onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Brexit again...

Davebrad

Industry in the EU is going into recession after a fresh fall in both new orders and exports,raising the risk of a full-blown economic slump.A meeting of EU finance ministers in Bucharest will discuss the implications for Italy’s huge public debt caused by the emigration of skilled workers.

Cheers for that little bit of info FUA...no point knocking if no ones home...

Advert

You should hear you on radio Stoke

I have only gone on Radio Stoke when they have asked me to do so because they want someone sensible! I am not Carl from Wolstanton nor am I Dave from Trentham or any of the other callers who are on there every week speaking on behalf of Vale fans.

Sorry is 'he' actually a 'she' then

I have no idea because I don't know to whom you were referring. I simply replied to one of your posts. I had no idea I was interrupting a private conversation with "him" or "her".

Industry in the EU is going into recession after a fresh fall in both new orders and exports,raising the risk of a full-blown economic slump.A meeting of EU finance ministers in Bucharest will discuss the implications for Italy’s huge public debt caused by the emigration of skilled workers.

I will adopt the attitude of a number of posters on here and say I don't believe that.

Fake news. :wink:

[i could be non binary and resent being called a he or a she, couldn't I? We're all god's children you know.]

Fake news. :wink:

[i could be non binary and resent being called a he or a she, couldn't I? We're all god's children you know.]

She doesn't know who I'm talking about when I referred to you as 'he' seeing as you never had the decency to respond accordingly...hardly surprising as you don't want to be challenged on anything.

Anyway I would not worry your little head about leaving the EU...the parliament bottlers are plotting a long extension as we speak...hope you are happy with your 'democracy'

According to the Mail and Express, yes.

He didn't say that though did he, geo? He said that a portion of leavers were racists - and that's true. Take a look at the antics of UKIP, Batten and Robinson, the EDL and BNP. They ALL voted leave.

It does indeed appear that there are elements of anti-semitism in Labour, like there is islamophobia in the Tory Party but I fail to see the relevance to Brexit.

What amazes me in all this is that 27 countries value being part of the EU - presumably because they can see its merits and the enormous advantages it brings. Yet a minority of people in this country can't see that and believe that it's a dreadful evil thing that has done us great harm.

Why do you think we spent 15 years trying to get in? Why do you think politicians of the status of Major, Blair, Clark, Cable, Brown, Cameron and Heseltine think it's daft to leave? Are all these people fools and naves or might they just have a point?

What he said was all being tarred with the same brush......

I would suggest that some remain voters are also racist in fact some are racist who didn't vote.... so...... everyone is a racist?.... some who voted are politicians... are we all tarred with that brush too?

I'm the wrong person to ask if all politicians are naves and fools mate... but I wish you had picked a better list to make your point.

Brexit is a mess, not because if we leave something may happen or if we stay something different may happen...... but because whichever we do 50% of the voters will be claiming victory and 50% will be blamed.... that's the great divide a simple question has created and the actions and inactions of the 650 have fuelled.... it's progressed from a (complicated) disagreement to a fued of national proportions that will not fade away after whatever action is taken.

Is there a solution?

I can't see one mate, not a satisfactory one anyway.

Another referendum?....... if leave win we split even more and still don't move on.... if remain win same outcome.

A referendum on the deal or remain..... so biased a question wouldn't change a damn thing.

The only glimmer of a possibility..... more a black hole really.... is for parliament to back a leave date, with or without a deal, with the proviso that the people are asked if that's what they want to do before it's enacted..... which would create the illusion parliament had actually done something and the people could have the final say..... bloody risky I know but decisive one way or the other.

Archived