onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Brexit again...

Davebrad

One of UKIP's candidates has been caught up in yet another racist outburst.

Suppose I'll be criticised for 'playing the race card' again, won't I?

Don't play the victim now. You tried to use the word racist as a weapon in a debate which was nothing to do with race.

For the record I'm ok with you using the race card in a discussion about someone using the kind of language that Benjamin used.

However, he is a professional at skirting the line of context. This is literally his job and so I'm dubious that he genuinely used those words and I'd need to see the wider context before we sentence him to death.

Advert

You haven’t apologised for saying immigrants were a drain on society or all criminals. Funny how you pick out Black MPs again isn’t it?

Funny how he has picked out racist MPs.

Their skin colour is not relevant, but the fact they have both tweeting stuff which is potentially insulting and derogatory to people based purely on their skin colour is relevant.

Or were they doing the good and acceptable kind of racism?

So you haven't watched it. Silly response then.

Darren Grimes has been charged and found guilty.

Vote Leave have admitted that they broke the law.

The Met Police are in possession of the file to look at wrongdoings by Gove and Johnson plus Aaron Banks and his mates links with Putin. Banks has threatened to sue Carol and her Colleague Peter Jukes but has never followed through as he knows that he’d lose.

There is a strong suspicion the Met are dragging their feet on Government orders.

Whichever side of the divide you are on, surely we must all find this scary.

It is scary how much **** she is talking.

There was never any discussion about Turkey joining - yes there was. They were applying to join.

I don't want to call this a lie, it feels like a hate crime - your speech feels like a hate crime and contains lies.

There was never any discussion about Turkey joining - yes there was. They were applying to join.

I don't want to call this a lie, it feels like a hate crime - your speech feels like a hate crime and contains lies.

She spends the last few minutes arguing why we need our sovereignty back...

One of UKIP's candidates has been caught up in yet another racist outburst.

Suppose I'll be criticised for 'playing the race card' again, won't I?

Suppose you will, seeing as you are. I've not logged on for a while, but you were playing exactly the same race card back then.

Sorry mate but that's not true. There WAS talk about Turkey joining the EU - I heard it myself in Hanley the day before the referendum. There were also posters claiming it was happening.

https://cms.qz.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/screen-shot-2016-09-28-at-10-34-45-am.png?w=450&h=256&crop=1&strip=all&quality=75

The point about the link I posted though was less to do with Brexit and more to do with how the tech companies are creating situations which undermine democracy. I thought you would be appalled at the thought of folk undermining democracy but I seem to have been wrong.

It's truly frightening and you wonder where it will all end.

That clip is really worrying and shows us the power of billionaires who can illegally fund campaigns like Brexit and subvert our democracy. And leave little trace.

Appalling.

It is indeed scarey but one paradox is the demographic that most voted Leave were the older generation who are less likely to be on Facebook but I guess it could be argued that Facebook etc swayed enough of the younger voters.

My main point has always been lies kill/hamper the democratic process whether told on line or by whatever means.

Sadly certain non-EU immigrants and their progeny have done enough on the streets of London, Manchester, Rotherham and countless other towns/cities throughout the UK to earn a bad rep from regular media/news, the irony being immigrants from within Europe (and China) are an overall plus to the UK but they got caught in the wash.

Archived