onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Irrational football dislikes

RailwayRowdy

Advert

Long tannoy announcements during a game, can't they be done at the beginning or at half time, exceptions being important, high priority announcements.

Eg, many times when watching Liverpool games on tv a deafening announcement comes on about "Operation Anfield" or words to that effect and it lasts for ca 20-30 secs.

Yes, the kit thing drives me nuts - especially the dayglo lime green ones that look like the floor cleaner fluid under the kitchen sink. If a team who play in red plays a team who plays in blue, why do we end up watching lime green, orange, black, grey, chocolate brown, pink, purple tops prancing around? Another load of marketing shizzle to sell the third kit.

Badge kissers.

"This is always a difficult ground to come to" Get a ruddy satnav.

Giving one player a bottle of champagne to give to another player in the tunnel for being man of the match. One day, it's going to get dropped on someone's foot, and I hope I'm watching when that happens....

Fourth officials who just shrug when the manager goes to berate them for something the referee did in the middle - tell 'em to get stuffed and book them!

Agreed on the swarm of hangers on behind the manager - some bloke to hold the kit bag of the bloke who hold the kit man's kit bag. Jackson Pollacks.

Empty seats ten minutes in to the second half because the corporates are still nibbling their canapes in the lounge. Just stay at home, raid the fridge and watch it on the telly if an extra mushroom vol au vent is your reason for living.

Fourth officials who hold up the extra time sign and don't show it to all 4 sides of the ground. Does my OCD in. They should be put on a little turntables and given a spin until all corners of the ground have seen the sign, or until they get dizzy and fall off.

Managers who seriously believe that waving their hands around on the touchline as if they are rolling up a washing line can have any bearing on the player 70 yards away who is looking in the other direction as he does so.

Players giving each other a massive hug just before kick off as if they have not seen each other in years, let alone shared the same dressing room two minutes earlier. Get a room guys.

Maradona.

Alice bands.

Robbie Savage on the radio or telly. Or indeed anywhere else.

Commentators who trot out stats as if they are paid by the numbers. "And that's the third game running where he's scored against a team with an E in their name". Riveting.

Yes, the kit thing drives me nuts - especially the dayglo lime green ones that look like the floor cleaner fluid under the kitchen sink. If a team who play in red plays a team who plays in blue, why do we end up watching lime green, orange, black, grey, chocolate brown, pink, purple tops prancing around? Another load of marketing shizzle to sell the third kit.

Badge kissers.

"This is always a difficult ground to come to" Get a ruddy satnav.

Giving one player a bottle of champagne to give to another player in the tunnel for being man of the match. One day, it's going to get dropped on someone's foot, and I hope I'm watching when that happens....

Fourth officials who just shrug when the manager goes to berate them for something the referee did in the middle - tell 'em to get stuffed and book them!

Agreed on the swarm of hangers on behind the manager - some bloke to hold the kit bag of the bloke who hold the kit man's kit bag. Jackson Pollacks.

Empty seats ten minutes in to the second half because the corporates are still nibbling their canapes in the lounge. Just stay at home, raid the fridge and watch it on the telly if an extra mushroom vol au vent is your reason for living.

Fourth officials who hold up the extra time sign and don't show it to all 4 sides of the ground. Does my OCD in. They should be put on a little turntables and given a spin until all corners of the ground have seen the sign, or until they get dizzy and fall off.

Managers who seriously believe that waving their hands around on the touchline as if they are rolling up a washing line can have any bearing on the player 70 yards away who is looking in the other direction as he does so.

Players giving each other a massive hug just before kick off as if they have not seen each other in years, let alone shared the same dressing room two minutes earlier. Get a room guys.

Maradona.

Alice bands.

Robbie Savage on the radio or telly. Or indeed anywhere else.

Commentators who trot out stats as if they are paid by the numbers. "And that's the third game running where he's scored against a team with an E in their name". Riveting.

Wow ! And I thought I hated some stuff ! Right, final offerings from me. Football stadia that continually change their name. I have been to the McAlpine, but have I been to the Galfarm or the John Smiths etc etc ? Managers who when interviewed NEVER look at the camera. Harry Redknapp. Ex players who say “you’ve never played the game” to try and belittle fans. Newspapers that only print home and away stats league tables for the Premier League. Jamie Redknapp & Mark Noble pretending they eat pie & mash. Floodlights with half the bulbs out. Oh I’m going to bed. :wub:

How about players who come for interview dressed like 'dey iz a gangsta from da hood, bro' with oversized headphones worn like a necklace and stupid ill-fitting backwards baseball caps. They're just demonstrating what pretentious clowns they are. What happened to representing your club in a professional manner? It isn't like they aren't paid enough to only make a contribution on the pitch.

Sent from my [device_name] using the http://onevalefan mobile app

Non-traditional squad numbers. Main culprit at the moment is Wilfried Bony, number 2. Previous include Asamoah Gyan (3) and also Morgan Scheiderlin (2). Also applied to Sagi Burton when he donned the number 9.

Not wearing your home kit when you could do. You should stick with tradition and be proud of your team's colours.

When home and away kits are reversed colours so creates a need for a 3rd kit (we can be counted in this).

I'm sure there are more...

The premier league teams ability to sponsor everything and anything. I'm expecting to hear a tannoy announcement saying "The man in the main stand is taking a **** sponsored by Andrex, soft and warm comfort for a premier league wipe"
Good one. I went to a match at Old Trollope last season and there was a poster with Wayne Rooney on it advertising Ying Yong Yang (or whatever their name was), "official noodle suppliers to Manchester United". Unbelievable. Almost as bad as Nivea for Scouse Fairies. Can you imagine Chopper Harris or Jack Charlton smothering themselves in Nivea? It's the sort of thing my nan smothered her face in before chucking her teeth in a cup of water and getting in bed.

Sent from my [device_name] using the http://onevalefan mobile app

Wow ! And I thought I hated some stuff ! Right, final offerings from me. Football stadia that continually change their name. I have been to the McAlpine, but have I been to the Galfarm or the John Smiths etc etc ? Managers who when interviewed NEVER look at the camera. Harry Redknapp. Ex players who say “you’ve never played the game” to try and belittle fans. Newspapers that only print home and away stats league tables for the Premier League. Jamie Redknapp & Mark Noble pretending they eat pie & mash. Floodlights with half the bulbs out. Oh I’m going to bed. :wub:

More of a dislike than a hate, but I could make an exception for one or two of those. And, yeah, Ray Effin Winstone in between halves, before the game, after the game - when the fun stops, stop. How about when the ads start, shut up?

Archived