onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Brexit again...

Davebrad

Advert

Interesting.

Liam Fox told us all not so long ago that he would replicate up to 40 EU trade deals a second after midnight on Brexit Day.

The poor bloke has only managed 7 continuity agreements, including the mighty Faroe Islands and Palestine. He's even admitted now that a deal with Japan won't be ready.

It's a total farce. And these are the fools we're relying on after March to stabilise and grow our economy.

Even one of the CBI's big wigs, Ben Digby, has stressed the need for No-Deal to be taken off the table. I'm liking him more and more.

The good news for everyone is that there will not be a No Deal because MPs in the Commons won't wear it.

It'll be a Soft Brexit to maintain trade links with Europe or back to the people.

Paul your understanding of currency economics is beyond laughable. No-one with an iota of understanding of currency markets is going to give any credence to a one day price fluctuation.

The fact is the pound fell at a faster rate in two years prior to the referendum than in the three years since.

You are fast becoming the second most annoying poster on OVF because you have a 'know it all' arrogance on subjects you actually know nothing about.

There are some issues in the world that happen which cause a sudden fluctuation in the currency or stock markets, the one on the 23 June was the Brexit referendum. On 23 June the pound vs dollar graph/chart clearly shows a precipitous fall at a higher rate than anything two or more years before it. The fall was predicted, in fact a virtual devaluation of the pound occurred and it fell even further for a few days after. The evidence is there for you to see.

However you and Regal don't wish to see evidence, facts and it is absolutely laughable you both can't see it, perhaps you don't understand.

The "3 years since Brexit referendum statement" you make is irrelevant as it is not 3 years since the referendum date and in any discussion about whether Brexit caused a fall in the pound vs dollar rate the only dates that matter are those before the Brexit day, the Brexit referendum date itself and possibly a few days after. The pound has actually had periods since 24 June 2016 where it has rallied vs pound, the rally nothing to do with Brexit but as a result of a weakening dollar because of the trade spat between the USA and China.

I know too much for you and your comments reflect that, look at the Pound/Dollar chart the information is clearly there to see for anyone with even a modicum of understanding of Maths.

There are some issues in the world that happen which cause a sudden fluctuation in the currency or stock markets, the one on the 23 June was the Brexit referendum. On 23 June the pound vs dollar graph/chart clearly shows a precipitous fall at a higher rate than anything two or more years before it. The fall was predicted, in fact a virtual devaluation of the pound occurred and it fell even further for a few days after. The evidence is there for you to see.

However you and Regal don't wish to see evidence, facts and it is absolutely laughable you both can't see it, perhaps you don't understand.

The "3 years since Brexit referendum statement" you make is irrelevant as it is not 3 years since the referendum date and in any discussion about whether Brexit caused a fall in the pound vs dollar rate the only dates that matter are those before the Brexit day, the Brexit referendum date itself and possibly a few days after. The pound has actually had periods since 24 June 2016 where it has rallied vs pound, the rally nothing to do with Brexit but as a result of a weakening dollar because of the trade spat between the USA and China.

I know too much for you and your comments reflect that, look at the Pound/Dollar chart the information is clearly there to see for anyone with even a modicum of understanding of Maths.

Paul you struggle with simple definitions.

Guest TommyMac

'You know too much for me', your arrogance is abhorrent and that statement is miles from the truth. You have no grasp of factual information or you ignore it to suit your agenda.

Your inane ramblings are pathetically attention seeking to a level REP can only dream of achieving. Paul I admit I was wrong; you have become the most annoying poster on OVF.

Please stick to fighting for Donald's anti global warming fictional daydream and in your spare time perhaps you could build a wall and leave debate for the grown ups.

Complete control of our economic policies that is frightening, do you fully expect trade deals to flow in, this is not the mighty Britain of Victoria times, we will have what deals Liam Fox agrees, in other words we will be left with scraps.

No deal will be a total disaster for the U.K.

Hence the reason we cannot afford to delay brexit any longer. We must leave in March and we must leave with no deal so that we have complete control of our economic policies.

Complete control of our economic policies that is frightening, do you fully expect trade deals to flow in, this is not the mighty Britain of Victoria times, we will have what deals Liam Fox agrees, in other words we will be left with scraps.

No deal will be a total disaster for the U.K.

Sovereignty is not frightening, it's glorious.

It will take time. The beautiful thing is that Brexit isn't finalised on 29th March. That is literally the very start of it.

As much as remoaners will be claiming we've failed and should immediately jump back into the failing EU project if we haven't sewn up all the trade deals by Easter.

The positive is that we can't be much worse than the EU at arranging free trade deals, and significantly smaller nations than the UK have managed to sign significantly larger free trade deals than the EU.

'You know too much for me', your arrogance is abhorrent and that statement is miles from the truth. You have no grasp of factual information or you ignore it to suit your agenda.

Your inane ramblings are pathetically attention seeking to a level REP can only dream of achieving. Paul I admit I was wrong; you have become the most annoying poster on OVF.

Please stick to fighting for Donald's anti global warming fictional daydream and in your spare time perhaps you could build a wall and leave debate for the grown ups.

A wall seems to be a little excessive for the UK..... if we only had a body of water... oh wait.....

Well, I guess the truth hurts.

Well, I guess the truth hurts.

Truth isn't the hard and fast rule you think it to be... facts are one thing, the truth is fluid and bent by opinion and interpretation.

The numbers, if correct and comprehensive may be facts... your interpretation may not be the truth.

Paul, if the Express, Mail, Johnson and Rees-Mogg all say the moon is made of green cheese, then it undoubtedly is.

If you state some facts backed by learned opinion like the Bank of England or OECD or IMF it's just a load of rubbish and Project Fear.

You need to stop being sensible and accept reality. The EU has not brought us increasing prosperity and friendly relations with Europe for the past 50 years. We can easily find better alternatives for our 45% of exports that go to the EU. A Hard deal is the way to go. It won't affect our economy at all. The land of milk and honey is within touching distance. All these nasty immigrants taking our jobs and bringing down wages. All these silly laws that we don't like, like those on paternity leave and maximum working hours, can be swept away. It'll be plain selling and our economic growth will go through the roof.

Rees Mogg says it's true. Farage says it's true. Johnson says it's true. These are all honest trustworthy men who know what's best for us.

Accept the facts Paul. Don't listen to these siren voices. Two ex PMs, Clark, Heseltine, Cable and the rest are all buffoons who know nothing about the UK economy. Don't let them fool you Paul. See the light. I'll pray for you. :yes::wink:

Love it, love it, love the irony!

Truth isn't the hard and fast rule you think it to be... facts are one thing, the truth is fluid and bent by opinion and interpretation.

The numbers, if correct and comprehensive may be facts... your interpretation may not be the truth.

Geo, Definition of truth, "That which is true or in accordance with fact or reality".

To me, an interpretation of the facts is right or wrong and perhaps there may be some cases where the interpretation could be partially right/wrong.

But we're way off topic!!

Not if you are using truth as an argument to back up statements you rely on.

Facts are true, if they are not they aren't facts.

Any readings/interpretations of the facts are not necessarily true but they certainly arent facts.

An experiment some time ago had a number of people observing 4 cars, of different colour, drive down the road, when asked which one was speeding 90%+ said the red one... the fact is they were all doing the same speed but all the people told the truth as they perceived it.

Because an "expert" interprets the facts and makes a conclusion/opinion doesn't make that opinion factual or correct.

Your interpretation of facts isn't any more truthful than an opposing view.

Hmm, this dictionary stuff is interesting.

So I could say...

A decrease in value of the pound is fantastic news for UK tourism and exports, and that is the truth.

Cheers Paul.

But terrible news for UK tourists and imports, also true, depends what story you want to tell.

Archived