onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Brexit again...

Davebrad

Advert

Right wing xenophobia and extremism is a very dangerous trend.

So is left wing thuggery and verbal name calling on social media. Seems to be the only way the left know

I've seldom read such garbage in my life but, as they say, there's nowt so blind that cannot see.
You mean garbage that you know shoots your own creative agenda out of the sky

It's pointless trying to debate and reason with a bigot.

I demand an apology-you have no right to call anyone on here a bigot for having a different opinion to you. Your manner is contemptuous and pompous but I realise it is the only way you go when you have to resort to name calling and insults to win an argument...hateful spiteful contemptuous does you no credit whatsoever. Thankfully I am above that as are another 17.4 million whom voted leave

Brexit won't save us £30 billion. It's already cost us 2 or 3 times that and anyone with an ounce of economic sense knows how disastrous it will be.

It has cost us nothing in fact people have been better off since the referendum. Pure scaremongering nonsense

Anyone who proposes we cut our foreign aid bill that is helping to save thousands of lives abroad needs their head wobbling.

So you are happy to hand over Billions to bogus charities but prepared to watch thousands resort to foodbanks when companies use and abuse people on zero hour contracts??

It has cost us nothing in fact people have been better off since the referendum. Pure scaremongering nonsense

So you are happy to hand over Billions to bogus charities but prepared to watch thousands resort to foodbanks when companies use and abuse people on zero hour contracts??

Those two paragraphs are contradictory. If folk are better off why are more using food banks?

Can I ask a question of the Leave voters on here - and this is a genuine question not wind up or owt. When you voted leave, did you do so anticipating that we would leave with a satisfactory deal or did you assume we would leave with no deal?

Guest TommyMac
Those two paragraphs are contradictory. If folk are better off why are more using food banks?

Can I ask a question of the Leave voters on here - and this is a genuine question not wind up or owt. When you voted leave, did you do so anticipating that we would leave with a satisfactory deal or did you assume we would leave with no deal?

I expected to leave with a good deal Jean. But then I, foolishly, expected Parliament to honour the result and stand united to fight for the best possible deal.

I expected to leave with a good deal Jean. But then I, foolishly, expected Parliament to honour the result and stand united to fight for the best possible deal.

I can understand that but I suppose it didn’t help that the ultra Brexiteers in the ERG have persistently voted against the one deal we’ve got.

I expected the UK to leave end of... if a good deal could be found fine, if not then with no deal.... but then I expected the decision to be respected and honoured even though I thought it the wrong decision.

I can understand that but I suppose it didn’t help that the ultra Brexiteers in the ERG have persistently voted against the one deal we’ve got.

If the deal is bad I would expect lots of people to vote against it.... is it better than no deal?..... it's arguable.

If you start from the premise that any deal is better than no deal or that we simply must have a deal then any deal will do.... even if it's a bad deal... but let's not pretend that it's just the erg that voted against.

Just like other expats (and no - expats are not generally sun seeking pensioners in spain) I've lived my entire working life in NL. Brought my kids up there. Paid my taxes there. Paid all my pension contributions there. Own my own gaffe without mortgage. 30 odd years.

Now I have a piece of paper that I had to print out myself from the IND (immigration service) to say I'm allowed to return to my own house where I've lived for 20 years? This following two trips to the immigration offices in the Hague. I'm not blaming the IND, don't think they have any idea what is going on. Does anyone?

Why don't you take Dutch Nationality? (We have, or did have permanent residency rights). Well still most of our family live in the UK. My Daughter lives in the UK. My son lives here. Most of our friends are here. So you have to choose? Between family and friends. Between Son and Daughter?

Don't get me wrong. I'm not crying for myself. We'll be okay one way or another. But there are millions of people both sides of the channel, law abiding people, just doing their work and keeping their families together, stuck with the same ****.

It is doing my head in, the entire debate skips over this. Like it is some kind of game. It is not. It is people's lives. People who have just been doing their quiet business. Do I have to choose between my Daughter (UK) and son (NL).

Just to repeat, this is my situation. But there are millions more facing the same situation. On both sides of the channel (and non of us ever got a vote). This is no way to treat people.

This is not a game.

Hillary Clinton.

Secretary of state.... Benghazi.

Lawyer..... rape case.

Bills wife..... sexual assault cases.

Obama administration..... back door deals.

Clinton foundation..... money from Russians.

Just a short list of why Americans voted for trump not Clinton.

The democrats chose the wrong candidate then followed it up with an all out assault on the elected president with bullcrap stating facts that didn't exist... helped by CNN and others who are seemingly paying the price in the ratings.

They follow that up with .......

The green new deal.... which is a crock.

Slave reparations... ?

Blocking the wall.... which they were in favour of.

And many more....... joined by ANTIFA the anti fascist fascists and others.

They have created the perfect storm to lose.

Similar to Labour and the Tories over brexit.

Trump.... for all his faults... and there are many.... seems to speak to the ordinary Joe's in a language they understand..... even if what he says is wrong.

Although reading this back it probably doesn't mean much to most on here who are not "lucky" enough to be in my position. Don't mean this in a patronizing way. Re-think needed.

I've never really understood the "lucky" terminology..... as if somehow you have escaped life and it's many difficulties..... as though the trials and tribulations of life don't exist outside the UK.

It's been a complete, unmitigated disaster and I don't think there's a country in the world that doesn't look at us now with amazement.

US commentators, indeed, think we're completely stupid.

The Indians see us as "a sinking ship", losing credibility around the world.

Australians the same. The EU is their second largest trading partner.

The South Africans can't believe we are throwing away our global influence.

And the Japanese, of course, are already reviewing their investments in the UK and downsizing here.

The rest of the world thinks we are stark raving bonkers - and we are.

They thought exactly the same thing when we were almost alone fighting the Nazis... perhaps they were and are right.... we are nuts.

One question RB. Would you leave your good looking 20 year old daughter (if you had one) in a room on her own with Trump? If you say no, I'll assume it's because you have doubts about his ability to keep his hands off her. If you say yes, I'll assume you are not familiar with safeguarding.

Is that like...... when was the last time you beat your wife?

I've never really understood the "lucky" terminology..... as if somehow you have escaped life and it's many difficulties..... as though the trials and tribulations of life don't exist outside the UK.

Of course Geo, if not more so. But we have had the opportunity to do it, which many do not. As you know and I know it's a tough gig. Rewarding, but tough. No luck about it but not everyone gets the chance. The luck is getting the chance. You can argue that comes from background and whatever rather than luck. Maybe.

Don't think anything that has happened to me is down to luck. Except I was lucky to have good parents, lucky to have good teachers, lucky to have a great PhD supervisor, lucky to have a great mentor in NL, lucky to marry a marvelous woman, lucky to have great kids..

That is a lot of luck. Of course it is not luck. But you know I'm a privileged bloke in many ways, others are not so. I hope that I have made the most of my opportunity.

In fact when I say "luck" I should say earned opportunity.

Let us hope opportunity, as we have had,is available to all in the future.

Dear me, this sounds preachy. Not meant to be.

Archived