onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Brexit again...

Davebrad

It's truly frightening and you wonder where it will all end.

That clip is really worrying and shows us the power of billionaires who can illegally fund campaigns like Brexit and subvert our democracy. And leave little trace.

Appalling.

Makes me think this Chinese 5G fuss is just a smoke screen.

Advert

[/u][/i][/b]

Suppose you will, seeing as you are. I've not logged on for a while, but you were playing exactly the same race card back then.

Pointing out someone's repeated use of then word (amongst other things) is 'playing the race card' now, is it? What a ******* berk. Racists get so annoyed when people point out racism.

Don't play the victim now. You tried to use the word racist as a weapon in a debate which was nothing to do with race.

For the record I'm ok with you using the race card in a discussion about someone using the kind of language that Benjamin used.

However, he is a professional at skirting the line of context. This is literally his job and so I'm dubious that he genuinely used those words and I'd need to see the wider context before we sentence him to death.

I wasn't playing the victim, merely (correctly) pointing out that some witless dckhead would be along to accuse me of 'playing the race card'. And, lo, it came to pass.

And as for you 'being OK with [me] using the race card', I don't need the likes of you to confirm or (more typically) deny racism; I can see it perfectly well with my own eyes, unlike yourself who denies or defends, as in the case of Carl equating immigration with crime.

I wasn't playing the victim, merely (correctly) pointing out that some witless dckhead would be along to accuse me of 'playing the race card'. And, lo, it came to pass.

And as for you 'being OK with [me] using the race card', I don't need the likes of you to confirm or (more typically) deny racism; I can see it perfectly well with my own eyes, unlike yourself who denies or defends, as in the case of Carl equating immigration with crime.

I fully understand you don't like the truth pointed out about your hypocritical party but please less of strong verbal insults please regardless of what side of the argument you are on

I fully understand you don't like the truth pointed out about your hypocritical party but please less of strong verbal insults please regardless of what side of the argument you are on

Yeah, you prefer racist slurs to vulnerable minorities, don't you? "Strong verbal insults" lol, like you're some mild mannered liberal. You're a ******* racist who has been banned from here for your racist posts and continues to post racist stuff. Still no joy on your quest to prove your idiotic points from last week, you racist (FACT) liar (FACT)?

Sorry mate but that's not true. There WAS talk about Turkey joining the EU - I heard it myself in Hanley the day before the referendum. There were also posters claiming it was happening.

https://cms.qz.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/screen-shot-2016-09-28-at-10-34-45-am.png?w=450&h=256&crop=1&strip=all&quality=75

The point about the link I posted though was less to do with Brexit and more to do with how the tech companies are creating situations which undermine democracy. I thought you would be appalled at the thought of folk undermining democracy but I seem to have been wrong.

Orwellian with a twist..........

It raises 3 obvious questions..... about the whole not just this one incident.

When did it start.

Who will stop it.

Who has used it.

The problem with the race card is it's being used far to often.... and it's being devalued...... it's also not a one way street.

If a politician makes stupid statements it makes them an ass..... if the politician happens to be an ethnic minority it doesn't change the fact that they are an ass.... and calling them an ass doesn't make the caller a racist.

Racism is a blight, it exists in all communities, whatever their ethnic makeup.

Let's not run away with the idea that only the white race (for want of a better word) are racist.

No you make up a racism at every turn to shut down discussion.

I don't deny racism, which is proven by my stance on derogatory language based on skin colour such which you seem to find acceptable. also by leading MPs such as Abbott and Lammy who have a track record of raciam.

The difference between you and me is that I use the dictionary definition of racism, you use your own. And I call out clear and obvious racism, some of which you find to be acceptable.

Sorry mate but that's not true. There WAS talk about Turkey joining the EU - I heard it myself in Hanley the day before the referendum. There were also posters claiming it was happening.

https://cms.qz.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/screen-shot-2016-09-28-at-10-34-45-am.png?w=450&h=256&crop=1&strip=all&quality=75

The point about the link I posted though was less to do with Brexit and more to do with how the tech companies are creating situations which undermine democracy. I thought you would be appalled at the thought of folk undermining democracy but I seem to have been wrong.

I don't really think effective advertising and campaigning is undermining democracy.

I also find it rich that you are trying to play the democracy card yet you don't give a shot about the result of the credit vote and would happily overturn it tomorrow.

There is only one of us that is a staunch defender of democracy, and it isn't you.

I'm glad we agree that Carol was lying in your video then as I was quoting her saying that there was no discussion of them joining.

And it ain't you, with your right wing ideology

I don't really think effective advertising and campaigning is undermining democracy.

I also find it rich that you are trying to play the democracy card yet you don't give a shot about the result of the credit vote and would happily overturn it tomorrow.

There is only one of us that is a staunch defender of democracy, and it isn't you.

No you make up a racism at every turn to shut down discussion.

I don't deny racism, which is proven by my stance on derogatory language based on skin colour such which you seem to find acceptable. also by leading MPs such as Abbott and Lammy who have a track record of raciam.

The difference between you and me is that I use the dictionary definition of racism, you use your own. And I call out clear and obvious racism, some of which you find to be acceptable.

Dictionary definition? You thought 'gammon' was a racist term, you absolute chump. And as for calling out clear and obvious racism, you've denied both Trump and Farage's racism and even when Carl equated immigration with crime, you defended him. The difference between you and I is that I call out racism and you defend it. Oh yeah, when have I "made up a racism"?

You are a pernicious racist either that you are a lazy fool who regurgitates racist propaganda from scum like Britain first. Your posts are offensive.

When you are called out you get all sensitive. Well tough luck.

You don't seem to understand most of the points people are making. Or is it that you don't want to accept something that doesn't fit in with your agenda?

It isn't advertising and campaigning in the accepted legal manner but a underhand, deliberate method of picking out millions of key marginal voters and bombarding them with lies and misinformation that, surprise surprise, mysteriously disappear from public view and cannot be traced. Nor will Facebook release details of what they've been paid and what they've done.

It's a manipulation of the electoral process by billionaires and their cronies to make money out of Brexit and frighten people into voting out.

The Leave campaign have been fined several times for breaking the law and goodness only knows what else has gone on.

Read this report from Oxford University and consider the conclusion Professor Howard reaches.

Like Jacko's post above it is frightening stuff, subverting democracy and truly worrying.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Q0NjuvhZYvpQU5F7JXzK2xrcEYF8rVp4/view

Archived