM didn't cover the Corby steelworks bit.

I wonder why?

Advert

3 hours ago, Jacko51 said:

Can any of the Brexiteers on here find me a pre-Referendum statement from Farage, Johnson, Gove et al which stated that No Deal was the likely outcome of a Leave vote.  I can't find one.  I can find plenty of statements from them saying we held all the cards, the deal would be easy and "they need us more than we need them so they will fold".

A leaver may find the odd article if they searched hard enough but it's extremely doubtful they knew about it let alone read it or knew what it entailed before the 2016 referendum. Hence evidence the majority of Leavers didn't know what they were voting for whereas Remainers knew they were voting for the status quo.

Corby didn’t receive any EU funding when the steelworks closed, in fact they didn’t receive any funding from the EU until 2007 which turned out to be a fraction of what the local Government handed over.

Corby voted to leave the EU and will not miss the EU one bit.

1 minute ago, Paul6754 said:

A leaver may find the odd article if they searched hard enough but it's extremely doubtful they knew about it let alone read it or knew what it entailed before the 2016 referendum. Hence evidence the majority of Leavers didn't know what they were voting for whereas Remainers knew they were voting for the status quo.

In your opinion. Or it could be that Remainers aren’t happy with what they currently have but are scared of change?

8 hours ago, Regal Beagle said:

"Every family will be worse off" not true.

Not all families no but every family that lives abroad and takes a UK pension or funds their retirement/life from the UK  to live on and every family/person that goes on vacation outside of the UK has been worse off since June 1016 and before due to this Brexit nonsense. But then again it doesn't matter to rich folk like Farage and Johnson.

Think about that, it's a lot of your fellow country people.

6 minutes ago, philpvfc said:

In your opinion. Or it could be that Remainers aren’t happy with what they currently have but are scared of change?

In general Remainers were happy with what they had hence why they voted remain, IMHO a country should never take such an unnecessary risk as Brexit with it's economy, the economy pays for everything and trumps politics every time.

Just to be clear if Brexit does happen I want the UK to boom economically and in every other way possible but I just don't see it happening and neither do many, many experts and there is evidence that it likely won't happen and consequently the UK will struggle and it's people poorer eg, fall in value of pound with it's consequences, reduced investment in manufacturing industry, quality jobs already moved to Europe eg Medicines agency etc.

Pretending everything will be better when we leave is pure fantasy. I can't think of a single logical reason - when you weigh up the evidence - as to why leaving is better than remaining. maybe that's because there isn't one. The campaign was punctuated by misinformation, lies, breaking electoral rules, and using social media in a deliberate mendacious way to take advantage of some people's fears over immigration and the NHS.

But it isn't true. The reason why folk are disenchanted is because of austerity and the government's policies of allowing the 

1 hour ago, Paul6754 said:

Not all families no but every family that lives abroad and takes a UK pension or funds their retirement/life from the UK  to live on and every family/person that goes on vacation outside of the UK has been worse off since June 1016 and before due to this Brexit nonsense. But then again it doesn't matter to rich folk like Farage and Johnson.

Think about that, it's a lot of your fellow country people.

With all due respect Paul, people who don't live in the UK were pretty low down on my list of priorities when it came to voting for Brexit.

8 hours ago, tommytunstall said:

Contains them many untruths could have been written by the Cabinet office. No deal was never on the table, there is a massive difference between Deal and no deal. Tell the families in the Motor industry and the farming industry to name a couple that they will not be any worse off. We are on the edge of an abyss, if you would only just draw your Union Jack curtains back and have a look.

Tommy, I'm not the one saying people wont be worse off. I'm not saying ALL families will be better off. Some will be worse unfortunately. But if as a net outcome this country will be better off outside of the EU in my honest opinion.

And union jack curtains?  Struggling a bit there aren't you?

5 hours ago, Jacko51 said:

Can any of the Brexiteers on here find me a pre-Referendum statement from Farage, Johnson, Gove et al which stated that No Deal was the likely outcome of a Leave vote.  I can't find one.  I can find plenty of statements from them saying we held all the cards, the deal would be easy and "they need us more than we need them so they will fold".

Why?

Is that a new (false) test that you have? That it must have been proclaimed to have been the most likely outcome for the vote to be legitimate?

I can find you articles of Nigel Farage predicting that the EU would play dirty and cut their nose off to spite their face. Is that acceptable?

We do hold the cards. The beautiful thing about no deal is that it's not permanent. We leave, a clean break, then when the EU is sinking and comes crawling back to us for a deal, we can, if it suits us, start negotiating.

No deal = the only way we will get an acceptable deal.

3 hours ago, philpvfc said:

Nobody wanted a no deal before or after the referendum, unfortunately that is what we will have to deal with should we leave the EU.

Simply not true.

The only thing we know for sure that the UK does not want, is to remain.

Leaving with no deal will achieve brexit, which was voted for by more people than have ever voted for a single thing in UK history.

If we do leave the EU it will have to be with no deal. There is no way Boris will be able to pass any deal through parliament even if he can get the EU to improve our deal, Corbyn and others will not allow it, they are even screwing our hand up with negotiations now with Corbyns obsession with being PM.

i agree with you in the fact we should now be preparing to leave with no deal and to go ahead in October with leaving the EU with or without a deal.

2 hours ago, TheSage said:

Pretending everything will be better when we leave is pure fantasy. I can't think of a single logical reason - when you weigh up the evidence - as to why leaving is better than remaining. maybe that's because there isn't one. The campaign was punctuated by misinformation, lies, breaking electoral rules, and using social media in a deliberate mendacious way to take advantage of some people's fears over immigration and the NHS.

But it isn't true. The reason why folk are disenchanted is because of austerity and the government's policies of allowing the 

You are so out of touch sage. Watch what happens when they try to come for our democracy again.

And please do not tell me you actually think it is brexiters that are playing on peoples fears of losing the nhs?! 

It is impossible to be that deluded surely? 

Archived